PDA

View Full Version : For the First time in my life...

eagles_victory
05-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Im a big Spurs fan tonight. Watch a little of the game and you'll see why.

SintonFan
05-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

Are you in Phoenix?

eagles_victory
05-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Are you in Phoenix? No lol

Txbroadcaster
05-05-2010, 02:15 PM

because of Los Suns?

charlesrixey
05-05-2010, 02:16 PM
+1

NateDawg39
05-05-2010, 03:12 PM
I watch sports to get away from politics...now I have to see politics on the court :doh:

And the Spurs wanted to wear their "Los Spurs" uniforms but did not bring them to Phoenix and NBA teams are required to have two sets when they travel I believe.

crzyjournalist03
05-05-2010, 03:16 PM
umm...the Suns are using the Spanish word for "the" on their jerseys too, so if that's the reason, that's a moot point.

eagles_victory
05-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
umm...the Suns are using the Spanish word for "the" on their jerseys too, so if that's the reason, that's a moot point. It is not what is said it is the reason behind why it is said.

NastySlot
05-05-2010, 03:20 PM
It is not what is said it is the reason behind why it is said.

what?

NateDawg39
05-05-2010, 03:20 PM
It is not what is said it is the reason behind why it is said. But you do realize the Spurs feel the same way right?

eagles_victory
05-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
what? Crzy said it is just the spanish word for the but it is the reason why they are putting it on there. I don't care to discuss the issue because this has nothing to do with my thoughts on the issue but there is a time and a place to make political statements and Im a firm believer people should make political statements in the proper forms and this isn't it.

Originally posted by NateDawg39
But you do realize the Spurs feel the same way right? That's fine to feel that way who am I to judge/question anyones political opinions I just disagree with expressing them in this forum.

NastySlot
05-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Crzy said it is just the spanish word for the but it is the reason why they are putting it on there. I don't care to discuss the issue because this has nothing to do with my thoughts on the issue but there is a time and a place to make political statements and Im a firm believer people should make political statements in the proper forms and this isn't it.

couldn't the reason the Suns are wearing the "Los Suns" because this the 5th of May and in honor of the Hispanic culture (legally) in Arizona

crzyjournalist03
05-05-2010, 03:31 PM
So, explain to me again why if both teams are doing it, how does that relate to you rooting for the Spurs?

NateDawg39
05-05-2010, 03:32 PM
couldn't the reason the Suns are wearing the "Los Suns" because this the 5th of May and in honor of the Hispanic culture (legally) in Arizona
. Yes that was part of the reason, but the players association of the NBA along with Mr. Stern have expressed their opinion of the new law in play and in turn determined now was the best time to wear the jerseys partly of support of the Hispanic culture and in defiance of the law.

eagles_victory
05-05-2010, 03:35 PM
So, explain to me again why if both teams are doing it, how does that relate to you rooting for the Spurs? When I made this thread I didnt know the Spurs were doing it and I don't think the Spurs are tonight. If the Spurs do it I will have just as big of an issue with that.

. No there is an article by JA Adande talking about them doing it because of the law.

SintonFan
05-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Los Suns is silly.
It should be Los Sol...

Maroon87
05-05-2010, 05:52 PM
So, explain to me again why if both teams are doing it, how does that relate to you rooting for the Spurs?

The Spurs wanted to but decided not to, or so I heard. Something about not being able to get them shipped in time...:thinking:

Or maybe they're just concerned with winning the game.

DDBooger
05-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
The Spurs wanted to but decided not to, or so I heard. Something about not being able to get them shipped in time...:thinking:

Or maybe they're just concerned with winning the game.
Popovich wanted to wear them, but TNT reported that they only had them in white.

SintonFan
05-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Popovich wanted to wear them, but TNT reported that they only had them in white.

:doh: :devil::doh:

Emerson1
05-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Los Suns is silly.
It should be Los Sol...
It's like when they have the Los Mavs games

Ranger Mom
05-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger

Isn't that racial profiling?:p

SintonFan
05-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's like when they have the Los Mavs games

:doh:
Well, what would the politically incorrect term for the Houston Rockets?

Los Coyotes Rápido?:thinking: :D

Heck, we should rename all the NBA teams with Spanish titles.

ˇNostradamus sí correcto!

no, I don't believe in all that doomsday crap.

coach
05-06-2010, 02:09 AM
:doh:
Well, what would the politically incorrect term for the Houston Rockets?

Los Coyotes Rápido?:thinking: :D

Heck, we should rename all the NBA teams with Spanish titles.

ˇNostradamus sí correcto!

no, I don't believe in all that doomsday crap.

who cares houston sucks

NastySlot
05-06-2010, 08:38 AM
we could also see if we can change the name of san antonio to the Saint Anthony.........lets be like France...........no more foreign word in the American Vocab.