PDA

View Full Version : Newspapers are Dumb

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Must have been too big.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs436.ash1/24070_1231850887678_1571310425_31137704_2052072_n. jpg

He is black after all, so this should be expected.

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-04-2010, 12:47 PM
HAHAHAHA

Keith7
05-04-2010, 12:51 PM
It's photo shopped, you can tell because the font on the headline on the left is different than the headline in question :doh:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
It's photo shopped, you can tell because the font on the headline on the left is different than the headline in question :doh:

I just saw it on the internet. No biggie. I laughed. Still funny.

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2010, 01:02 PM

no it is real

http://archive.easternecho.com/content/republicans-turned-size-obamas-package?page=2

that is the online archive of the paper

Pick6
05-04-2010, 01:31 PM

C'mom, be your normal self and cry about a political post :bigcry:

BBDE, it is funny :clap: :clap:

BullsFan
05-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Funny!!

Ranger Mom
05-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Must have been too big.

One thing I have never understood....if his father was black and his mother is white....how come he is considered black and not simply biracial??

coach
05-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Must have been too big.

_

so this is why you like obama...its all making since to me now

Ranger Mom
05-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by coach
...its all making since to me now

Oh the irony!!!

:D

Farmersfan
05-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
One thing I have never understood....if his father was black and his mother is white....how come he is considered black and not simply biracial??

Because it serves his purpose better to be black. Acorn would not have had the same agenda to push if he claimed anything other than Black!

Ranger Mom
05-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Because it serves his purpose better to be black. Acorn would not have had the same agenda to push if he claimed anything other than Black!

My daughter's manager's dad is black and his mom his white......he said he is biracial.

If he has to fill out what race he is....says he he used to say "black" if he didn't have any other option. But he writes either "biracial" or "more than one race" if it isn't already an option.

turbostud
05-04-2010, 02:32 PM

:D :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-04-2010, 03:28 PM

Oh yeah, because everybody on here knows that I'm gay and everything....

Ranger Mom
05-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Oh yeah, because everybody on here knows that I'm gay and everything....

C'mon Gary.....that's not any different than what you used to do to Casey!!!:p

LE Dad
05-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Oh yeah, because everybody on here knows that I'm gay and everything.... I didn't..... but it explains a few things. :D

lostaussie
05-04-2010, 03:48 PM
my vote= very funny:D

on another note, the 1st Lady has no complaints about the Presidents package!!!

crzyjournalist03
05-04-2010, 04:06 PM

Aren't we all multi-racial if you go back in family history?

Race, as politically correct as people try to be these days, is almost exclusively determined by the color of skin rather than heritage.

I know several "white" people from Africa, but they're not classified as African-American.

I know plenty of "black" people from Latin America, but they're classified as African-American rather than Latino-American.

Going further, I honestly don't know what "race" I am. My skin tone is definitely what most people would call "white" or "Caucasian", but I am actually more Portuguese than anything else (25%), followed by American Indian. I guess since Portugal is in Europe, it can be properly considered Caucasian, but I've also seen it considered Spanish due to it's proximity to Spain.

Ranger Mom
05-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Aren't we all multi-racial if you go back in family history?

Race, as politically correct as people try to be these days, is almost exclusively determined by the color of skin rather than heritage.

I know several "white" people from Africa, but they're not classified as African-American.

I know plenty of "black" people from Latin America, but they're classified as African-American rather than Latino-American.

Going further, I honestly don't know what "race" I am. My skin tone is definitely what most people would call "white" or "Caucasian", but I am actually more Portuguese than anything else (25%), followed by American Indian. I guess since Portugal is in Europe, it can be properly considered Caucasian, but I've also seen it considered Spanish due to it's proximity to Spain.

I know some cousins of mine did some kind of genealogy thing one time....and there were several different "races" in there. The only one that I remember was "black Irish".....does that make me a black woman???:thinking: :p

crzyjournalist03
05-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I know some cousins of mine did some kind of genealogy thing one time....and there were several different "races" in there. The only one that I remember was "black Irish".....does that make me a black woman???:thinking: :p

Have you ever seen the episode of Family Guy where Peter finds out that he had a relative who was a black slave? That's what I you just made me think about! :D

sinton66
05-04-2010, 05:52 PM
1). Keep it clean. (3 points)

Vulgarity, profanity, sexually explicit/sexually suggestive language and/or pictures, gay references, and racial remarks will not be tolerated. Your posts will be monitored and evaluated based on both language and context, so even if you substitute characters for certain letters, it may be the MEANING that counts.

Some of you people just never learn.

marler1972
05-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Somebody is a little power hungry today.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

Vulgarity, profanity, sexually explicit/sexually suggestive language and/or pictures, gay references, and racial remarks will not be tolerated. Your posts will be monitored and evaluated based on both language and context, so even if you substitute characters for certain letters, it may be the MEANING that counts.

Gay, as defined by Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: 1gay
Pronunciation: \ˈgā\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French gai, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German gāhi quick, sudden
Date: 14th century

1 a : happily excited : merry <in a gay mood> b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits.

Assumptions, assumptions.

sinton66
05-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Gay, as defined by Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: 1gay
Pronunciation: \ˈgā\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French gai, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German gāhi quick, sudden
Date: 14th century

1 a : happily excited : merry <in a gay mood> b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits.

Assumptions, assumptions.

Would you prefer a formal warning?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Would you prefer a formal warning?

I just think the rule should be amended to say homosexual references. What about references towards lesbians? Gay is such a broad term and can encompass anything. Just a thought. ;)

Now, about that Arizona Sweet Tea. Are you a fan?

sinton66
05-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Gary, I'm in NO mood for you to keep pushing, take heed.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Gary, I'm in NO mood for you to keep pushing, take heed.

A lovely song to cheer you up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijQUkkFq-Hc&feature=related

Enjoy, friend. ;)

TheDOCTORdre
05-04-2010, 07:25 PM
one more

TheDOCTORdre
05-04-2010, 07:30 PM

Serious question here and not trying to start any trouble but by putting gay references in that rule isnt that implying that being refered to as a homosexual is a bad thing? Which leads to me asking does the 3ADOWNLOW look down upon homosexuals in some way shape or form?

sinton66
05-04-2010, 07:35 PM
No, it means we won't tolerate members calling other members that. It means we're tired of immature people saying "That's gay" when directed at someone else's posts. It means we're not here to" bash" gays in any way and we're not going to allow it on here
Period..

pirate4state
05-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Serious question here and not trying to start any trouble but by putting gay references in that rule isnt that implying that being refered to as a homosexual is a bad thing? Which leads to me asking does the 3ADOWNLOW look down upon homosexuals in some way shape or form? :eek: oh my gato

man dre, that made me laugh so hard!

TheDOCTORdre
05-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: oh my gato

man dre, that made me laugh so hard!

I'm just trying to make sure the board isn't indirectly bashing gays in their rules, and 66 has clarified that they aren't.

coach
05-04-2010, 07:52 PM

Period..

i see two periods

TheDOCTORdre
05-04-2010, 07:53 PM
i see two periods

are you implying that its that time of the month

sinton66
05-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Good for you, I guess that means you're not blind.

bigwood33
05-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Eeeeaaassy now folks. I think it may be time for a chill pill ;)

LE Dad
05-04-2010, 08:32 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

What did I miss?:confused:

SintonFan
05-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Must have been too big.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs436.ash1/24070_1231850887678_1571310425_31137704_2052072_n. jpg

What if he took after his mother???
:eek:

LE Dad
05-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
What if he took after his mother???
:eek: Then the size of the package is probably being exaggerated.:D

SintonFan
05-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Then the size of the package is probably being exaggerated.:D

Only BBDE would know.:eek: