PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Giddings Football - Is It Over?

Milk That Cow
04-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Facts say we have just witnessed The Greatest Football Run in Giddings High School History...

The Talent and Results this past decade have totally changed and transformed the entire community into a football town...

After witnessing all the turmoil on and off the field this past year and offseason...

I'm sadly calling it now...

The domination will be no more...

It's Over...

I mean the boys track team came in dead last place in district...

Probably the worst performing track team in forever, and that's been the most consistent championship producing sport by far in the modern era of Buffalo Athletics...

The heart will be there next year...

The results won't....

And this coaching staff has divided the community...

Hopefully I'm proven wrong...

But, playoffs and a winning season will be "very" hard to attain...

just my humble opinion...

TRENCHES06
04-28-2010, 11:04 PM
2 Predictions:

1)Giddings will make the playoffs

2) They'll finish third behind La Grange

Gobbla2001
04-28-2010, 11:06 PM
I tell you what has really divided that community: that castle you Giddings folk call your new fire-station...

I like how there's a few old run-down houses behind it... I bet those residents are full of joy knowing that even though they're broke, their property/city taxes helped fund a palace to park fire-engines in...

buff4life
04-29-2010, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I tell you what has really divided that community: that castle you Giddings folk call your new fire-station...

I like how there's a few old run-down houses behind it... I bet those residents are full of joy knowing that even though they're broke, their property/city taxes helped fund a palace to park fire-engines in...

haha ain't that the truth

FbCoachB40
04-29-2010, 10:23 AM
The issue with Giddings track team was not due to a lack of talent...It is due to the fact that none of the "talent" was willing to run on the relays.

Reds fan
04-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Facts say we have just witnessed The Greatest Football Run in Giddings High School History...

The Talent and Results this past decade have totally changed and transformed the entire community into a football town...

After witnessing all the turmoil on and off the field this past year and offseason...

I'm sadly calling it now...

The domination will be no more...

It's Over...

I mean the boys track team came in dead last place in district...

Probably the worst performing track team in forever, and that's been the most consistent championship producing sport by far in the modern era of Buffalo Athletics...

The heart will be there next year...

The results won't....

And this coaching staff has divided the community...

Hopefully I'm proven wrong...

But, playoffs and a winning season will be "very" hard to attain...

just my humble opinion...

:thinking:

I'm hoping the folks can over come the divisions...for the sake of the kids. But I kinda agree, the whole Dobie thing was a mess...

PPSTATEBOUND
04-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
The issue with Giddings track team was not due to a lack of talent...It is due to the fact that none of the "talent" was willing to run on the relays.

Just hate it when that happens. Witnessed that alot the the last few years in PP. This year the new track coach has got them running again. Great guy.