PDA

View Full Version : Can Jevan Sneed make a NFL roster?

CenTexSports
04-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Potential Heiaman canidate goes undrafted. Can the Stephenville native make it in the NFL?

crzyjournalist03
04-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Should have waited until next year to come out...has he even signed an undrafted contract yet?

Pick6
04-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Should have waited until next year to come out...has he even signed an undrafted contract yet?

I think Tampa.

SWMustang
04-27-2010, 04:38 PM
He's a dummy!

SintonPirateFan
04-27-2010, 05:54 PM
with the season he had, i was shocked to hear he was leaving college. he really needed another year. also not many big name QBs projected in next year's draft--would have helped him.

OLE'BULL
04-27-2010, 06:24 PM
This guy seems to have a false sense of reality. I could not believe he entered the draft, terrible move. He knew he couldnt hack it at UT, what makes him think he could leave early and hack it in the NFL

Diocletian
04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
No way...

Snead has everything you want in an NFL quarterback... it's even been said on ESPN that he could be the next Tom Brady.... sneaking in 6-7 round and possibly undrafted like Romo was.

I think which ever team he signs and works out with will eventually give him a shot and he will make it worth their while.

I honestly don't think he got a fair shot over McCoy.. he looked very good that spring and only got a couple halves to test out the live action.

Perfect steal for Tampa if they do bring him in.

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Yes he can, will he? I don't know.

Trashman
04-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Potential Heiaman canidate goes undrafted. Can the Stephenville native make it in the NFL?

No...he doesn't have the heart to play at the next level.:(

jason
04-27-2010, 08:32 PM
i was just playing golf with some guys from stephenville, i live there now, and they said he already has his masters degree and they heard from somebody that there is a redshirt freshman that would compete for the starting job, and probably get it, so he figured it was his time to go....

the genious
04-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by jason
i was just playing golf with some guys from stephenville, i live there now, and they said he already has his masters degree and they heard from somebody that there is a redshirt freshman that would compete for the starting job, and probably get it, so he figured it was his time to go....

Also mcluster (bad speller) was leavin and that was the one weapon he had so next year would be bad!! Matt cassell never started a college game so maybe he should have stayed at texas and rode the pine pony 2 the NFL!!!:thinking:

BreckTxLonghorn
04-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
This guy seems to have a false sense of reality. I could not believe he entered the draft, terrible move. He knew he couldnt hack it at UT, what makes him think he could leave early and hack it in the NFL

To be fair, he didn't leave Texas because he 'couldn't hack it'. He just wasn't going to get playing time behind Colt, and to have a shot at the NFL, he needed some exposure. I wish him luck; liked how he practiced, but never enjoyed the way he carried himself on campus. Just my opinion though.

big daddy russ
04-28-2010, 12:27 AM
He went from being a possible first overall pick in every early 2010 mock draft a year ago to falling completely out of the draft this year.

His talent didn't magically disappear and his incredible 2008 season didn't vanish, he just had a down season this year. Reminds me of another kid who could've been the number one overall pick after his junior season (just like Snead, who was eligible to come out last year), but opted to stay for his senior season to try to win an NCAA title. That QB had a down year his senior season and dropped to the 27th pick of the 1983 draft--right to the Miami Dolphins. All Dan Marino did after that was break every major NFL passing record in existence.

If I was running, say, the Seattle Seahawks and needed a kid to groom behind Hasselbeck (assuming Charlie Whitehurst doesn't pan out), I'd pick up Snead in a heartbeat.

OLE'BULL
04-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
To be fair, he didn't leave Texas because he 'couldn't hack it'. He just wasn't going to get playing time behind Colt, and to have a shot at the NFL, he needed some exposure. I wish him luck; liked how he practiced, but never enjoyed the way he carried himself on campus. Just my opinion though.

My words might have been a bit harsh. I just picture a QB as a competitor. One who is loyal to his team, who would do anything to make them better. Even if it meant riding the pines for the whole time McCoy is there, running scout team and preparing the defense. Then be ready when his number is called his senior year. So many kids in Texas would kill to be the back up QB for TU, then start as a senior. That being said, I have never been in his situation.

STANG RED
04-28-2010, 09:47 AM
My words might have been a bit harsh. I just picture a QB as a competitor. One who is loyal to his team, who would do anything to make them better. Even if it meant riding the pines for the whole time McCoy is there, running scout team and preparing the defense. Then be ready when his number is called his senior year. So many kids in Texas would kill to be the back up QB for TU, then start as a senior. That being said, I have never been in his situation.

I think your being a bit unrealistic. I would have done exactley what he did in the blink of an eye. The guy could see the writing on the wall, and made the right move.
I think he has all the tools, and should be given a fair chance by some team. Theres a good chance he might jump up and surprise somebody. And if not, so what, its not like its going to cost them a bundle to give him a good look. I wish him well.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-28-2010, 09:49 AM

But he wouldn't have even started as a senior. He and Colt had the same amount of eligibility when they began to compete, and during the time they recruited a fourth QB (John Chiles) to fit the VY mold. Jevan didn't redshirt until he transferred over, and would have never seen the field at Texas, as I don't see Mack redshirting him as a sophomore to get one season of eligibility (especially when you see Texas recruited GG and Connor Wood to take over for future teams). I understand the point of being loyal, but when you're a top tier recruit out of high school like Snead was, you play college football (just like non-athletes go to college) to get yourself a job. He wasn't going to work himself into a job at Texas.

playnhurt
04-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Snead made a good career decision by transferring to Ole Miss but I think leaving the Rebels to enter the draft was a bad choice considering the season he just had. I wish him the best of luck with the Bucs.

WestTxschwab
04-28-2010, 02:33 PM
prcatice squad at best this year, would be great for the db's.