PDA

View Full Version : Myron Rolle slipped in the NFL draft due to his lack of "Committment to football"

big daddy russ
04-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Did he get arrested? Start selling drugs instead of focusing on his teammates?

Find out here (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/04/27/how-dare-nfl-teams-question-myron-rolles-commitment-to-football/?icid=main|hp-laptop|dl8|link3|http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/04/27/how-dare-nfl-teams-question-myron-rolles-commitment-to-football/).

BreckTxLonghorn
04-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Read this yesterday. Titans got a steal. Sad mindset the execs have now.

ziggy29
04-29-2010, 11:24 AM
The NFL claims to be concerned about character issues after so many recent incidents of Athletes Behaving Badly. And here we have a gentleman of obvious high character, intellect and talent; someone who should be the ultimate example of what "student-athlete" should mean. And the NFL -- the image-conscious league that is supposedly trying to crack down on thuggery and immoral behavior -- sends a statement that you're more likely to be drafted if you're a rapist or killed someone as a drunk driver -- as long as there's nothing other than football in your life and future.

Txbroadcaster
04-29-2010, 11:44 AM
while some might be worried about his commitment, it is not like he was a 1st round talent that dropped..if none were worried about his love for football then he would have prob gone about round 4..so it is not like he was some cant miss stud who dropped 6 rounds

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Well, now I certainly see where some of you get your political views. Doesn't this sound a little extreme? Possibly embellished?

PPSTATEBOUND
04-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Read this yesterday. Titans got a steal. Sad mindset the execs have now.

Titans got a steal......Boy howdy I like the sound of that....:)

big daddy russ
04-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Well, now I certainly see where some of you get your political views. Doesn't this sound a little extreme? Possibly embellished?
If it was the only story I was reading, then possibly. But there were whispers of this long before the draft and the story linked a radio show that asked Rolle point blank about the incident.

Of course, if it turns out to be false I'll eat my words.

Gobbler Fan
04-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Was his mom a prostitue ?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
If it was the only story I was reading, then possibly. But there were whispers of this long before the draft and the story linked a radio show that asked Rolle point blank about the incident.

Of course, if it turns out to be false I'll eat my words.

I'll provide the salt, pepper, and other seasonings. Which reminds me, we should get together and barbecue and drink some beer. No reason in particular.

big daddy russ
04-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I'll provide the salt, pepper, and other seasonings. Which reminds me, we should get together and barbecue and drink some beer. No reason in particular.
Yes we do.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Yes we do.

And try to convince Booger to come down too. San Marcos isn't that far away.

DDBooger
04-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Summer plan, it's on!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Summer plan, it's on!

Let's do this for sure.

DDBooger
04-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Who has a boat? :D

I'm game. Hot sun, beer, and relaxing sounds so good rt now.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Who has a boat? :D

I'm game. Hot sun, beer, and relaxing sounds so good rt now.

I don't have a boat. But beer is a different story.

Daddy D 11
04-29-2010, 01:30 PM
better yet, ill come and we can do it in rockdale! haha

i'll bring the trashy thorndale tail:D