PDA

View Full Version : Mosley-Mayweather

PPSTATEBOUND
04-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Who's watching?
Who ya got and why.

Prolly wont watch..just a poor guy.....but

Mosley in 8 by TKO....to much chin, power, and all out wars under his belt.... not to mention level of competition.:)

Ex-Tiger2005
04-30-2010, 01:03 PM
mayweather...with the decision. Big time performer under the big lights...

DDBooger
04-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Mosley by a decision.

the genious
04-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
mayweather...with the decision. Big time performer under the big lights...

Maywether big time!!! way 2 fast for mosley. Mosley is talkin mess for the first time in his career and i see it throwing his game off maywether is the king of trash talk and it is playin right into his alley

forum_guy
04-30-2010, 02:52 PM
you guys are crazy, mayweather is going to break this cat down like he does everyone else

bandera7
04-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Mayweather takes him in 8

TheDOCTORdre
04-30-2010, 07:15 PM
not a mayweather fan but I hope he pulls it out tomorrow and hopefully his and pacmans camps are able to work out an agreement for a fight and then Pac can take PBF down

Pmoney
04-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Mosely 9th round KO...mayweather hasn't seen a talented boxer like Mosely

bandera7
04-30-2010, 08:16 PM
I am now of the opinion that the Mayweather-Pac problems was just to surround it with drama. Now Pacs camp is hoping Mayweather can pull it off and they can have the fight they always intended.

DU_stud04
04-30-2010, 08:50 PM
im a big fan of both mayweather and pacquiao. id rather see a mosley v pacquiao bout.

on to mayweather.... mosley is fast, pacquiao is fast, people always forget how truly fast mayweather is until they ring that bell and the fight starts.

what i want? 9th round ko mosley. mayweathers chin is finally going to be tested, not sure how many times, but he's going to get caught. what do i think is going to happen? mayweather by decision.

and bandara7, ive told you this before....but you're crazy to think mayweathers going to end mosley in 8.

injuredinmelee
05-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Mayweather knocks this cat out. Bring on the Paci/Mayweather fight!!!

DU_stud04
05-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Juggernaut56
i still say its freddy roaches way to stick it to the mayweather camp. both him and arum hate mayweather. mayweather comes out of retirement to get a paycheck because he's running out of cash, and of course he goes after the next cash cow for the biggest paycheck. i feel they are doing it to win the fight before the fight. mayweather usually wins "pre-fight" fights over his opponents, now pacquiaos camp has a foothold on him ($$$$) they are exploiting it. they are just trying to make him fight tough opponents for less money (sugar shane). finally someone is manipulating floyd for a change.

mayweather pacquiao fight=$$$$
mosley pacquiao= one of the greatest fights for fans. mosley would step toe to toe with pacquiao, and it would be amazing.

something i posted back in january on a boxing forum im on. originally said mayweather would fight the winner of mosley berto, berto dropped out because of the earthquakes back home in haiti, berto lost several family members in the tragedy.

TMer25
05-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Mayweather has dominated after the first 2 rounds

DDBooger
05-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Mayweather dominates

TMer25
05-01-2010, 11:24 PM
That wasnt even close

TheDOCTORdre
05-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Mosley looked good in tte 2nd but other than that Mayweather showed that the 2nd was a fluke round. Now the Pacman talks resume

BaseballUmp
05-01-2010, 11:27 PM
obody ever gets knocked out anymore...i guess watching all the mma then this you always expect a knockout

DDBooger
05-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Mayweather/Pacquia won't happen.

Z-RO
05-01-2010, 11:49 PM
I liked how at the end of the fight Shane was agreeing with Mayweather that if Pacman wanted the fight he should just take the tests. Seems like Mayweather isnt the only one who thinks this. :thinking:

bandera7
05-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Its common sense! Pac is avoiding superior testing for a reason....Mayweather looked like a machine tonight after the first two rounds. Mosley has a great chin and good competitive spirit but Mayweather is just too good.

DDBooger
05-02-2010, 12:52 AM
If it's the right thing to do, the commission should make it mandatory. Shane has been caught before, testing was a no-brainer.

eagles_victory
05-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
obody ever gets knocked out anymore...i guess watching all the mma then this you always expect a knockout With all due respect this is like saying there aren't any homeruns anymore in softball I guess we're all spoiled by baseball. MMA is much more knock out or submission prone by nature just because the setup. Not to mention Mayweather is a true boxer not a puncher but a boxer it is a style you either hate or if you are a true pureist you may love it. I oft compare it to high school basketball some people love Houston Yates up and down all over the place ball and some life the slow down game like a Ponder (although that is somewhat of a misconception) Point is everyone has their own style they like I guess. If you want to see balls to the wall non stop action order Juan Manuel Marquez and Diaz 2 on the 31st.

injuredinmelee
05-02-2010, 10:24 PM
I agreed with the old man having a stroke on camera announcer that pauses every 5th word for dramatic purposes I guess when he said if Mayweather had the mean streak of Thomas Hearn he would have knocked Mosley out. I would love to see him jump on someone after he stuns them. I generally dont like the overly cocky guys but Floyd backs it up every single time.

eagles_victory
05-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I agreed with the old man having a stroke on camera announcer that pauses every 5th word for dramatic purposes I guess when he said if Mayweather had the mean streak of Thomas Hearn he would have knocked Mosley out. I would love to see him jump on someone after he stuns them. I generally dont like the overly cocky guys but Floyd backs it up every single time. They need to replace him with Kellerman. He knows his stuff but he is just horrible giving interviews with all those pauses.

As far as Floyd goes I really wonder about how cocky he really is I mean I think he is a very cocky person but I think a lot of it is an attempt to market himself which seems to be working very well for him.

Third
05-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Did anyone actually think a 38-year old Mosley had a shot? Mayweather continues to be the Roy Jones Jr. of the modern day. He won't fight big name guys unless they are past their prime. It's going to catch up with him eventually.

eagles_victory
05-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Third
Did anyone actually think a 38-year old Mosley had a shot? Mayweather continues to be the Roy Jones Jr. of the modern day. He won't fight big name guys unless they are past their prime. It's going to catch up with him eventually. lol what is it going to be next time is the guy going to be too old or too small?

DUKE22
05-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
lol what is it going to be next time is the guy going to be too old or too small? I will give Floyd some respect on this one. Shane was the best fighter he could have fought at this time other than PACMAN. Floyd has ducked fighters, and everyone knows this. I think right now he is pound for pound the best. However if he wants to be considered the best ever he has to fight the best. Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Duran all fought each other. I will not put him in the league of those guys until he fights the best challengers out there. Handpicking Zab Judah, Ricky Hatton, Juan Manuel Marquez is not what the best ever does.

eagles_victory
05-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
I will give Floyd some respect on this one. Shane was the best fighter he could have fought at this time other than PACMAN. Floyd has ducked fighters, and everyone knows this. I think right now he is pound for pound the best. However if he wants to be considered the best ever he has to fight the best. Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Duran all fought each other. I will not put him in the league of those guys until he fights the best challengers out there. Handpicking Zab Judah, Ricky Hatton, Juan Manuel Marquez is not what the best ever does. Hatton was undefeated it was the best fight he could of made at the time. People look down on Hatton now because of how much Floyd dominated him and how Pacquio knocked him out but before the Mayweather fight that was a great fight for Mayweather to take.

DUKE22
05-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Hatton was undefeated it was the best fight he could of made at the time. People look down on Hatton now because of how much Floyd dominated him and how Pacquio knocked him out but before the Mayweather fight that was a great fight for Mayweather to take. No Hatton is overrated and he knew it would be a big fight because of the drunks that follow Hatton. Margarito or Paul Williams would have been tougher fights. Like I said Floyd earned a great deal of respect Saturday, I believe he is the best fighter in the world. However the best fighters at this time are between 140 and 160 pounds. He needs to fight them.

PPSTATEBOUND
05-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Great win for Mayweather..Mosely looked liked Mr. Roboto all night and paid dearly.

Third
05-03-2010, 01:41 PM
lol what is it going to be next time is the guy going to be too old or too small?

Tell me 38 is not ancient in boxing years.

eagles_victory
05-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Third
Tell me 38 is not ancient in boxing years. He just destoryed the great Margrito in his last fight at 37 at 4 to 1 odds in the best fight of his career.

Originally posted by DUKE22
No Hatton is overrated and he knew it would be a big fight because of the drunks that follow Hatton. Margarito or Paul Williams would have been tougher fights. Like I said Floyd earned a great deal of respect Saturday, I believe he is the best fighter in the world. However the best fighters at this time are between 140 and 160 pounds. He needs to fight them. My point exactly your talking about Floyd Mayweather he knew that fight was the fight to make money in and he took it. Funny how Margrito is a great fighter when it comes to Mayweather not fighting him but Shane Mosley who killed him in their last fight is way over the hill.