PDA

View Full Version : Coach Phil Jackson to Leave Lakers?

Phil C
04-29-2010, 02:58 PM
The article below indicates his girlfriend thinks maybe so. Especially if the Lakers don't win again this year. He is a great coach and the only one to have ten NBA championships. The only think lacking is that he has never built up a team from scratch. He probably never will. He came to Chicago where the great Michael Jordan was already there and then he went to Los Angelas where Kobe Bryant was (and Shaq for a while) and then benefited by some obviously one sided trades and circumstances at LA. His girlfriend says he may go to Cleveland if they don't win it all and we know who is there. Thus the one answer is could he have built a great basketball team in the NBA from scratch. I think so but it is a question that will never be answered in certainty.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Could-Phil-Jackson-leave-the-Lakers-Jeanie-Buss;_ylt=AjqV8Cl43tLDtSD1OxX7kli8vLYF?urn=nba,237 663

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-29-2010, 03:05 PM
I could have 10 NBA Championships too if I had the same level of talent on my team. I think Rain Man could have done it, and he's a ruh-tard.

ziggy29
04-29-2010, 03:05 PM
I hope he leaves. I hate the Lakers.

Txbroadcaster
04-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I could have 10 NBA Championships too if I had the same level of talent on my team. I think Rain Man could have done it, and he's a ruh-tard.

name a coach that won multiple titles in any sport at the pro level without being loaded talent wise

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
name a coach that won multiple titles in any sport at the pro level without being loaded talent wise

Have you ever seen the movie Semi-Pro?

Phil C
04-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Tx is right in that a coach to win multiple NBA championships has to have great talent. In fact I think to even win one it takes some great talent.

Coach Red Auerback was the one whose 9 NBA championships Coach Phil Jackson broke. He came to the Celtics in 1950. The Celtics had been established in 1946 but had never had a winning season before he came. It took him several years before he started the dynasty in the late 50s to late 60s but he drafted wisely and got Bob Cousy, Bill Sharman and Bill Russell among others and built up the team. Unlike Coach Phil Coach Red had to build up the talent from basically scratch but man he did so and they had great talent and established a great dynasty.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Have you ever seen the movie Semi-Pro?

Remember , they only won 4th.

coach
04-29-2010, 06:48 PM

some would say wade phillips lol

Third
04-30-2010, 09:16 AM

They're saying without inheriting the talent but actually building it. Bill Billachek (sp?) and the Patriots come to mind. Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys. Coaches who made those teams, got the players via draft, trade, etc. and then won titles.

Phil went to Chicago with Jordan and Pippen already there. He didn't draft them.

Then he went to a Lakers team with Shaq and Kobe already there and won three titles.

His circumstances are that he's been able to win but with extraordinary talent around him that he wasn't responsible for acquiring.

Phil C
04-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Third
They're saying without inheriting the talent but actually building it. Bill Billachek (sp?) and the Patriots come to mind. Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys. Coaches who made those teams, got the players via draft, trade, etc. and then won titles.

Phil went to Chicago with Jordan and Pippen already there. He didn't draft them.

Then he went to a Lakers team with Shaq and Kobe already there and won three titles.

His circumstances are that he's been able to win but with extraordinary talent around him that he wasn't responsible for acquiring.

Maybe if he wants to leave LA he should also consider Dallas. They have lots of talent but don't get it done in playoffs.