PDA

View Full Version : Going to see the astros tonight

Keith7
04-29-2010, 12:01 PM
It's my first game at Minute Maid Park, is it hard to sneak down to the good seats there?

big daddy russ
04-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Depends on the time of year. My wife and I had season tix in the nosebleeds last year. At the beginning of the year, they were Nazis about seating, but they got more lax as the season went on.

The best thing you can do is just go find the seats you want (they're always a little more lax down by the right field and left field foul lines--smaller attendance down there) and start walking down like you're supposed to be there. If they kick you back to your seat, oh well. It only happened twice to us, and both times were during opening week.

Keith7
04-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the input. I've perfected the art of sneaking down at Rangers games, didn't know if it would be more difficult or not for the astros.

jdawg2012
04-29-2010, 12:22 PM
It's actually not hard at all. I did it Sunday and nobody even took a second look at me. It will be really easy tonight because weeknight attendance is really low this early in the season and nobody will care.

BwdLion73
04-29-2010, 12:27 PM
I usually walk in backwards....they think I'm leaving and pay me no mind.

Bull's-eye
04-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
It's my first game at Minute Maid Park, is it hard to sneak down to the good seats there?

Not too hard, but stay away from the diamond boxes. Most of the ushers know everybody in that section by name.