PDA

View Full Version : America: The Story Of Us

Matthew328
04-29-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm a history nut so take this with a grain of salt but I recorded it Sunday night and finally got around to watching it last night and wow....what an awesome job done by the History Channel, I HIGHLY recommend it.

NastySlot
04-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I'm a history nut so take this with a grain of salt but I recorded it Sunday night and finally got around to watching it last night and wow....what an awesome job done by the History Channel, I HIGHLY recommend it.

I missed it but my son called and told me it was a must watch ...he also told me that the series is available to all schools at no cost. Going to speak with our Liberian about.

ronwx5x
04-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Going to speak with our Liberian about.

You have foreigners at your school? You need to enquire if he/she is in our country leagally!

:p

NastySlot
04-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
You have foreigners at your school? You need to enquire if he/she is in our country leagally!

Librarian ...........sorry just typing and not paying attention.

Ex-Tiger2005
04-29-2010, 09:33 AM
i was so mad at myself for not recording this show...but i am glad i heard it is good cuz now i have to see it.

Reds fan
04-29-2010, 09:37 AM

Watched last week and plan to catch the entire series. I too thought it was very well done.

Pawdaddy
04-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

And see if he/she is in the American league or National league!

gatordaze
04-29-2010, 09:48 AM
It is really well done except for the fact they jumped from the Mayflower to the Revolutionary war and skipped about 1/3 of our history.

Matthew328
04-29-2010, 10:15 AM
That was curious LOL..I think it replays during the week for those who did not record it.

Blastoderm55
04-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Outstanding first episode. I like the focus on lesser-known Americans who helped shape our democracy.

Gobbler Fan
04-29-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm a history buff myself and thought the first episode was outstanding ...Our family Vacation in June is an East Coast swing of Washington D.C. , Philadelphia , and New York and I hope to see alot of places that were shown or are going to be shown in the upcoming episodes .:clap:

Additup
04-29-2010, 08:08 PM
I think "How the States Got Their Shapes" is even better...I always thought Davy Crockett was born in the state of Tennessee. Didn't even know there was a state called Franklin (or Jefferson or Deseret)

Matthew328
04-29-2010, 08:19 PM
DC is awesome

wildstangs
04-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Great show....was being showed to our 8th graders for taks review yesterday so I got to watch it again.

Phil C
05-24-2010, 09:31 PM
I finally watched it Sunday night and also got to watch two other episodes. The good thing about it is that being a documentary you can start watching it at any point. I think this coming weekend you will be able to watch all episodes except the first one. I will be recording and at my set needless to say.

Phil C
05-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I finally watched it Sunday night and also got to watch two other episodes. The good thing about it is that being a documentary you can start watching it at any point. I think this coming weekend you will be able to watch all episodes except the first one. I will be recording and at my set needless to say.

I double checked the history channel schedule and you can see all the episodes this weekend starting at 7 P.M. this Friday night. Consult your tv guide for the times you want to watch because you have several chances on the episodes. The series concludes with the final two on Memorial Day at 8 to 10 P.M. Enjoy.

maroogreen
05-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I missed it but my son called and told me it was a must watch ...he also told me that the series is available to all schools at no cost. Going to speak with our Liberian about.

Here is the link you can pass to your librarian...or your Liberian, whichever.

http://classroom.history.com/america-dvd/event/form

Old Green
05-24-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm a History Buff also. I watch the series everytime it plays.

IrishTex
05-24-2010, 10:39 PM

The place that I work sponsors it.

Old Cardinal
05-25-2010, 12:44 PM
I enjoyed the era of the Revolution!

For the first time this series pointed out how Daniel Morgan and the recruit-volunteers from west of the Cumberland and other western areas poured in and took out the fight in the British; via bravery and the use of the long-guns with rifling to decimate the British Leadership, etc:.