PDA

View Full Version : Single Site State Championship Info

Matthew328
04-27-2010, 08:36 AM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=798&tid=133391629&mid=133391629&sid=984&style=2

waterboy
04-27-2010, 08:55 AM
I wouldn't mind a state championship game being played in Cowboys Stadium. I don't think those teams in South Texas will go for that, though. I also don't like the idea of games being played on Thursdays even though 3A won't be affected initially. How will the revenue be divided? It seems that some of the teams would be adversely affected in the revenue. Will there be ticket holdovers for the later games?

Matthew328
04-27-2010, 09:03 AM
I am sure DFW 5A teams aren't real thrilled about playing in San Antonio either but hey its worked so far. LOL No idea how the ticket revenue is divided up for 5A's right now.

As for the teams going for it, well if the UIL says it will be so...it will be so...

Pick6
04-27-2010, 09:26 AM
That will be an empty stadium thursday all day and friday morning.

Matthew328
04-27-2010, 09:42 AM
I bet a lot of people take off on Thursday and Friday to go watch....I know I would.

Green Bling
04-27-2010, 10:08 AM
I like the idea of one site, but have always thought it should be Memorial Stadium at UT. State capital, home of UIL, central location, great facilities...
This is where my high school team (Donna Redskins) won our state championship game. Great experience!! Great memories!!

Ranger Mom
04-27-2010, 10:09 AM
When we made it to the State Championship....the team would have gladly gone anywhere in Texas to play!!!

The fans would have gladly gone anywhere to watch them play!!!!

lostaussie
04-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
When we made it to the State Championship....the team would have gladly gone anywhere in Texas to play!!!

The fans would have gladly gone anywhere to watch them play!!!! you are correct...........if you win your fans will follow..............anywhere!!!!

Matthew328
04-27-2010, 11:27 AM
DKR isn't feasible with it not being a domed stadium, UIL wants climate controlled.

NastySlot
04-27-2010, 11:38 AM
the fans of teams playing will go no matter where it is.........the average fan from around the state idk........not so much distance but cost to attend......Cowboys stadium, parking eating and drinks ain't going to be cheap..................but i'm sure the uil is ok with this... the local average fan from the dfw area will be there....spending money.

Matthew328
04-27-2010, 12:13 PM
It'll become an event like the state basketball tournament, I know guys who live out of state and take off work every year to come watch that thing.

Its what I'll do, when its in San Antonio I'll take off work 2 days and go watch...it'll become a yearly ritual

pirate4state
04-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
It'll become an event like the state basketball tournament, I know guys who live out of state and take off work every year to come watch that thing.

Its what I'll do, when its in San Antonio I'll take off work 2 days and go watch...it'll become a yearly ritual no sh!t! some people act like the date is just gonna sneak up on 'em. we know the date every year. now, we will know the location. if you want to go, make your plans! it's not hard people. :rolleyes:

TheDOCTORdre
04-27-2010, 01:26 PM
sounds like i have my plans for the weekend before Christmas, throw in some last minute Christmas shopping on SUnday and its a good deal

Ranger Mom
04-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
no sh!t! some people act like the date is just gonna sneak up on 'em. we know the date every year. now, we will know the location. if you want to go, make your plans! it's not hard people. :rolleyes:

Kind of like our track meet ritual.....only this year we aren't going!!!!!!:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Too many vet bills and a "KiKi's Korner" to finish up!!!!

pirate4state
04-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Kind of like our track meet ritual.....only this year we aren't going!!!!!!:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Too many vet bills and a "KiKi's Korner" to finish up!!!! awwww :( that sucks. I'm still hoping to go this year! :)

NastySlot
04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Its what I'll do, when its in San Antonio I'll take off work 2 days and go watch...it'll become a yearly ritual

i always thought it was you work?

Matthew328
04-27-2010, 03:59 PM
I have a real job too. LOL

mwynn05
04-27-2010, 05:25 PM
it wont be empty thursday it will be like the basketball state tourney for football coaches....they will use it as a clinic and they school will pay for their tickets hotel etc and coaches all of the state will go

lange4
04-27-2010, 09:42 PM
We talking same location for both divisions. 2 weeks in a row.

sinton66
04-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Don't like it at all. They want a dome, build it in Austin.

bigwood33
04-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by lange4
We talking same location for both divisions. 2 weeks in a row.

According to Matt, 1A and 2A will be adding a playoff team per district and the district champs will get a first round bye. If this happens, all of the championships except 3A Div 1 will be the same weekend.

buckeyebob
04-28-2010, 05:42 AM
I guess I missed it...why would they split 3A?

sinton66
04-28-2010, 06:20 AM
I think any team having to travel more than four hours should be able to opt out of the single site and select a neutral site as they do now.

Matthew328
04-28-2010, 06:45 AM
3A Div. 2 would only be a 32 team bracket thus would be played a week earlier...every other Division would have 48 or 64 teams.

I didnt mention in the original post that this is just for 2010 I do envision a Arlington, Houston, San Antonio rotation.

Everyone in 5A hated the single site idea but its worked out OK. I am sure Trinity hasn't been thrilled that they've had to play Judson and Westlake in San Antonio but they seem to have done all right.

I see the pro's and con's of both without a doubt. I love it because I can see all the games at once and make a weekend of it (which I will do every year).

Bottom line the UIL wants this, it might not make sense but it makes life easy for them and they are in charge...when you are in charge it only needs to make sense to you.