PDA

View Full Version : How would you react

Pick6
04-27-2010, 05:08 PM
If you was in an interview and the person asked you if your mom was a prostitute?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/042810dnspobryantmom.27b8762.html

Farmersfan
04-28-2010, 08:42 AM
I think it was a question designed to test his attitude and personality. I'm kind of mixed on my reaction of this. I would be soooooo pissed if an employer asked me that question but then again I could probably overlook it if they were about to pay me a gazillion dollars!!!!!

44INAROW
04-28-2010, 08:45 AM
If the interviewer was a male, I'd ask him "why, you want me to hook you up?" seriously..
they are looking to see how the interviewee reacts

SWMustang
04-28-2010, 08:45 AM
I guess if my mom had sold drugs and been in prison and couldn't keep herself together enough to raise me, I'd understand why the question was asked.

Farmersfan
04-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I guess if my mom had sold drugs and been in prison and couldn't keep herself together enough to raise me, I'd understand why the question was asked.

I'm thinking that most people would say that what Dez's mom does isn't really any of the interviewers business and to ask that question is completely out of line. What if your employer asked you if your dad was a alcoholic?
I'm beginning to think perhaps the NFL team went over the line but I also understand they are about to give a huge contract to someone who may or may not be a stable personality. Do they have a right to try and determine the truth?

waterboy
04-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
If you was in an interview and the person asked you if your mom was a prostitute?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/042810dnspobryantmom.27b8762.html
:thinking: Before or after I beat him up? There's absolutely no reason for an interviewer to ask a question as offensive as that, in my opinion.

Farmersfan
04-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
:thinking: Before or after I beat him up? There's absolutely no reason for an interviewer to ask a question as offensive as that, in my opinion.

What IF the question is designed to determine if you are the type of person that will "BEAT THEM UP" for asking a simple question??? "No Soup For You"!!!!

waterboy
04-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
What IF the question is designed to determine if you are the type of person that will "BEAT THEM UP" for asking a simple question??? "No Soup For You"!!!!
The job wouldn't be for me in the first place is the way I look at it. I'd just have to keep looking. Maybe I could just take his lunch money.......if I was hungry.:cool:

SWMustang
04-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I'm thinking that most people would say that what Dez's mom does isn't really any of the interviewers business and to ask that question is completely out of line. What if your employer asked you if your dad was a alcoholic?
I'm beginning to think perhaps the NFL team went over the line but I also understand they are about to give a huge contract to someone who may or may not be a stable personality. Do they have a right to try and determine the truth?

Look at Big Ben being suspended even though he wasn't charged with a crime. This is an entertainment job with LOTS of money tied to the image of the players. Having MOM turning tricks on the 50 yd. line might be bad for business. For the kind of money involved, I don't have a problem with them asking the question. If he doesn't like it, I suppose he could go interview for a job in a different field. I'm guessing his income potential is significantly less in just about every other sector.

JJWalker
04-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Completely out of line.

His mother being or not being a prostitute has absolutely nothing to do with his ability to play football or him for that matter.

Jeff Ireland needed to apologize, so it is good that he did.

themsu97
04-28-2010, 10:09 AM
in the movie Roadhouse... Dalton would not get mad... remember one guy asked what if they call my mamma a whore? to which he responded... is she?

Is it appropriate? who knows...

but... crucial point in the game and then a db tells Bryant that his mom is a ho... throws a punch, 15 yard penalty...

a few years ago in the World Cup that Frenchman head butted the guy and cost his team the match possibly...
when you are going to invest millions of dollars in a person, you need to know if he can keep his cool... and football is very emotional...
look at them asking Gerhardt if he felt he had more to prove because he was white... nobody cared

Bullaholic
04-28-2010, 10:22 AM
1. The question was inappropriate.

2. Welcome to me NFL media circus , Dez. You will be dealing with it for next 14-15 years and love it when they show your face and give you good game press, but hate it when they ask pointed questions about a poor game and examine every detail of your private life.

PPSTATEBOUND
04-28-2010, 11:18 AM
With a simple no.:)

Farmersfan
04-28-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm thinking the appropriate thing to do is to politely tell them that you find the question inappropriate and the interview is now over. You then go out and tell the world that you will never play a single down to THAT team. If you become a star then the joke is on them. But if you bust then the joke will be on you! But at least you have your pride, right???? :D :D

big daddy russ
04-28-2010, 12:20 PM
All I can say is that the NFL's not for me. Even if I, by some stretch, had the talent.

Farmersfan
04-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
All I can say is that the NFL's not for me. Even if I, by some stretch, had the talent.

I'm thinking a multi-million dollar contract would change your mind!

pancho villa
04-28-2010, 12:55 PM
For millions of $$$$$$$ who cares. Get over it wimps!

garciap77
04-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
For millions of $$$$$$$ who cares. Get over it wimps!

:ditto:

Keith7
04-28-2010, 02:59 PM
I wonder if the Yankees wish they had asked Joba Chamberlin if his mom was a **** addict? Seems like they might have done something to help and maybe help Chamberlin in the process.. But I guess that would be "out of line" and Chamberlin would have the right to punch them :rolleyes:

TheDOCTORdre
04-28-2010, 03:15 PM
If Dez's mom is a ho then Dez should be thankful he isn;t going to be playing with the 'Boys of the 90s because Irvin would have choked that ho:D

BaseballUmp
04-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
If Dez's mom is a ho then Dez should be thankful he isn;t going to be playing with the 'Boys of the 90s because Irvin would have choked that ho:D
Wow lol:doh:

Pick6
04-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Posted at 1:12 PM on Wed., Apr. 28, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
David Moore/Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Mike Ditka was on a Miami radio show Tuesday afternoon when word broke that Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland had asked receiver Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute.

Ditka was on 790 the Ticket to discuss Ricky Williams. But the host ended the show by asking the former NFL player and head coach about the story.

"I think the individual who asked that question, somebody ought to whack him in the head,'' Ditka said. "You don't ask that question. If you think you know it, you know.

"What are you going to confront a young man with that situation for? He probably loves his mother no matter what she is or who she is. Why would somebody do that? I don't understand things like that.

"Maybe I'm naive or I'm old. I don't understand that. Why? What do you get from asking that question? What's it all about? Every bit of information has to be spread out on the table now? Is that it? Everybody's dirty linen has to be out? I disagree with that. I'm sorry."

Host Dan LeBatard then asked Ditka if he would have blamed Bryant if he had reached over the table and slapped Ireland.

"I wouldn't have,'' Ditka said. "The general manager probably deserved it."

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/mike-ditka-someone-ought-to-wh.html

Pick6
04-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Mike Golic said he would of smashed his face in...lol

Keith7
04-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Some people are baby mommas boys huh?? Really punching a guy makes you a better person in this situation ? :doh:

Pick6
04-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Some people are baby mommas boys huh?? Really punching a guy makes you a better person in this situation ? :doh:

Who said anything about being a better person, just punching people that deserves it can sure make you feel better. I'm sure you could make alot of people feel better.

LionFan72
04-29-2010, 10:44 AM
The reply is "No sir, but my momma knows your momma and she siad that you are a bastard!"

NastySlot
04-29-2010, 11:01 AM
I see it this way there are better questions and ways in which you can asked about a person's character and his family's.

It was not very professional.

LE Dad
04-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Some people are baby mommas boys huh?? Really punching a guy makes you a better person in this situation ? :doh: You ask an inappropriate question and you might get an inappropriate response.:thinking:

ziggy29
04-29-2010, 11:30 AM
If you think this is bad, try getting a security clearance. Nothing is off-limits.

ccmom
04-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Jeff Ireland, the guy who asked "the question", was the place kicker for our football team when I was in high school. (Abilene Cooper) I guess he's done alright for himself. ;)

Buckeye1980
04-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Jeff Ireland, the guy who asked "the question", was the place kicker for our football team when I was in high school. (Abilene Cooper) I guess he's done alright for himself. ;)

If you ask me , it makes sense now that Ireland needs his "place kicked!"

ziggy29
04-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Things may not always seem like they were at first glance....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jim_trotter/04/30/dez.bryant.jeff.ireland/index.html

Two sources familiar with the situation contend that Ireland's question was nothing more than the logical follow-up to comments Bryant had made about his family. According to the sources, Ireland began the meeting by asking Bryant, 21, about his upbringing and his relationship with his siblings. Then he asked what Bryant's father did for a living when Bryant was growing up. The following exchange allegedly ensued:

"My dad was a pimp."

"What did your mom do [for a living]?"

"She worked for my dad."

"Your mom was a prostitute?"

"No, she wasn't a prostitute."

If this is true, Bryant said his dad was a pimp and that his mom worked for his dad. Which makes Ireland's follow-up question a bit more understandable. Could have been a little more tactful, but there was cause to bring it up based on this conversation.

garciap77
04-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Things may not always seem like they were at first glance....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jim_trotter/04/30/dez.bryant.jeff.ireland/index.html

If this is true, Bryant said his dad was a pimp and that his mom worked for his dad. Which makes Ireland's follow-up question a bit more understandable. Could have been a little more tactful, but there was cause to bring it up based on this conversation.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Pick6
04-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Dez said that didn't happen (http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5151539&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines)

ziggy29
04-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Dez said that didn't happen (http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5151539&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines)
At this point I think both sides have motive to deny what has been reported -- Ireland to save face and Bryant to not look like he threw his dad under the bus and invite the question about his mom.

Which means we'll probably never know the truth barring any recordings of the conversation.

Keith7
04-30-2010, 02:22 PM

Of course he'd deny that. That ruins his excuse for why he fell so far to a team that doesn't even need him :doh:

This kid is trash

Pick6
04-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Of course he'd deny that. That ruins his excuse for why he fell so far to a team that doesn't even need him :doh:

This kid is trash

Why is he trash? Because he lied? Andy Reid lied also so he's trash to.

LE Dad
04-30-2010, 02:35 PM

This kid is trash I can't wait to see him burn the Eagles. The more I see him the more I like this pick. I hope Philly drafted some DBs Bryant on one side Austin on the other could cause problems.:D

garciap77
04-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I can't wait to see him burn the Eagles. The more I see him the more I like this pick. I hope Philly drafted some DBs Bryant on one side Austin on the other could cause problems.:D

How was HOOTERS?:D

;)

LE Dad
04-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
How was HOOTERS?:D

;) :thumbsup: Outstanding... and the food was good too!:D

garciap77
04-30-2010, 02:42 PM
:thumbsup: Outstanding... and the food was good too!:D

I bet!!!!!!:D

;)

Pick6
04-30-2010, 02:55 PM
I can't wait to see him burn the Eagles. The more I see him the more I like this pick. I hope Philly drafted some DBs Bryant on one side Austin on the other could cause problems.:D

philly couldn't stop Dallas when Dallas had just one good WR, what are they gonna do now...lol

eagleqb_14
04-30-2010, 09:50 PM
hit the person

Maroon87
04-30-2010, 10:39 PM

I'd say "No. She's dead. Is yours?"