PDA

View Full Version : Never Sleep Again

maroonpirate04
04-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Heee's back our favorite horror icon is ready to do some real damage in our nightmares:eek: Can't wait to see Freddy again most of us will get the first glimpse at the first showing at midnight this evening. Got a busy weekend off this weekend heading to the Buc Days Parade to show my inner Pirate :D Sunday is the day going to watch Freddy can't wait:clap: :clap:

Emerson1
04-29-2010, 10:39 PM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/nightmare_on_elm_street_2010/

I think I'll pass. Was actually looking forward to it too

BreckTxLonghorn
04-30-2010, 09:17 AM
The critic I heard on the radio this morning described the new Freddy as a cross between 'Edward Scissorhands and a Benetton commercial'. So, that's intimidating...

PHS Wildcats
04-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Sucks!! I'll pass

Txbroadcaster
04-30-2010, 09:32 PM
We saw it..no it is not movie gold but it was solid..really loved the story and how it was different from original..really like how Haley portrayed Freddy....HATED the rest of the cast especially the young ones, they are what imo would ruin it for folks.

For me I ignored them as much as I could and just enjoyed the story and Haley

Z-RO
04-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Have heard nothing but bad things, I believe I am going to pass as well.

Maroon87
04-30-2010, 10:51 PM
The original was the only slasher flick that really scared the crap out of me. I truly didn't want to fall asleep the night I first saw it. I was the same age at the time as the teenage characters in the movie.

Johnny Depp getting liquefied while lounging on his waterbed was especially disturbing.:eek:

SintonFan
05-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
We saw it..no it is not movie gold but it was solid..really loved the story and how it was different from original..really like how Haley portrayed Freddy....HATED the rest of the cast especially the young ones, they are what imo would ruin it for folks.

For me I ignored them as much as I could and just enjoyed the story and Haley

Huh? Never thought of you as a romantic.:nerd:

Txbroadcaster
05-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Huh? Never thought of you as a romantic.:nerd:

lol romantic how?

SintonFan
05-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
The original was the only slasher flick that really scared the crap out of me.

I watched it at Cine 6 (or was it Man National)? It scared the crap out of me, too. Never before then and since had I looked up and down the aisle looking for a made-up killer set to kill me. :eek: :nerd: :doh:

SintonFan
05-01-2010, 12:06 AM
lol romantic how?

For me I ignored them as much as I could and just enjoyed the story

:nerd:

Maroon87
05-01-2010, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I watched it at Cine 6 (or was it Man National)? It scared the crap out of me, too. Never before then and since had I looked up and down the aisle looking for a made-up killer set to kill me. :eek: :nerd: :doh:

I saw it at the 5 Points Cinema when it was still brand new. It's been closed for awhile now...:(

maroonpirate04
05-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Haven't seen it until tomorrow, but the thing is disappointing is that Robert Englund didn't come back as the real Freddy, When they were in the process of remaking the film Robert had agreed to come back since he is the only one who understands the character. Wonder what happen :thinking: But since i'm a big Freddy fan gotta go see it

SintonFan_inAustin
05-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I saw it at the 5 Points Cinema when it was still brand new. It's been closed for awhile now...:( they open it during the summer only i think. Well i'm going to go and see it tonight, might not get some sleep next few nights if its like the orginal one!

Txbroadcaster
05-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Haven't seen it until tomorrow, but the thing is disappointing is that Robert Englund didn't come back as the real Freddy, When they were in the process of remaking the film Robert had agreed to come back since he is the only one who understands the character. Wonder what happen :thinking: But since i'm a big Freddy fan gotta go see it

I perosnally liked Haley as Freddy...he added a darker side..Englund( Who I LOVED as Freddy) became basically a one liner jokester

sTxforlife
05-02-2010, 01:32 PM
I thot it was actually a pretty good movie, i liked this guy as Freddy but no one can play him like robert englund

DDBooger
05-02-2010, 02:54 PM
I thought it was average to mediocre. I almost fell asleep at a movie where the premise is to not fall asleep. :rolleyes: :D

maroonpirate04
05-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Saw the film:) thought it was a great film, never trust the critics most of them don't know what a good film is. They usually pick the one's that are oscar worthy type that are boring:D :D That's why it better to view the film yourself and be the judge. But hey everyone is a critic. Haley really lived up to one of the most famous icon in horror movie history. It's true no one can't really replace Robert Englund he will always be real Freddy in our generation. It was odd to see Friday Nights Lights coach's wife play to play a mom in a horror film. Other than that it was one of the best remakes this decade

"Your mouth may say no, but your body says yes"-Freddy Kruger 2010

:D :D

garciap77
05-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I thought it was average to mediocre. I almost fell asleep at a movie where the premise is to not fall asleep. :rolleyes: :D

You must be getting old!:D

;)