PDA

View Full Version : Clarification for next years State Meet rule change...

kaorder1999
05-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Rule Change:
The UIL staff will select one additional qualifier for each event to compete in the state meet. This qualifier will be the individual and/or relay team with the best overall time, mark, or height from all regional meets per classification that did not finish first or second. The total number of contestants per event per classification will be nine.

pancho villa
05-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Rule Change:
The UIL staff will select one additional qualifier for each event to compete in the state meet. This qualifier will be the individual and/or relay team with the best overall time, mark, or height from all regional meets per classification that did not finish first or second. The total number of contestants per event per classification will be nine.

Not till next year!

pancho villa
05-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Coaches,

Point of Clarification regarding track and field qualifiers to the state meet:

There will be no additional qualifiers added to this year’s State Track and Field Meet in any event.

The new rule change will take effect at next year’s State Track and Field Meet (2011).

Rule Change:

Sheila Henderson
UIL Assistant Athletic Director
512-471-5883
512-471-6589 (fax)
shendy@austin.utexas.edu

kaorder1999
05-05-2010, 10:39 AM
hence my NEXT YEARS state meet in title of thread! lol

ccmom
05-05-2010, 11:07 AM
hence my NEXT YEARS state meet in title of thread! lol

Haha....my thoughts exactly! ;)

pirate4state
05-05-2010, 11:46 AM
hence my NEXT YEARS state meet in title of thread! lol you gotta excuse Pancho, he's probably had too much to eat & drink already! lmao

garciap77
05-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Rule Change:

:2thumbsup

LH Panther Mom
05-05-2010, 05:55 PM
That makes sense! I thought it was probably next year - blame crabman for confusing me. :D :p

bigwood33
05-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Isn't Meyers stadium an 8 lane facility? Is the plan to heat the running events?

For the record, I don't like it. There is no way to justify taking the best 3rd place runner from the regions. The conditions at the respective regional locations vary too much. Wind, rain, heat, etc impact times too much. It isn't fair.

Heffelfinger
05-05-2010, 07:58 PM
9 lanes.

bigwood33
05-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Heffelfinger
9 lanes.

Thanks, I still don't like it.

crabman
05-05-2010, 10:46 PM
This one isn't about being fair. They just kept noticing year after year that there were nine lanes and only eight runners. Someone finally said "we have a lot of good kids staying home who could be here running". Hence the fastest third place rule. It is a gift to some kid somewhere. It is not meant to be "fair". It is a chance to increase participation without really affecting anything.

Sorry for making you look bad LHPM.

LH Panther Mom
05-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Sorry for making you look bad LHPM.
You didn't make me look bad, at least I didn't take it that way! I'm easily confused (sometimes) but this time I had someone I could "blame". ;)