PDA

View Full Version : Let me see if i got this right

Pick6
04-28-2010, 02:08 PM
LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT:

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE US. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET:

* A JOB,
* A DRIVERS LICENSE,
* SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
* WELFARE,
* FOOD STAMPS,
* CREDIT CARDS,
* SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
* FREE EDUCATION,
* FREE HEALTH CARE,
* A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
* BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
* THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRYS FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DONT GET ENOUGH RESPECT
* AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION

LE Dad
04-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Pick6

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

* A JOB,
* A DRIVERS LICENSE,
* SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
* WELFARE,
* FOOD STAMPS,
* CREDIT CARDS,
* FREE EDUCATION,
* FREE HEALTH CARE,
* THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRYS FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DONT GET ENOUGH RESPECT

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION I am sure that you missed something, but with a list that long I am not for sure what.:thinking:

waterboy
04-28-2010, 02:21 PM
:wave:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

piratebg
04-28-2010, 02:21 PM

* A JOB,
* A DRIVERS LICENSE,
* SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
* WELFARE,
* FOOD STAMPS,
* CREDIT CARDS,
* FREE EDUCATION,
* FREE HEALTH CARE,

Looks about right to me.

Looking4number8
04-28-2010, 02:22 PM
That may be true, but I still prefer our system over any of the other goverments mentioned! I think I will stick it out here and just keep on paying my taxes and be thankfull!

Bullaholic
04-28-2010, 02:24 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/04/28/arizona.immigration/index.html?hpt=C1

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 02:26 PM
LOL Cause those countries and America are comparable. Let me find dictatorial nations ran by terrible regimes and compare them to the U.S. :rolleyes:

big daddy russ
04-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Let me see if I've got this right:

North Korea- Communist Dictatorship
Iran- Theocracy (Islamic Republic)
Afghanistan- Theocracy, if anything (Islamic Republic)
Saudi Arabia- Religious Monarchy
China- Communist Republic
Venezuela- Federal Democracy (with a huge centralization of power in the Executive Branch... A constitution that is barely a decade old, pushed through by President Hugo Chavez, which increased Presidential terms to six years with no term limits)
Cuba- Communist Dictatorship

Just figured I'd point that out as the models of government we're trying to follow in this example.

pirate4state
04-28-2010, 02:40 PM
HaHa :D

Pick6
04-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I'm hoping you found the humor in it that I did.

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 02:44 PM
I wish all people could enjoy the freedoms I enjoy on a daily basis.

I also wish we all could get along and countries like Iran, Cuba and North Korea were friendly places to visit.

However....I do not see this happening in my lifetime. So until then I will be a proud Texan, who shuns people who hire illegal aliens for cheap, who allow our fellow Americans to be fear mongered into letting them cross through their land and I will cuss (under my breath) at the ignorant dogmatic narrow minded buffoons who sit in their offices in Virginia and D.C. collecting votes and money from the things they swear to protect us against. :mad: :mad:

pirate4state
I'm hoping you found the humor in it that I did. Probably not. I find humor in the fact that yall like to beat yalls heads up against the same wall daily. :)

DDBooger
I'm hoping you found the humor in it that I did. Knowing P4S, she's likely laughing at you, not with you! :D

She's wicked! :devil: LOL

Keith7
04-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Let me see if I've got this right:

North Korea- Communist Dictatorship
Iran- Theocracy (Islamic Republic)
Afghanistan- Theocracy, if anything (Islamic Republic)
Saudi Arabia- Religious Monarchy
China- Communist Republic
Venezuela- Federal Democracy (with a huge centralization of power in the Executive Branch... A constitution that is barely a decade old, pushed through by President Hugo Chavez, which increased Presidential terms to six years with no term limits)
Cuba- Communist Dictatorship

Just figured I'd point that out as the models of government we're trying to follow in this example.

I think we should send the conservatives to these countries so they can finally have their way! :clap: :clap:

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I will cuss (under my breath) at the ignorant dogmatic narrow minded buffoons who sit in their offices in Virginia and D.C. collecting votes and money from the things they swear to protect us against. :mad: :mad:

Like being rounded up for Color! right on buddy!

Pick6
Originally posted by DDBooger

She's wicked! :devil: LOL

Tell me something new

DDBooger
Originally posted by Keith7
I think we should send the conservatives to these countries so they can finally have their way! :clap: :clap: Or Somalia, great Libertarian nation! :D

Pick6
04-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Or Somalia, great Libertarian nation! :D

Somalia, the country where Clinton left our soldiers, right :D

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Somalia, the country where Clinton left our soldiers, right :D At the behest of a Republican congress (and specifically and coincidentally John McCain speaking for leaving).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8TFKXHiefs

Don't forget the nearly 300 dead Marines left dead in Lebanon. Who was President for that one? :thinking:

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Like being rounded up for Color! right on buddy! Not what I was getting at but yeah...it happens...

Pick6
04-28-2010, 02:51 PM
At the behest of a Republican congress (and specifically and coincidentally John McCain speaking for leaving).

Don't forget the nearly 300 dead Marines left dead in Lebanon. Who was President for that one? :thinking:

We can go back and forth, how about the one's killed in the African Embassy and your president didn't do anything about that.

DDBooger
Not what I was getting at but yeah...it happens... ;)

NateDawg39
At the behest of a Republican congress (and specifically and coincidentally John McCain speaking for leaving).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8TFKXHiefs

Don't forget the nearly 300 dead Marines left dead in Lebanon. Who was President for that one? :thinking: A democrat in disguise :D

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 02:54 PM
We can go back and forth, how about the one's killed in the African Embassy and your president didn't do anything about that. Are you advocating the invasion of Kenya? LOL

Most anti-terror action occur of the presses and in places we don't speak of. Responding to terrorist acts with a blunt overwhelming force such as our military merely scatters the flies. What Obama has been doing in Pakistan is short of a miracle in it's success at cutting the heads off of Al Qaida. Their support is dwindling in Pakistan.

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 02:55 PM
A democrat in disguise :D Well, not recently, he'd have you believe he never considered himself a Maverick! haha Political survival does amazing things to honesty.

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Are you advocating the invasion of Kenya? LOL

Most anti-terror action occur of the presses and in places we don't speak of. Responding to terrorist acts with a blunt overwhelming force such as our military merely scatters the flies. What Obama has been doing in Pakistan is short of a miracle in it's success at cutting the heads off of Al Qaida. Their support is dwindling in Pakistan. I did not know he was in Pakistan doing anything....

Is that where that golf course is he plays once a week? :)

crzyjournalist03
04-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Kudos to Arizona for making it illegal to be in the country illegally.

:clap: :confused: :doh:

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Well, not recently, he'd have you believe he never considered himself a Maverick! haha Political survival does amazing things to honesty. Politicians are the best at survival tactics. All they need are a few lobbyists and a scandal followed by supposed reform and then they are well on the way to victory!:cool:

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 02:58 PM
I did not know he was in Pakistan doing anything.... Well, if you're watching FoxNews, it may be cause they're not presenting his successes! LOL

Is that where that golf course is he plays once a week? :) No, it's more of a brushy area, sort of like where W cleared his ranch most of his administration! :D

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

:clap: :confused: :doh:
...and legally

Pick6
Are you advocating the invasion of Kenya? LOL

Most anti-terror action occur of the presses and in places we don't speak of. Responding to terrorist acts with a blunt overwhelming force such as our military merely scatters the flies. What Obama has been doing in Pakistan is short of a miracle in it's success at cutting the heads off of Al Qaida. Their support is dwindling in Pakistan.

What Obama is doing in Pakistan? Funnest post of the day. How many months did it take for him to give the military what they said they needed? Just think how much further along they would be if he would of given them what they asked for in the 1st place.

NateDawg39
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

:clap: :confused: :doh: How dare you support the right of the American people to have their state make a law to stop something illegal! :mad:

You must be evil!!:mad:

Keith7
04-28-2010, 03:01 PM
How dare you support the right of the American people to have their state make a law to stop something illegal! :mad:

You must be evil!!:mad:

How dare the writers of the constitution to do the same things!

Fourth amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 03:01 PM
...and legally Then I suggest holding onto those documents because change is coming!

YES WE CAN!!!

CHANGE WE CAN ALL BELIEVE IN!!!

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 03:02 PM
What Obama is doing in Pakistan? Funnest post of the day.Certainly to an uninformed person, it is. He has done more to go after Al Qaida then W did in his whole administration. Something he has to keep quiet to keep his liberal base from calling him NO DIFFERENT THAN W (which foreign policy wise, he really isn't)

How many months did it take for him to give the military what they said they needed? That was a Fox hack job, as Gates (appointed by Bush) said, it would have been the same for any other President as they decided which direction they were going with a LONG NEGLECTED war.

Just think how much further along they would be if he would of given them what they asked for in the 1st place. NOW THAT IS THE FUNNIEST POST OF THE DAY!!!!

Just think how far we'd be if we had concentrated on Afghanistan from the start (01).

Pick6
04-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Gates (appointed by Bush) said

You can't trust Gates, he's an aggie :D

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 03:04 PM
How dare the writers of the constitution to do the same things!

Fourth amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. "Probable cause" is the bedrock of that amendment

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Then I suggest holding onto those documents because change is coming! Yup, I should be held to a different standard than other Americans because I'm brown and suspicious. LOL The Republicans in Arizona sure did promote change, FASCISM.

WE CAN!!! Yes yall did, awaken the hispanic population in this nation! Nice job in an election year.

WE CAN ALL BELIEVE IN!!! Well, those who aren't Mexican! ;)

Keith7
04-28-2010, 03:05 PM
"Probable cause" is the bedrock of that amendment

and the probable cause in this case is being brown?? :doh:

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 03:05 PM
You can't trust Gates, he's an aggie :D :D

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 03:06 PM
"Probable cause" is the bedrock of that amendment which doesn't include RACE as a specific precursor to suspicion.

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 03:07 PM
and the probable cause in this case is being brown?? :doh: I don't think the police will waste their time going person to person do you? I bet they use this law for when someone is arrested or when a business is a KNOWN place of illegal operations....but hey who knows, just give it a try. We have to give reformed healthcare a try don't we? And how many people do not want that?

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 03:11 PM
which doesn't include RACE as a specific precursor to suspicion. Please, this is by far going to get more American support and I think we all know it. Well, more support than healthcare did at least.:rolleyes:

LE Dad
How dare you support the right of the American people to have their state make a law to stop something illegal! :mad:

You must be evil!!:mad: What is Arizona thinking.:doh: To think that a state can assert itself on an issue that the Federal government is too busy to worry about.:nerd:

TheDOCTORdre
here and present

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 03:12 PM
I don't think the police will waste their time going person to person do you? I bet they use this law for when someone is arrested or when a business is a KNOWN place of illegal operations....but hey who knows, just give it a try. We have to give reformed healthcare a try don't we? And how many people do not want that? Nice change of subject. Well, despite FoxNews telling people they'll be arrested for that, this actually does result in Americans being arrested! Interesting. :thinking: :D Though O'Reilly did say they never said you could be arrested!
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/apr/27/bill-oreilly/oreilly-says-no-one-fox-raised-issue-jail-time-not/

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Nice change of subject. Well, despite FoxNews telling people they'll be arrested for that, this actually does result in Americans being arrested! Interesting. :thinking: :D Though O'Reilly did say they never said you could be arrested!
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/apr/27/bill-oreilly/oreilly-says-no-one-fox-raised-issue-jail-time-not/ I dont see how that is a change of subject when it deals with the same principal of the support system...of course I forget we don't have a chance to support laws anymore :rolleyes:

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 03:16 PM
I dont see how that is a change of subject when it deals with the same principal of the support system...of course I forget we don't have a chance to support laws anymore :rolleyes: Same principal? We're talking false imprisonment and profiling on one hand and health insurance on the other.

big daddy russ
04-28-2010, 03:18 PM
linky (http://video.hollywoodreporter.com/services/player/bcpid6555681001?bctid=81455511001)

Pick6
04-28-2010, 03:20 PM
reasonable cause? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOVTLdwydug)

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 03:21 PM
linky (http://video.hollywoodreporter.com/services/player/bcpid6555681001?bctid=81455511001) :clap:

Word is Arizona is already taking a hit economically from cancellations and boycotts. Sux for the small businesses who will suffer as a result. You can't look at the whole population as a drain when in fact a lot of it is an engine for economic growth as well.

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Same principal? We're talking false imprisonment and profiling on one hand and health insurance on the other. If they are legal then they have nothing to worry about except keeping up with their papers. Im tired of hearing about drug cartels running the borders and killing people in my state, and in Arizona and anywhere for that matter. Something NEEDS to be done. Is this law perfect? Hell no...but it is a start and maybe it will wake up the other agencies into realizing this great nation needs to do something quick or we will be in the same boat as Mexico is. I don't want that and I hope nobody else does either.

Pick6
04-28-2010, 03:23 PM
:clap:

Word is Arizona is already taking a hit economically from cancellations and boycotts. Sux for the small businesses who will suffer as a result. You can't look at the whole population as a drain when in fact a lot of it is an engine for economic growth as well.

1 step back for hopefully 2 steps forward.

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 03:23 PM
reasonable cause? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOVTLdwydug) Reasonable Cause? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpjd5sh8xCM&playnext_from=TL&videos=x8ZEzpyvgxQ)

Pick6
04-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Reasonable Cause? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpjd5sh8xCM&playnext_from=TL&videos=x8ZEzpyvgxQ)

Don't have sound at work...lol

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 03:24 PM
reasonable cause? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOVTLdwydug) :clap: at least they car pooled well

Pick6
04-28-2010, 03:26 PM
:clap: at least they car pooled well

yeah, they realized they were late to work and took off running to make it on time...lol

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 03:27 PM
yeah, they realized they were late to work and took off running to make it on time...lol :D Yes that is exactly what happened!

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 03:27 PM
If they are legal then they have nothing to worry about except keeping up with their papers. Something not asked of any other Americans.

tired of hearing about drug cartels running the borders and killing people in my state, and in Arizona and anywhere for that matter. Who funds those cartels? AMERICANS

NEEDS to be done. Is this law perfect? Hell no...but it is a start and maybe it will wake up the other agencies into realizing this great nation needs to do something quick or we will be in the same boat as Mexico is. We won't sink to that level because law here is much too powerful to establish that form of disregard for law. The cartels are literally better armed and trained, (in the College of Americas by CIA and U.S. Spec forces) The Zetas, than the Mexican Army.

I don't want that and I hope nobody else does either. Being against the law doesn't mean we want that, just like being for immigration reform doesn't mean your racist.

big daddy russ
04-28-2010, 03:29 PM
:clap: at least they car pooled well
Haha.

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Something not asked of any other Americans.

Who funds those cartels? AMERICANS

We won't sink to that level because law here is much too powerful to establish that form of disregard for law. The cartels are literally better armed and trained, (in the College of Americas by CIA and U.S. Spec forces) The Zetas, than the Mexican Army.

Being against the law doesn't mean we want that just like being for immigration reform doesn't mean your racist. As far as funding..if we can stop the influx of this crap the they will not be as powerful I would hope.

So if the the cartels are better trained, then we need laws to help keep illegals out and start training better. However, I don't see a change in training so the states will do what they can until the federal gov can decide which is more important, facebook privacy or border security

Bullaholic
04-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Somebody help me out here.....Arizona passed a law which is designed to arrest and deport illegal aliens, but they should be barred from concentrating on anyone who appears to be Hispanic? What am I missing here boys?

That's kinda like telling your doctor that you are worried about colon cancer, but he can't look at only the results of your GI test first.....:D

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 03:36 PM
As far as funding..if we can stop the influx of this crap the they will not be as powerful I would hope. In a consumer driven black market, TOO Much money to stop. It is a well kept secret that many Federal and local authorities have been on the take or have taken bribes to "look the other way" Innovation is also amazing. Enough money to think up new ways and fund them making transport a real non-issue. It's a two way street, no one side shoulders most of the blame. Try living in that nation ravaged by cartels which we support financially. It's no wonder why so many do come here. The border towns have been gutted by those animals.

if the the cartels are better trained, then we need laws to help keep illegals out and start training better. Which I'm sure you know the difference between illegal status and a trafficker or cartel member, because they are not synonymous.

However, I don't see a change in training so the states will do what they can until the federal gov can decide which is more important, facebook privacy or border security Valid point, while they're up there playing party politics, real issues as such are just tearing our communities apart and driving further painful wedges in what we considered healed scars of an earlier time.

Keith7
04-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Somebody help me out here.....Arizona passed a law which is designed to arrest and deport illegal aliens, but they should be barred from concentrating on anyone who appears to be Hispanic? What am I missing here boys?

That's kinda like telling your doctor that you are worried about colon cancer, but he can't look at only the results of your GI test first.....:D

Did you know the majority of /\/\eth users are white? so how would you feel if Texas passed a law essentially saying that the police are now allowed to stop and search all white people because there is a chance they have /\/\eth on them? I mean /\/\eth is a problem and it is illegal so maybe this is a good idea

Pick6
04-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Did you know the majority of **** users are white, so how would you feel if Texas passed a law essentially saying that the police are now allowed to stop and search all white people because there is a chance they have **** on them? I mean **** is a problem and it is illegal so maybe this is a good idea

If it's gonna make America a better and safer place for my kids, stop me anytime. Come search my house anytime. I have absolutely nothing to hide.

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Somebody help me out here.....Arizona passed a law which is designed to arrest and deport illegal aliens, but they should be barred from concentrating on anyone who appears to be Hispanic? What am I missing here boys? That Americans are hispanic too and don't need to prove more than anyone else their nationality. Oh and the constitutionality of the thing.

That's kinda like telling your doctor that you are worried about colon cancer, but he can't look at only the results of your GI test first.....:D OR like saying since 90+% of Serial Killers are white, that we can't just assume all white people are serial killers, so we should just unlawfully pull over anglos because, never can be too sure! ;)

Bullaholic
Did you know the majority of /\/\eth users are white, so how would you feel if Texas passed a law essentially saying that the police are now allowed to stop and search all white people because there is a chance they have /\/\eth on them? I mean /\/\eth is a problem and it is illegal so maybe this is a good idea

Central point being----If I DON'T have any ***** on me, why would I care if it got all the ***** off the street. Which is worse--the symptom, or the disease?

DDBooger
If it's gonna make America a better and safer place for my kids, stop me anytime. Come search my house anytime. I have absolutely nothing to hide. Yeah right, you'd have guns aimed and cocked saying "Tell Obama to come and get em!" lmao

Keith7
04-28-2010, 03:41 PM
If it's gonna make America a better and safer place for my kids, stop me anytime. Come search my house anytime. I have absolutely nothing to hide.

Fine you will forever be known as a /\/\eth addict in my book then because you're white

LE Dad
04-28-2010, 03:41 PM
If the majority of the people in Arizona are against this law then it will be repealed. If the majority are for it then great, let's sit back and see what happens.

Keith7
04-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Central point being----If I DON'T have any ***** on me, why would I care if it got all the ***** off the street. Which is worse--the symptom, or the disease?

Because you will be harassed by police and automatically assumed guilty of a crime only because the color of your skin :doh:

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Great discussion guys! Pretty even keel. Perhaps we could set examples for those in office! :eek: ;)

big daddy russ
04-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Isn't that one of the reasons we seceded from Great Britain in the first place? I thought we drafted a Constitution and a Bill of Rights because of issues like that.

Pick6
04-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Fine you will forever be known as a /\/\eth addict in my book then because you're white

Just because you care about my opinion of you doesn't mean I give a dang about your opinion of me. Like the old lady from survivor said, if you was on fire I wouldn't even piss on you to put it out.

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Great discussion guys! Pretty even keel. Perhaps we could set examples for those in office! :eek: ;) The politicians have the DL on the big screen and are taking notes on who is to "disappear" next :p

Pick6
Isn't that one of the reasons we seceded from Great Britain in the first place? I thought we drafted a Constitution and a Bill of Rights because of issues like that.

If that's what it takes to make this place safe for my kids, go for it. My childrens safety, your kids also, is of the utmost importantance.

Farmersfan
which doesn't include RACE as a specific precursor to suspicion.

I have almost started thinking you were actually one of the good guys Booger! But now you go and ruin it. Your responses to this issue is so buried in Liberal propaganda it can't possibly make sense to anyone.
Profiling is already against the law but let's be realistic, it happens every single day. Even to WHITES! If you are looking for a bird, you look in the sky! If you are looking for a fish, you must look underwater! And if you are looking for Mexican nationals who are here illegal then you must look for............ wait for it.................. ((((mexicans))))))!!!!!!!!!! Wow, what a concept!

LE Dad
04-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Because you will be harassed by police and automatically assumed guilty of a crime only because the color of your skin :doh: Stop me, I don't care. I get extra scrutiny at the airport which makes me feel safer. If I need to show my license to prove I am legally here so be it.

What is going to be hilarious is when all the illegals begin overruning California and Texas even more forcing them to act also. I am sure Texas will but Cali would just assume fall into the ocean.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I have almost started thinking you were actually one of the good guys Booger! But now you go and ruin it. Your responses to this issue is so buried in Liberal propaganda it can't possibly make sense to anyone.
Profiling is already against the law but let's be realistic, it happens every single day. Even to WHITES! If you are looking for a bird, you look in the sky! If you are looking for a fish, you must look underwater! And if you are looking for Mexican nationals who are here illegal then you must look for............ wait for it.................. ((((mexicans))))))!!!!!!!!!! Wow, what a concept! Holy cow did that just make sense :eek:

Pick6
Yeah right, you'd have guns aimed and cocked saying "Tell Obama to come and get em!" lmao

Actually Boog I've never even shot a gun.

big daddy russ
If that's what it takes to make this place safe for my kids, go for it. My childrens safety, your kids also, is of the utmost importantance.
One of Ben Franklin's most famous quotes is, "The man who would trade his liberty for security deserves neither."

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 03:55 PM
I have almost started thinking you were actually one of the good guys Booger! But now you go and ruin it. Your responses to this issue is so buried in Liberal propaganda it can't possibly make sense to anyone. Certainly not to anyone who subscribes to the alternative propaganda, you can accuse me of it if you like. Look at BDR, he's probably a completely different ideology than me, yet he likely maintains true core values of conservatism than you do and he agrees with me.

Profiling is already against the law but let's be realistic, it happens every single day. Even to WHITES! Sorry, no one is debating that it occurs, this is institutionalized profiling, this is LEGAL profiling. BIG DIFFERENCE!

If you are looking for a bird, you look in the sky! If you are looking for a fish, you must look underwater! And if you are looking for Mexican nationals who are here illegal then you must look for............ wait for it.................. ((((mexicans))))))!!!!!!!!!! Wow, what a concept! Yup, despite, the fact that it's unconstitutional and mandates action based on nothing criminal except for my race which is now viewed as such. Sure! Great! IF I'm a bad guy cause of that, consider me the Devil! ;) lol

NateDawg39
04-28-2010, 03:56 PM
One of Ben Franklin's most famous quotes is, "The man who would trade his liberty for security deserves neither." Ben Franklin!??! What did he fight for in his day............................................... :D

Pick6
04-28-2010, 03:56 PM
One of Ben Franklin's most famous quotes is, "The man who would trade his liberty for security deserves neither."

I know, living in the 1700's is quite different from living in the 2000's. As much as people won't admit it, times have changed and all the changes haven't been for the good of man.

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Actually Boog I've never even shot a gun. Crazy, and this liberal, secular progressive has! haha Hows that for irony! ;)

I had an opportunity to kill a person in my house with a 9mm. However my brother proceeded to wrestle with one of em and I had to jump in and we literally put these guys in the hospital for days. The cops asked what weapon we used and we just showed them our swollen hands and feet! lol

LE Dad
04-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Isn't that one of the reasons we seceded from Great Britain in the first place? I thought we drafted a Constitution and a Bill of Rights because of issues like that. Protection of our borders is vital. Our national leaders have failed to do that. The Federal Government is too busy giving us new rights instead of protecting our homeland.

big daddy russ
04-28-2010, 03:59 PM
I know, living in the 1700's is quite different from living in the 2000's. As much as people won't admit it, times have changed and all the changes haven't been for the good of man.
That's definitely true. There's a ton of bad mixed in with the good.

But our world is safer now from violent crime than ever, so why would we want to clamp down further?

Originally posted by LE Dad
Protection of our borders is vital. Our national leaders have failed to do that. The Federal Government is too busy giving us new rights instead of protecting our homeland.
I'm not saying I disagree with that. I agree wholeheartedly. But I'm not about to give away any more of my personal rights and freedoms in exchange for more laws.

There's a hierarchy of tenets I believe in with my personal political philosophy. I'm much more conservative than Boog, BBDE, and even most "Conservatives" on the Downlow. But one area that conservatism and liberalism overlap are in the area of personal freedoms. It's neo-conservatism that denounces those freedoms.

Personal freedoms, and the upholding of the Bill of Rights are central to everything I believe, personally, in politics. There's an old school of thinking that most Americans have, at most, three or four hot-button issues, and then choose their political party based on those issues.

Not saying mine are perfect, but they line up like this:
1. Protection of the Constitution and individual rights and freedoms. Right now, neither party seems to be the protectors of the Constitution.
2. Abortion- I can't bring myself to vote for anyone who is pro-choice.
3. Fiscally Conservative- I'll vote for candidates who make the hard choices that their constituents don't want to hear.

There are a few other secondary causes I support, like immigration reform, but they almost always take a backseat to these topics (depending on the situation). Based on these topics, I'm a traditional conservative.

Granted, there's no right or wrong answer to politics, only "best course of action." Based on what I believe and examples I've observed around the world, I can't get on board with this policy.

Bullaholic
04-28-2010, 03:59 PM
I will always be on the side of what I perceive to be the greater good for all Americans--regardless of race, sex, or national origin. However, I will never mind sacrificing a few individual freedoms to acheive that greater good for all Americans in the long run. Older generations are well acquainted with making sacrifices for our great nation---and had no problem doing so when called upon. I won't either.

Pick6
04-28-2010, 04:01 PM
That's definitely true. There's a ton of bad mixed in with the good.

But our world is safer now from violent crime than ever, so why would we want to clamp down further?

Don't know if I believe violent crime is lower now.

Clamp down further? Do you want to be 100% sure your kids are safe or just 75% sure? If they have traffic stops everyday to get drugs or criminals off the street, then so be it.

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I will always be on the side of what I perceive to be the greater good for all Americans--regardless of race, sex, or national origin. However, I will never mind sacrificing a few individual freedoms to acheive that greater good for all Americans in the long run. Older generations are well acquainted with making sacrifices for our great nation---and had no problem doing so when called upon. I won't either. Those sacrifices were economic, not necessarily liberties, aside from service which was mandated by the draft. In WWII the nation was asked to sacrifice by saving and buying war bonds, rationing. After the 9/11 we were urged to buy and continue as if nothing happened. How times have changed.

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 04:03 PM

Clamp down further? Do you want to be 100% sure your kids are safe or just 75% sure? If they have traffic stops everyday to get drugs or criminals off the street, then so be it. Some of the nations with the lowest crime rates are the most oppressive! IT's a double edged sword. The safest, friendliest places in the world, (Northern Europe) have a much different society than ours, and are obviously homogeneous.

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 04:05 PM
OH and violent crimes have gone down I believe nationally. It was actually thought due to the recession and past indicators of crime that we would see an elevated level of crime. However that hasn't transpired. In a sign of good humanity, we've actually seen families and communities shoulder larger burdens to aid each other. Pretty interesting study I saw that utilized NIBHERS(I think) and some other survey material to examine that notion.

Bullaholic
04-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Those sacrifices were economic, not necessarily liberties, aside from service which was mandated by the draft. In WWII the nation was asked to sacrifice by saving and buying war bonds, rationing. After the 9/11 we were urged to buy and continue as if nothing happened. How times have changed.

Booger---There were Japanese-Americans who were impounded during WWII simple because they were Japanese. Perhaps this was wrong, but do you seriously suppose that there was a public outcry in this nation over this after Pearl Harbor? Again---the greater good-- national security was the goal and that eclipsed personal freedoms.

I don't think I can think of a single family member of anyone who was lost in 911 who would have objected to more strenous screening, profiling if you will, of the Muslim extremists at the airports if they would have been stopped.

No way anyone will ever convince me that the loss of human life is outweighed by the infringement on a few personal liberties.

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Booger---There were Japanese-Americans who were impounded during WWII simple because they were Japanese. Perhaps this was wrong, but do you seriously suppose that there was a public outcry in this nation over this after Pearl Harbor? No, not at all, but how many minorities were in Congress and the Senate at that time to combat that action? Would they have fought that legislation seeing as in wartime, a President can essentially ask anything of it's people, not the least of which declare martial law, which likely would have happened if they had stopped the internment. Your use of that example better fits my argument than your own!

Again---the greater good-- national security was the goal and that eclipsed personal freedoms. And when those Americans interned are a part of the greater good, yet we segment them by race, the only difference between them and the Jews in Europe is labor and the Final Solution. There is no excusing our black eyes in this nation's history. We merely learn from them, certainly not use them as an example for future action.

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Booger---There were Japanese-Americans who were impounded during WWII simple because they were Japanese. Perhaps this was wrong, but do you seriously suppose that there was a public outcry in this nation over this after Pearl Harbor? Again---the greater good-- national security was the goal and that eclipsed personal freedoms.

I don't think I can think of a single family member of anyone who was lost in 911 who would have objected to more strenous screening, profiling if you will, of the Muslim extremists at the airports if they would have been stopped.

No way anyone will ever convince me that the loss of human life is outweighed by the infringement on a few personal liberties. By the way, how many German-Americans were interned? Were people suspicious of Eisenhower? :thinking:

garciap77
04-28-2010, 04:17 PM

* A JOB,
* A DRIVERS LICENSE,
* SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
* WELFARE,
* FOOD STAMPS,
* CREDIT CARDS,
* FREE EDUCATION,
* FREE HEALTH CARE,

I thought O'Bama said, "No More LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON!":confused:

Bullaholic
04-28-2010, 04:18 PM
No, not at all, but how many minorities were in Congress and the Senate at that time to combat that action? Would they have fought that legislation seeing as in wartime, a President can essentially ask anything of it's people, not the least of which declare martial law, which likely would have happened if they had stopped the internment. Your use of that example better fits my argument than your own!

And when those Americans interned are a part of the greater good, yet we segment them by race, the only difference between them and the Jews in Europe is labor and the Final Solution. There is no excusing our black eyes in this nation's history. We merely learn from them, certainly not use them as an example for future action.

It saddens me greatly when any American would compare the Nazi's treatment of the Jews during WWII to our government's responsible actions of detainment during a war.

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

I thought O'Bama said, "No More LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON!":confused: When has a President been able to stop lobbyists from buying the legislative branch? lmao

garciap77
04-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

HeeHee!:D

DDBooger
04-28-2010, 04:20 PM
It saddens me greatly when any American would compare the Nazi's treatment of the Jews during WWII to our government's RESPONSIBLE actions of detainment during a war. :eek: It saddens me that it happened. Patriotism isn't blind obligation to the decisions of our representatives but it is also questioning of decisions. Who stood up for the Japanese-AMERICANS in those times? Why wasn't the same done to Germans?

Bullaholic
04-28-2010, 04:26 PM
:eek: It saddens me that it happened. Patriotism isn't blind obligation to the decisions of our representatives but it is also questioning of decisions. Who stood up for the Japanese-AMERICANS in those times? Why wasn't the same done to Germans?

Booger---we'll just have to hash this out over a couple of beers before a game somewhere, sometime---although I think it might take some time to straighten you out---your compass is way off...:D Enough for now---to be continued in civil face-to-face discussion one day---I can't type enough to justify my thoughts adequately.

garciap77
04-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Then I suggest holding onto those documents because change is coming!

YES WE CAN!!!

CHANGE WE CAN ALL BELIEVE IN!!!

Vote "O'Daddy D11" for president! Sí, se puede!:D

;)

garciap77
04-28-2010, 04:28 PM
When has a President been able to stop lobbyists from buying the legislative branch? lmao

I didn't say that, HE DID!:D

;)

DDBooger
Booger---we'll just have to hash this out over a couple of beers before a game somewhere, sometime---although I think it might take some time to straighten you out---your compass is way off...:D Enough for now---to be continued in civil face-to-face discussion one day---I can't type enough to justify my thoughts adequately. Haha my compass is just fine, I think a discussion to expand your perception would take a few beers as well! ;) Later Gator

DDBooger
Originally posted by garciap77
Vote "O'Daddy D11" for president! Sí, se puede!:D

;) Would that make him our first gay President? ;)

j/k Daddy D!

Gobbler Fan
04-28-2010, 04:29 PM
* A DRIVERS LICENSE,
* SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
* WELFARE,
* FOOD STAMPS,
* CREDIT CARDS,
* FREE EDUCATION,
* FREE HEALTH CARE,

These issues are what I have problems with and not by Immigrants but U.S. citizens of all colors that wont/will not work ... so what will we do with them if these are the issues you feel strongly about ?

big daddy russ
04-28-2010, 04:33 PM

Clamp down further? Do you want to be 100% sure your kids are safe or just 75% sure? If they have traffic stops everyday to get drugs or criminals off the street, then so be it.
That argument will never work on me. Just because they're 100% safe from other citizens doesn't mean they're 100% safe from our government.

Stalin lowered the rate of violent crime in Russia. Then he went genocidal and more than made up for it with the 20 million people he killed in the Ukraine and other areas of the former USSR.

After 1933, crime rates in Germany went down exponentially. They went from one of the worst depressions in known history to a period of miliatary buildup, increasing employment rates and giving people less reasons to commit crimes. Then they fell the Weimar Republic. Then they built in stricter gun laws. Then they gave the people some common enemies to fear (Jews, who had bought up much of the old, family-run businesses during the German depression and was far and away the most wealthy group in Germany and the countries who imposed these restrictions on them during the Treat of Versailles) and used these measures of safety to take away individuals' rights one by one. Then they used that momentum to imprison and kill 6 million Jews, but the streets were safer.

I don't believe our current government would abuse powers like that, but they have shown that they're more than willing to stretch their freedoms of power in order to pass legislation they want. I'm not so worried about the possible safety of our kids in the next ten years as I am about the safety of our kids in the next 50.

DDBooger
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
* A DRIVERS LICENSE,
* SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
* WELFARE,
* FOOD STAMPS,
* CREDIT CARDS,
* FREE EDUCATION,
* FREE HEALTH CARE,

These issues are what I have problems with and not by Immigrants but U.S. citizens of all colors that wont/will not work ... so what will we do with them if these are the issues you feel strongly about ?
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/03/social-security-for-illegal-immigrants/

We’ll just quickly note that illegal immigrants are broadly disqualified from collecting benefits from government programs, according to U.S. Code, with only limited exceptions. Those exceptions are: Emergency medical care (which includes emergency labor and delivery) Emergency disaster relief that is provided for the short term and is not a cash payment Limited immunizations and testing, and treatment of symptoms of communicable diseases Certain community programs, such as soup kitchens or crisis counseling, as specified by the Attorney General Limited housing or community development assistance to those already receiving it in 1996

garciap77

:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
04-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Would that make him our first gay President? ;)

j/k Daddy D!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
04-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
If the majority of the people in Arizona are against this law then it will be repealed. If the majority are for it then great, let's sit back and see what happens.

You me like health care?:D

carter08
04-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang.

lostaussie
04-28-2010, 05:13 PM
:wave: just in case

sinton66
04-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Sorry, folks. Donating members forum acceptable, not here.