PDA

View Full Version : Any other Cowboy fans don't like Romo?

charlesrixey
05-04-2010, 06:49 AM
I spent his first year thinking he might be okay. I have spent every prior year wondering why he is still here. Why did they give this guy a big contract? I know we can do better.

No one ever seems to bring it up but my Cowboys should've cut the cord a long time ago.

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2010, 07:04 AM
ok who can Dallas get right now that will have them at least in the 2nd round?

Farmersfan
05-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
I spent his first year thinking he might be okay. I have spent every prior year wondering why he is still here. Why did they give this guy a big contract? I know we can do better.

No one ever seems to bring it up but my Cowboys should've cut the cord a long time ago.

Romo has failed in Dallas so far. And any average QB could take THIS team to the second round. A good QB should have accomplished so much more.................. end of story!

Pick6
05-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
ok who can Dallas get right now that will have them at least in the 2nd round?

TXB, these threads are a waste of time. Anyone who thinks Romo is the sole reason Dallas hasn't won a Super Bowl has no clue and needs to get their football IQ checked. It took Dree Brees 9 years to win a Super Bowl. I guess rixey and ff would of cut him years ago :rolleyes:

Farmersfan
05-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
TXB, these threads are a waste of time. Anyone who thinks Romo is the sole reason Dallas hasn't won a Super Bowl has no clue and needs to get their football IQ checked. It took Dree Brees 9 years to win a Super Bowl. I guess rixey and ff would of cut him years ago :rolleyes:

Show me one single post where anyone said Romo was the sole reason!!!!! The Cowboys have numerous ailments that they consistently try to fix. (except their QB). that's why so many people are down on Romo. They bring in receivers, backs, defenders, coaches, trainers, bussboys, prostitutes, IRS agents, accupuncturists and any other thing you can think of to try to fix the team and leave alone the one spot that has the biggest impact on the overall success of the team!!!!!
And you show your lack of maturity when you state that people who disagree with you don't have a football IQ! Sounds like to me you are overcompensating for something Pick6!!! Trying to make yourself feel better about..........yourself! :D :D

Pick6
05-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Show me one single post where anyone said Romo was the sole reason!!!!! The Cowboys have numerous ailments that they consistently try to fix. (except their QB). that's why so many people are down on Romo. They bring in receivers, backs, defenders, coaches, trainers, bussboys, prostitutes, IRS agents, accupuncturists and any other thing you can think of to try to fix the team and leave alone the one spot that has the biggest impact on the overall success of the team!!!!!
And you show your lack of maturity when you state that people who disagree with you don't have a football IQ! Sounds like to me you are overcompensating for something Pick6!!! Trying to make yourself feel better about..........yourself! :D :D

If I wanna make myself feel better I just say your name or drive thru that dump called Farmersville.

You have blamed Romo for everything under the sun. Every loss they have you come down on Romo. I guess you're back to your old way of flip flopping again.

BILLYFRED0000
05-04-2010, 08:29 AM
My favorite reference is Troy. Played with one of the greatest lines and running backs of all time and had a proven tandem of recievers. It took them three years to get there and with no bones about it great coach. Now how can anybody compare tony's situation with that. When are you people going to examine your decision making paradigm?

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2010, 08:39 AM

So by your account Dallas has basically been a revolving door at everything but the QB position yet Romo still has a career passer rating of 95. Is 38-17 as a starter won two division crowns and is in the top 4 in yards, TDS and passing %

So IMO it shows his worth to keep putting up those numbers with so many "new' players coming and going

PPSTATEBOUND
05-04-2010, 08:39 AM
I say they keep him as long as they can.....:devil: .what a great commodity....:inlove:

Bullaholic
05-04-2010, 09:08 AM
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning"- Lt. Col. William "Bill" Kilgore....:D

Bullaholic
05-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Now, as for something that has to do with Romo.....

Tony Romo is not Roger Staubach---don't think he ever will be.
At this point I think he has enough skills to lead this Cowboy team to a Superbowl. Could he lead the Cowboys to a Superbowl victory?----I'm not ready to go that far yet, because I don't see in him yet the 24-7 dedication and desire to football and the Cowboys that it takes to be a winning Superbowl QB. He may commit at this level somewhere along the way, but I haven't seen it yet. If he ever gets the "I'm going to beat you somehow, someway" attitude of Captain America for an entire season---I think we will know he has arrived.

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Now, as for something that has to do with Romo.....

I don't see in him yet the 24-7 dedication and desire to football and the Cowboys that it takes to be a winning Superbowl QB. He may commit at this level somewhere along the way, but I haven't seen it yet. If he ever gets the "I'm going to beat you somehow, someway" attitude of Captain America for an entire season---I think we will know he has arrived.

I think the whole 24/7 dedication is a stretch..only ONE qb in this era shows that and that is Peyton Manning..and he still is called a QB who struggles in big games.

IMO Romo has shown that I am going to beat you anyway I can. In fact that is kind of what he is known for. Turning a broken play into something.

LE Dad
05-04-2010, 09:49 AM
If Dez Bryant can do what he did at OSU, he will make Romo a Super Bowl MVP. The Cowboys need a solid O line to give Romo some time to throw. If Bryant is close to the ball, he will adjust and make the catch. That is what he did at OSU for Robinson who by no means is an accurate passer.

Bullaholic
05-04-2010, 09:57 AM
I think the whole 24/7 dedication is a stretch..only ONE qb in this era shows that and that is Peyton Manning..and he still is called a QB who struggles in big games.

IMO Romo has shown that I am going to beat you anyway I can. In fact that is kind of what he is known for. Turning a broken play into something.

Romo and Staubach are both known for making big plays, but I think Staubach had that extra quality which made him come up with big game-winning plays when it counted most,

Romo has admitted publicly that football is not the most important or perhaps, only, thing in his life----and that's fine---but you just can't go around saying that when you are the QB of the Dallas Cowboys who are in a 14yr Superbowl drought.

Emerson1
05-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
You should know by know when it comes to the Cowboys few people here know what they are talking about. Especially farmersfan when it comes to all pro sports.

Keith7
05-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Romo is garbage.. I'm happy the cowgirls have him.. makes the turds that much less intimidating :clap:

Daddy D 11
05-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Romo has failed in Dallas so far. And any average QB could take THIS team to the second round. A good QB should have accomplished so much more.................. end of story!

Above, you say that ANY average QB could take THIS team to the second round. Thus implying the team is far superior than Tony Romo and he must be the problem. Correct? By saying a good QB could have accomplished more, you are saying Tony Romo is a bad one. And if he is a bad QB, on THIS team...than you are implying he is the reason for their "failures" because everyone around him is apparently not the reason judging by your "THIS team" statement.

Show me one single post where anyone said Romo was the sole reason!!!

Point proven...

Farmersfan
05-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Above, you say that ANY average QB could take THIS team to the second round. Thus implying the team is far superior than Tony Romo and he must be the problem. Correct? By saying a good QB could have accomplished more, you are saying Tony Romo is a bad one. And if he is a bad QB, on THIS team...than you are implying he is the reason for their "failures" because everyone around him is apparently not the reason judging by your "THIS team" statement.

Point proven...

Wow! In what universe would your statement make sense?
Nothing of what you posted was what I said. Don't read between the lines to get the meaning you are looking for. The Cowboys as a team aren't perfect and have many weaknesses. But so does every single team in the NFL. A QB's ability to overcome those weaknesses is very important if they are going to win a title. Certain QB's have that ability and some do not. I personally beleive that Romo has shown for 4 years that he does not. If i'm proven wrong, I still win because the Cowboys will win a title with Romo as the QB. But if I'm right then you and many others will be made to look like morons because I am joined by 1000s of other Cowboy fans who have tried to tell you for several years now. After a 10 year career of glipses of brilliance but never getting over the hump, Romo will go down as just another average QB that put up good numbers on a talented team.

LE Dad
05-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Romo is garbage.. I'm happy the cowgirls have him.. makes the turds that much less intimidating :clap: Not everyone can have a "dog killer" at QB.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BILLYFRED0000
05-04-2010, 03:36 PM
I believe that anybody who says Romo cannot play qb in the nfl is nuts. His record speaks for itself. The cowboys have problems in how they manage the team. Anybody remember TO pacman and the like. Losers all. I think Romo is just lucky to have done as well as he has. The line has not been great but good and the backs the same. People forget that Roger had the dooms day defense and troy had emmitt Mike and that line and a good defense. The teams tony have had just have not been that solid all round. Maybe this year they will show us something. But I believe the line still has to prove up and the d has to step up a little more to make the team great. If that happens they will make it to the dance. Romo will not be the problem.

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Romo is garbage.. I'm happy the cowgirls have him.. makes the turds that much less intimidating :clap:

Seeing as he is 5-3 with a 1-0 in playoffs record agianst Philly I guess he is a little intmidating to em

Farmersfan
05-04-2010, 03:39 PM
So by your account Dallas has basically been a revolving door at everything but the QB position yet Romo still has a career passer rating of 95. Is 38-17 as a starter won two division crowns and is in the top 4 in yards, TDS and passing %

So IMO it shows his worth to keep putting up those numbers with so many "new' players coming and going

I never said the "revolving door" was with worst players. This team has improved talent wise every single year of Romo's career and they were top 5 in 06' in talent in the NFL! The ONLY position that hasn't improved on this team since 06' is the QB position! Make of it what you will.

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2010, 03:44 PM
I never said the "revolving door" was with worst players. This team has improved talent wise every single year of Romo's career and they were top 5 in 06' in talent in the NFL! The ONLY position that hasn't improved on this team since 06' is the QB position! Make of it what you will.

again you with that blanket statement of they had top talent in 2006..You just continue to come up with these statements about their talent with no proof..why did that "top talent" go

2004 6-10
2005 9-7
2006 9-7( 1-2 when Romo was not starter)

So basically the "top" talent without Romo is a 9-7 ish team

The top talent with Romo becomes a 10 or more win team...so again..you want to replace the guy

BILLYFRED0000
05-04-2010, 03:47 PM
again you with that blanket statement of they had top talent in 2006..You just continue to come up with these statements about their talent with no proof..why did that "top talent" go

2004 6-10
2005 9-7

The top talent with Romo becomes a 10 or more win team...so again..you want to replace the guy
Now don't be throwin facts at these guys. They all need a reincarnation of Roger or Troy or it just aint a qb.

Ranger Mom
05-04-2010, 03:48 PM
I like the guy!!

Sometimes I wanna throw stuff at him, but I feel that way about my husband at times too.....I still like him though!!:)

waterboy
05-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I like the guy!!

Sometimes I wanna throw stuff at him, but I feel that way about my husband at times too.....I still like him though!!:)
:clap: :clap: :D

That's the way I feel about Romo, too. I still feel that he doesn't have the TEAM around him for him to be at his best. I think with a couple of really good O-linemen, a consistent running game, and a couple of sure-handed receivers that can actually get open consistently he'll be a top-5 caliber QB for sure........but like you say, he will still make those occasional bonehead mistakes that'll make you "wanna throw stuff at him", but the blame should be spread around to the players around just as much as to him, in my opinion.

Txbroadcaster
05-04-2010, 04:35 PM
I still win because the Cowboys will win a title with Romo as the QB. But if I'm right then you and many others will be made to look like morons because I am joined by 1000s of other Cowboy fans who have tried to tell you for several years now. After a 10 year career of glipses of brilliance but never getting over the hump, Romo will go down as just another average QB that put up good numbers on a talented team.

this is the problem right here..I DONT judge a qb by titles..to many factors go into a team winning a SB and the QB is just one factor( even if the experts like to rate QBs by titles I dont).

If Romo does not win a SB but continues to put up good numbers I am not going to say he is a failure..Just like I wont say a QB who wins one SB like Trent Dilfer is an awesome QB because they simply won a title again to many things go into a team winning a SB than just the QB

crzyjournalist03
05-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Q: What do Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Mark Sanchez, Donovan McNabb, Carson Palmer, Kurt Warner, Philip Rivers, Joe Flacco and Tom Brady all have in common?

A: All were quarterbacks on playoff teams last year who committed more turnovers than Tony Romo.

Pick6
05-04-2010, 04:37 PM
this is the problem right here..I DONT judge a qb by titles..to many factors go into a team winning a SB and the QB is just one factor( even if the experts like to rate QBs by titles I dont).

If Romo does not win a SB but continues to put up good numbers I am not going to say he is a failure..Just like I wont say a QB who wins one SB like Trent Dilfer is an awesome QB because they simply won a title again to many things go into a team winning a SB than just the QB

TXB, in his mind Dilfer > Marino.

sinton66
05-04-2010, 05:43 PM
It really doesn't matter if any fan likes or hates Romo. It's Jerry's call and his money. I doubt our "opinions" will affect Jerry's one way or the other.

coach
05-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
It really doesn't matter if any fan likes or hates Romo. It's Jerry's call and his money. I doubt our "opinions" will affect Jerry's one way or the other.

we should get him to join

coach
05-04-2010, 06:17 PM
you guys just dont get it....

DU_stud04
05-04-2010, 07:42 PM
people jump on and off the romo train more than any i know. made this picture to make fun of them this past season
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww346/Jstang56/confusedbutters.jpg

SintonFan
05-04-2010, 08:21 PM

I see you used that whole "divide and conquer" attitude.:p

Farmersfan
05-05-2010, 09:23 AM

2004 6-10
2005 9-7

Even though your numbers are off you still prove my point. The top talent on this team was 9-7 without Romo in 05'. Romo started 11 games in 06' and went 6-5. They added more talent and went 13-3 in 07' with a first round collapse! They added still more talent and Romo got his big contract and the team went 9-7 and missed the playoffs completely in 08'. They added still more upgraded talent to many positions and the team went 11-5 with a second round collapse. Perhaps another several years of continued talent gathering they will finally get enough around him that he can get it done.
But where Romo does lead the league is in comments about how "If something in sports is the worst thing that ever happens to you, you've lived a pretty good life"!

Farmersfan
05-05-2010, 09:34 AM

There have been a lot of GREAT QB's that didn't even sniff a title in the history of the NFL. I also don't judge QB's by how many titles they have. I judge QB's by what they accomplish with the team they have around them. That's what some of you don't get! Romo has been surrounded by one of the most talented teams in the league since he took over. Of course some of you can't acknowledge that fact or you would be forced to re-evaluate your opinion of him. But that is a FACT! Danny White was a very good QB who never had a top talented team around him. I never thought poorly of Danny White.
Romo was on this team for 4 years and could not even sniff the backup role and most of the time he wasn't even 3rd on the depth chart. Hell, if Quincy doesn't test positive Romo was cut by Parcels. Romo couldn't even get playing time until they added some much talent to the roster that any average QB would be able to have some success. You guys blame every single little weakness on the team and give Romo a pass. but you really need to look a little deeper.............. just my opinion though!

LE Dad
05-05-2010, 09:38 AM
"If something in sports is the worst thing that ever happens to you, you've lived a pretty good life"! What is wrong with that? It is just a game afterall.:thinking:

Bullaholic
05-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
What is wrong with that? It is just a game afterall.:thinking:

When you are given a $69mil contract, it becomes a business--not a game. I don't think Romo is motivated to play each week by his "love of the game". There are probably a few players in the NFL who would play each week for nothing---Favre and Ray Lewis come to mind---but I don't think Tony Romo falls into this category.

PappaBear
05-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Romo was a miricle!!!

Farmersfan
05-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
What is wrong with that? It is just a game afterall.:thinking:

Many people believe (myself included) that winning at any level requires a committment that comes from a desire or motivation from the heart and not the wallet. If you don't have a strong motivation to win then I certainly don't think you will win. When two equally talented individuals meet on a competitive level the one with the most motivation will almost always win. The Cowboys meet other very talented teams in the playoffs so the motivation factor will determine the winner. I don't see it kicking in with Romo's leadership.

Bullaholic
05-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Many people believe (myself included) that winning at any level requires a committment that comes from a desire or motivation from the heart and not the wallet. If you don't have a strong motivation to win then I certainly don't think you will win. When two equally talented individuals meet on a competitive level the one with the most motivation will almost always win. The Cowboys meet other very talented teams in the playoffs so the motivation factor will determine the winner. I don't see it kicking in with Romo's leadership.

At last we agree, Farmer....I am "old school" and insist on dedication, max effort, and commitment from athletes that I give my respect. King Leonidas from "300" is an extreme example of my kind of hero.

Emerson1
05-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Show me one single post where anyone said Romo was the sole reason!!!!!

That's what some of you don't get! Romo has been surrounded by one of the most talented teams in the league since he took over.

Romo will go down as just another average QB that put up good numbers on a talented team.

You are a walking contradiction

greenhornet
05-05-2010, 10:28 AM
There are at least 22 teams in the NFL that would love to have Romo!

If you look at his career stats that number could easily be higher. QB's get too much credit n too much blame!

If you call last year's Viking game a Romo collapse you are blind! That may be the worst performance I have ever seen by an O-line and this worries me greatly that Jones thinks they will be fine going into this year with the same O-line that finished that game.

Txbroadcaster
05-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Even though your numbers are off you still prove my point. The top talent on this team was 9-7 without Romo in 05'. Romo started 11 games in 06' and went 6-5. They added more talent and went 13-3 in 07' with a first round collapse! They added still more talent and Romo got his big contract and the team went 9-7 and missed the playoffs completely in 08'. They added still more upgraded talent to many positions and the team went 11-5 with a second round collapse. Perhaps another several years of continued talent gathering they will finally get enough around him that he can get it done.
But where Romo does lead the league is in comments about how "If something in sports is the worst thing that ever happens to you, you've lived a pretty good life"!

See how you word it? every play off loss was a COLLAPSE to you..that word might be useable in the Giants loss( even though the Giants winning the SB softens that)..I dont think the Minnesota loss was a COLLAPSE...they were simply BEAT..on the road agianst a higher seeded team.

You mention the 9-7 year..Romo was 8-5 that year..but hey I guess it his fault he got hurt and missed 3 games were Dallas went 1-2 including losing to the lowly Rams..but wait.

IF DALLAS HAS SUCH SUPERIOR TALENT THEY SHOULD HAVE BEAT THE RAMS WITH EASE WITHOUT ROMO

And wow you quote him on something HE HIMSELF has said was the wrong thing to say

I will say it again..your the type of fan that HAS TO HAVE A FALLGUY when your team loses. You cant simply say well our team got beat better/hotter/playing better at the moment team. You think there is ALWAYS someone who is at fault

LE Dad
05-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Many people believe (myself included) that winning at any level requires a committment that comes from a desire or motivation from the heart and not the wallet. If you don't have a strong motivation to win then I certainly don't think you will win. When two equally talented individuals meet on a competitive level the one with the most motivation will almost always win. The Cowboys meet other very talented teams in the playoffs so the motivation factor will determine the winner. I don't see it kicking in with Romo's leadership. I don't see that comment as a lack of motivation. I see that as someone who can accept that he cannot win every single game and does not dwell on his teams failure to win one game. Sounds like a good response if someone is beating a dead horse.
If you lost it is just a game, get over it and concentrate on what is important the next one. That holds true from Pee Wee to the NFL.

greenhornet
05-05-2010, 01:10 PM
See how you word it? every play off loss was a COLLAPSE to you..that word might be useable in the Giants loss( even though the Giants winning the SB softens that)..I dont think the Minnesota loss was a COLLAPSE...they were simply BEAT..on the road agianst a higher seeded team

It also gets forgotten/overlooked that Crayton should have been the dog of that Giants game. His blatant drop over the middle was the turning point, but it never gets brought up.

Txbroadcaster
05-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by greenhornet
It also gets forgotten/overlooked that Crayton should have been the dog of that Giants game. His blatant drop over the middle was the turning point, but it never gets brought up.

it does with alot of fans..worse than the drop was the 2nd to last play in the game when Crayton stopped running on a route that would have been the game winner

Macarthur
05-05-2010, 04:26 PM
The amount of grief that Romo gets is frankly quite amazing.

The guy has done nothing but play well for this franchise and win games. You know, only one team is able to win it all each year. By that definition, many of you think everyother team in the league was a failure. And can we give the kid some time to let his career play out? The fact is he has gotten better each year. Last year he had an amazing year and drastically cut down on his turnovers.

And everyone seems to conveniently forget that the dude was a freaking undrafted free agent!

One more thing, while he is a little goofy at times, would you rather him have the off the field issues of Rothlisberger? The guy is a great citizen in the community and does tons of charity work here in the metroplex. You Cowboy fans need to realize that we are very fortunate to have him and we better appreciate it, or the football gods wil curse us with another Quincy.

eagles_victory
05-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Poor dead horse.

Bullaholic
05-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Poor dead horse.

That poor dead horse will magically come to life shortly after July 31, ev....:D

Mpiratefan_2009
05-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Yall are right we could always go back to Drew Bledsoe, Chad Hutchinson, Quincy Carter, Ryan Leaf, Vinny Testaverde, Brad Johnson, etc.... If you think the Cowboys are in some kind of disadvantage having Romo as QB, you need to try to remember life without him. It was never a worry because Troy Aikman was a staple in the offense for 12 years! Now we have went through numerous QB's and everyone is upset with Romo. Just think of life before Romo!!

SintonFan
05-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
The amount of grief that Romo gets is frankly quite amazing.

The guy has done nothing but play well for this franchise and win games. You know, only one team is able to win it all each year. By that definition, every other team in the league was a failure. And can we give the kid some time to let his career play out? The fact is he has gotten better each year. Last year he had an amazing year and drastically cut down on his turnovers.

And everyone seems to conveniently forget that the dude was a freaking undrafted free agent!

One more thing, while he is a little goofy at times, would you rather him have the off the field issues of Rothlisberger? The guy is a great citizen in the community and does tons of charity work here in the metroplex. You Cowboy fans need to realize that we are very fortunate to have him and we better appreciate it, or the football gods wil curse us with another Quincy.

That was beautiful Mac. :clap: