PDA

View Full Version : Run Ricky Run

Keith7
04-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Did anyone see the Ricky Williams 30 for 30 last night? I thought it was one of the better 30 for 30s yet and that's saying something. Very interesting guy.

I couldn't get over the fact that in one of his interviews he had some food in his beard and he wouldn't get it off so every time they showed the interview there was a big crumb in his beard next to his mouth

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Did anyone see the Ricky Williams 30 for 30 last night? I thought it was one of the better 30 for 30s yet and that's saying something. Very interesting guy.

I couldn't get over the fact that in one of his interviews he had some food in his beard and he wouldn't get it off so every time they showed the interview there was a big crumb in his beard next to his mouth I think this is the nicest thing you've ever said about anything or anyone related to UT football. LOL

Keith7
04-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I think this is the nicest thing you've ever said about anything or anyone related to UT football. LOL

He's the only ut player I'll ever like and it's because this 30 for 30

Daddy D 11
04-28-2010, 09:28 PM
ricky cracked me up

turbostud
04-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Its kind of ironic how all the media, mainly ESPN, roasted him a couple of years ago for his drug use and when he quit football, and now ESPN is doing a story on him.

he's one of those people who just want to be left alone. Everyone has days like that, he just has them everyday.

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Its kind of ironic how all the media, mainly ESPN, roasted him a couple of years ago for his drug use and when he quit football, and now ESPN is doing a story on him. good point. Bury him, then resurrect him.

Keith7
04-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Yea it was weird.. I thought the director did a good job showing both the good, the bad and the confusing sides of Williams.

turbostud
04-28-2010, 09:39 PM
No matter how weird he is, I have more respect for a guy like that, than showboat athletes like OchoCinco, TO, etc.. Its too bad ESPN didnt.

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 09:43 PM
No matter how weird he is, I have more respect for a guy like that, than showboat athletes like OchoCinco, TO, etc.. Its too bad ESPN didnt. He did seem humble, he admitted his immaturity. He's still with the Dolphins correct?

Daddy D 11
04-28-2010, 09:47 PM
He did seem humble, he admitted his immaturity. He's still with the Dolphins correct?

yeah i think so, atleast he was last year?

coach
04-28-2010, 09:50 PM
No matter how weird he is, I have more respect for a guy like that, than showboat athletes like OchoCinco, TO, etc.. Its too bad ESPN didnt.

actually ochocinco is a great guy...never been in trouble and likes to have fun on the field.

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by coach
actually ochocinco is a great guy...never been in trouble and likes to have fun on the field. Crazy enough neither has T.O.

I thnk Ochocinco is much better teammate than T.O., but neither have been discipline problems with regards to the law. At worst Ochocinco is a distraction. At worst, T.O. will rip your locker room apart.

Txbroadcaster
04-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Crazy enough neither has T.O.

I thnk Ochocinco is much better teammate than T.O., but neither have been discipline problems with regards to the law. At worst Ochocinco is a distraction. At worst, T.O. will rip your locker room apart.

there is a LARGE subset of fans who would take a player like Michael Irvin who though broke the law but was a "great teamate" who played the game correctly over someone like TO or Ocho who has NEVER been in trouble but is not percieved as good teammates

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
there is a LARGE subset of fans who would take a player like Michael Irvin who though broke the law but was a "great teamate" who played the game correctly over someone like TO or Ocho who has NEVER been in trouble but is not percieved as good teammates This is true.

Keith7
04-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Wasn't it Irvin who invented the first down celebration?

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Wasn't it Irvin who invented the first down celebration? No, wasn't it an Oiler who did that thing with his knees?

LE Dad
04-28-2010, 10:20 PM
He did seem humble, he admitted his immaturity. He's still with the Dolphins correct? Yes, Ricky is still with the Dolphins. Supposedly, he is only 900 yds away from becoming their all time leading rusher.

Keith7
04-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Ricky is cool because he does what makes him happy..

STANG RED
04-29-2010, 12:43 AM
No, wasn't it an Oiler who did that thing with his knees?

Billy (white shoes) Johnson. But i dont remember ever seeing him do it for a first down.

eagles_victory
04-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Ocho isnt really a bad teammate. I think he gets grouped with T.O. because of their similar traits and people always act like he rips his locker room apart like they say T.O. does but if you think about it there aren't too many incidents of him doing something all that bad.

FbCoachB40
04-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Ocho is a great guy! He just knows what to do to get extra air time on ESPN. He is a fantastic teammate. Ask Carson Palmer, they are best friends, and know each other like no other NFL teammates I have ever seen

There was a game show that ESPN did not to long ago where they brought on teammates to answer questions about each other like teh newlywed game. Cinco and Carson Palmer destroyed everyone...wasn't even close.

I also remember Cinco all broke up over the death of his teammate last year...He couldn't even talk

Additup
05-01-2010, 05:22 AM
I thought it was depressing...but maybe that's what was intend - Feel his depression, despiration and searching.
The best 30 on 30 is THE U. Jimmy the Greek, the USFL, and the band without a team were pretty interesting too.

Maroon87
05-01-2010, 10:15 AM
I liked all of the 30 for 30's so far. Ricky definitely marches to his own beat, which in a way is very refreshing in these times.

Keith7
05-01-2010, 12:04 PM
The U was good for about 45 minutes but the other 45 minutes was useless.

The whole time I was watching the jimmy the greek 30 for 30 I kept thinking, "why are they doing this documentary over this guy," I still don't see the significance. There are 100000 people with a better story.

The fantasy baseball one was interesting but seemed like it would probably be only good to people who like fantasy baseball.

The best 30 for 30 to me is run ricky run or the Iverson story. Both showed the story of troubled athletes but from different perspectives. Showed sides the average fan would never know about these athletes and told a great story in the process.

TheDOCTORdre
05-01-2010, 01:02 PM
I enjoyed Reggie Miller vs the NY Knicks

Additup
05-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Iverson, Len bias and Hank gathers were good too. Never saw Miller...ill watch for it.

Phil C
05-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Run Ricky Run will be shown again on ESPN2 on Thursday (May 6, 2010) at 7 P.M.

Txbroadcaster
05-02-2010, 04:40 PM
The U was good for about 45 minutes but the other 45 minutes was useless.

The whole time I was watching the jimmy the greek 30 for 30 I kept thinking, "why are they doing this documentary over this guy," I still don't see the significance. There are 100000 people with a better story.

The fantasy baseball one was interesting but seemed like it would probably be only good to people who like fantasy baseball.

The best 30 for 30 to me is run ricky run or the Iverson story. Both showed the story of troubled athletes but from different perspectives. Showed sides the average fan would never know about these athletes and told a great story in the process.

ur to young to remember before Jimmy the Greek there was no talk about the line of a game..he brought the betting out from the shadows.
plus the firestorm over the Greek's comments was HUGE

crzyjournalist03
05-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Caught this on yesterday afternoon and was absolutely mesmerized. One of the most entertaining documentaries I've seen in a long time.