PDA

View Full Version : What a draft for the Eagles!!

LE Dad
04-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Since I didn't see a thread dedicated to the Eagles draft I thought I would start one.

Does anyone know who Philly has picked thus far??

More importantly does anyone care??

garciap77
04-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Since I didn't see a thread dedicated to the Eagles draft I thought I would start one.

Does anyone know who Philly has picked thus far??

More importantly does anyone care??

:D

LE Dad
04-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Huh, thought this board has some Philly fans on it.... Guess not.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Trashman
04-24-2010, 05:32 PM
It's philly....who cares....:D

kaorder1999
04-24-2010, 05:54 PM
philly drafted a kid i coached! UGGHHH

Keith7
04-24-2010, 05:57 PM
The Eagles actually addressed their needs, unlike some other teams in their division that went for the big name :doh:

95mustang
04-24-2010, 06:58 PM
I didn't realize there were 22 rounds to the draft.

TheDOCTORdre
04-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
The Eagles actually addressed their needs, unlike some other teams in their division that went for the big name :doh:

the eagles are gonna finish third in the division behind the 'Boys and the Giants

Keith7
04-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
the eagles are gonna finish third in the division behind the 'Boys and the Giants

:doh: :doh:

SintonPirateFan
04-24-2010, 10:17 PM
it doesn't matter who they drafted, philly fans will hate them in 6 months.

garciap77
04-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Huh, thought this board has some Philly fans on it.... Guess not.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Who's Philly?

;)

LE Dad
04-24-2010, 11:10 PM
... unlike some other teams in their division that went for the big name :doh: Stay on topic Keith this thread is about The Eagles...

So why don't you drop a few names on us and how you think they will impact your team??:nerd:

Gobbler Fan
04-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Who's Philly?

;)

The Cowboy's red headed step child ... and thats not going to change in the near future .

espn1
04-25-2010, 12:11 AM
philly is a very consistent team. They suck every year.

Keith7
04-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Stay on topic Keith this thread is about The Eagles...

So why don't you drop a few names on us and how you think they will impact your team??:nerd:

Here's what you need to know:

Eagles draft grade: B+

Cowgirls: B-

per ESPN draft grades

Bull's-eye
04-25-2010, 10:31 AM

Passing up the best players available, just to satisfy your needs, is poor drafting. Most successful teams will draft the BPA on their board.

Dallas wasn't hurting at the receiver positions, but they definitely could upgrade the inconsistent play of Roy Williams. Safety & OL were their main areas of concern and most of the top tier players at those positions were already gone. So, do you take your 7th rated tackle or pick the top rated receiver?

Bull's-eye
04-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Here's what you need to know:

Eagles draft grade: B+

Cowgirls: B-

per ESPN draft grades

Their guess is as good as the next guy. We will have to wait a few years to tell which teams had a better draft.

Philly had the better opportunity to have a better draft because of a poorer record and the fact they traded McNabb to the skins.

DDBooger
04-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Passing up the best players available, just to satisfy your needs, is poor drafting. Most successful teams will draft the BPA on their board.
It's worked wonders for the Pats and Colts and most teams who never draft below 24. Denver's coach tried pulling a Beliicheck and garnering picks, but I think he had a terrible draft. Just my opinion.

Keith7
04-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Their guess is as good as the next guy. We will have to wait a few years to tell which teams had a better draft.

Philly had the better opportunity to have a better draft because of a poorer record and the fact they traded McNabb to the skins.

Their grades are based on drafting needs and getting talent in those positions like good teams do..

The cowgirls could of had the fourth best offensive tackle (not the seventh) or the third best safety but instead they took the second best wide receiver :doh: that's not smart drafting.. Add the fact that the wide receiver they took is a cry baby primadonna and you can now see why they the experts are laughing at the cowgirls draft

Keith7
04-25-2010, 11:45 AM
The cowturds needed to draft well because they are getting old a lot faster than people realize, instead they blow their top picks on a player with character issues and another with injury issues. This was a horrible draft for the girls, its to see their fans try to fluff what they did

Mpiratefan_2009
04-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Keith, Come on your a clown! Philly could have drafted the 10 best and are still not going to beat the Cowgirls or Cowturds or whatever other original name that we have never heard the Cowboys called. Beat y'all 3 times this year and plenty more to come. McNabb was the only one on Philly that ever consistently hurt the Cowboys, and Philly was dumb enough to trade him, (within the division, which will come back to bite them atleast 2 times this year)!! Come on have some brains if you try to bash. And maybe philly will win a super bowl sometime before you die, cause I'm only 30 and have seen 2 of the Boys 5. And please quit talking about primadonna recievers when Philly just took MR. PRIMADONNA De'Sean Jackson. Next time, come with something stronger then your statements, cause you really have nothing!

TheDOCTORdre
04-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Add the fact that the wide receiver they took is a cry baby primadonna and you can now see why they the experts are laughing at the cowgirls draft

whoa, whoa, whoa!!! I had no idea you were drafted by the Cowboys. And if the experts are laughing at a B- drft by the Boys then they must be laughing at the B+ of the Eagles as soon as they get done with the Boys. What a joke, if the experts are experts why are they making fun of a B-? Unless they graded the draft results wrong which probably mean the Eagles B+ is wrong too

Keith7
04-25-2010, 12:47 PM
whoa, whoa, whoa!!! I had no idea you were drafted by the Cowboys. And if the experts are laughing at a B- drft by the Boys then they must be laughing at the B+ of the Eagles as soon as they get done with the Boys. What a joke, if the experts are experts why are they making fun of a B-? Unless they graded the draft results wrong which probably mean the Eagles B+ is wrong too

Because B- puts them near the bottom of the league

LE Dad
04-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Because B- puts them near the bottom of the league Wow a B- is near the bottom?

All I can say is that in the way of publicity I would rate it an A+. Cowboy fans and haters alike are talking about the Bryant pick and Jerry Jones will be the first to tell you that talk turns to $$.

I am still curious as to how Philly will run minus McNabb and Westbrook? I wonder if there will be a QB question with Kolb and Dog Killer? Should be interesting and will a B+ draft really cover all of the holes they have.

Keith7
04-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Wow a B- is near the bottom?

All I can say is that in the way of publicity I would rate it an A+. Cowboy fans and haters alike are talking about the Bryant pick and Jerry Jones will be the first to tell you that talk turns to $$.

I am still curious as to how Philly will run minus McNabb and Westbrook? I wonder if there will be a QB question with Kolb and Dog Killer? Should be interesting and will a B+ draft really cover all of the holes they have.

Yes B- puts them ranked at 19th best draft.. The Eagle's B+ was ranked fifth best.. I guess the cowgirls have set the bar low though.. so keep patting yourself on the back :rolleyes:

Wow publicity!! cool! I bet you feel special! Didn't you guys get publicity with pac man jones and to signings? How well did that work out for you? :doh: I should have known that cowgirls fans are more for making jerry jones money than getting wins :doh: :doh:

In case you didn't know, the Eagles have been without Westbrook for about the last year and a half because of injury, it's not going to hurt them as bad as the cowgirl fans seem to think

LE Dad
04-25-2010, 01:38 PM
:doh: I should have known that cowgirls fans are more for making jerry jones money than getting wins :doh: :doh:
3-0 against Philly last year:thinking: Hmmm I am gonna say that says it all and with the addition of Dez I think the streak just might continue.:D

Keith7
04-25-2010, 01:59 PM
3-0 against Philly last year:thinking: Hmmm I am gonna say that says it all and with the addition of Dez I think the streak just might continue.:D

You're facing a new team this year.. One addressed its short comings in the offeseason while the cowgirls may have taken a step back with out flozel or hamlin

Bull's-eye
04-25-2010, 02:32 PM
The Cowboys needed to draft well because they are getting old a lot faster than people realize,

In 2009, the Cowboys had an average age of 26.93, compared to the Eagles at 26.81. Dallas ranked #16 out of the 32 teams. The Cowboys released Flozell adams, who would of been 35 to start the 2010 season. Most of the Cowboys nucleus are relatively young, except for LB Keith Brooking. Backup QB Kitna is one of their oldest players, which inflates their average.

TheDOCTORdre
04-25-2010, 02:37 PM
In 2009, the Cowboys had an average age of 26.93, compared to the Eagles at 26.81. Dallas ranked #16 out of the 32 teams. The Cowboys released Flozell adams, who would of been 35 to start the 2010 season. Most of the Cowboys nucleus are relatively young, except for LB Keith Brooking. Backup QB Kitna is one of their oldest players, which inflates their average.

Dont tell him that though because he picks and chooses which arguement to use when it fits him. Hell according to him last year McNabb was the best damn quarterback in the league and this year it was like thank goodness we got rid of that quarterback who always choked and was injury prone. Keith is like a teenage girl-about as fickle as they come

DDBooger
04-25-2010, 02:40 PM
My gosh Keith can still pull peoples strings like no other.

Keith7
04-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Romo = 30
Newman = 32
Witten = 28
Roy Williams = 30
Leonard Davis = 31
Keith Brooking = 35
old, old, old, old

they are getting old.. You say the cowgirls were dragged down by players like Kitna but couldn't the same be said about Akers, McNabb, Westbrook and Trotter? Kind of a dumb arguement you made if you ask me..

As for me saying McNabb is the best QB in the league last year, Ha! I never said that and I challenge you to find me saying that. You make up the facts in your arguments as much as a conservative dre

Txbroadcaster
04-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Romo = 30
Newman = 32
Witten = 28
Roy Williams = 30
Leonard Davis = 31
Keith Brooking = 35
old, old, old, old

=

no doubt age at some positions age is a concern...of course you gave 7 players out of 22 starters to say old..meaning 15 players left...you also say someone like Witten is old...28 is prime playing age...30 is not bad for a QB either( RB is where 30 becomes the problem) depending on health Romo can play 5 more quality years EASILY.

But I will take an average age of 26 for a team anyday. Means you have a good mix of youth and veteran leadership.

Now as far as the draft..I like what both Dallas nd Philly did. Eagles had alot of picks and it LOOKS like they filled some holes they had.

Dallas we all know went into looking for T,S and WR...Value was not there for top picks for T and S. They did the smart thing and went talent over need.

They drafted their Right Tackle of the future in the later rounds and drafted a project at S. They added depth in their DL and LB corp.

Not bad imo when they were not loaded with picks

Bull's-eye
04-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Their grades are based on drafting needs and getting talent in those positions like good teams do..

The Cowboyss could of had the fourth best offensive tackle (not the seventh) or the third best safety but instead they took the second best wide receiver

Offensive tackles Williams, Okung, Davis & Bulaga were picked before Dallas got their pick. The Cowboys liked interior linemen Iapati & Pouncey, but they were also gone. Dallas loved safety Earl Thomas, but didn't give Mays or Allen a first round grade. Most NFL teams agreed with them, they both went later in the 2nd round. Dallas had targeted Thomas, Iapati & Bryant, they would of more than likely traded back if Bryant wasn't available. FYI, a lot of teams and draft experts had Bryant as the top receiver.

TheDOCTORdre
04-25-2010, 03:10 PM

As for me saying McNabb is the best QB in the league last year, Ha! I never said that and I challenge you to find me saying that. You make up the facts in your arguments as much as a conservative dre

please forgive me you just said he was the greatest quarterback ever

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101490&perpage=15&highlight=mcnabb&pagenumber=4

TheDOCTORdre
04-25-2010, 03:17 PM
oh and in this thread you were talking about how McNabb was coming off one of his greatest seasons ever and how he was nowhere close to done

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95876&perpage=15&highlight=donovan&pagenumber=2

Keith7
04-25-2010, 03:21 PM
please forgive me you just said he was the greatest quarterback ever

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101490&perpage=15&highlight=mcnabb&pagenumber=4

In his prime.. That was 6 years ago :doh:

I guess the people who voted for Marino and Elway think they are still the league's top QB?

Keith7
04-25-2010, 03:25 PM
oh and in this thread you were talking about how McNabb was coming off one of his greatest seasons ever and how he was nowhere close to done

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95876&perpage=15&highlight=donovan&pagenumber=2

Saying he was coming off his best season of his career and far from done before last season is far saying he is "the best QB in the league".. :doh:

Keith7
04-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Dez Bryant will give the cowgirls Patrick Crayton's production with a Brandon Marshall headache and price tag

TheDOCTORdre
04-25-2010, 03:28 PM
In his prime.. That was 6 years ago :doh:

I guess the people who voted for Marino and Elway think they are still the league's top QB?

keith I said please forgive me...aand by the way you had mcnabb as the fourth best qb in the leagues last year, forgive me I should have said you thought he was one of the best in the league last year

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93971&highlight=mcnabb

Keith7
04-25-2010, 03:31 PM
keith I said please forgive me...aand by the way you had mcnabb as the fourth best qb in the leagues last year, forgive me I should have said you thought he was one of the best in the league last year

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93971&highlight=mcnabb

I still never said he was the best like you said :doh:

Besides that thread is almost a year old. A lot has changed since then

TheDOCTORdre
04-25-2010, 03:39 PM
I still never said he was the best like you said :doh:

Besides that thread is almost a year old. A lot has changed since then

thus the please forgive me, come on keith were kicking a dead horse now...and alot has changed is my exact point how last year you were proclaiming McNabb was an elite qb in the league and kolb was a joke and now this year you call McNabb an over the hill QB
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103869&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

I'm just pointing out the fickleness of a jr high eagirl

Txbroadcaster
04-25-2010, 03:44 PM
BTW Keith you keep bringing up ESPN and Draft grades

ESPN.com also has a new formula to evaluate and rank how each team did in the draft. It factors in team needs and veteran players acquired in trades for draft picks. The Seahawks are No. 1 in these rankings. The Cowboys were tied for No. 7, second best in the NFC East behind the Redskins (tied for fourth). The Eagles are ranked No. 14, and the Giants are all the way down at No. 30.

Keith7
04-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
BTW Keith you keep bringing up ESPN and Draft grades

ESPN.com also has a new formula to evaluate and rank how each team did in the draft. It factors in team needs and veteran players acquired in trades for draft picks. The Seahawks are No. 1 in these rankings. The Cowboys were tied for No. 7, second best in the NFC East behind the Redskins (tied for fourth). The Eagles are ranked No. 14, and the Giants are all the way down at No. 30.

link please

TheDOCTORdre
04-25-2010, 04:01 PM
link please

where is your link for you draft grades?

Txbroadcaster
04-25-2010, 04:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys

LE Dad
04-25-2010, 04:09 PM
:clap: :clap: Classic Keith... Give him a thread to discuss the Eagles draft and he turns it into a Cowboys discussion.

Closet Boys fan?? I think so!:D

Pick6
04-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
My gosh Keith can still pull peoples strings like no other.

It would be funny if Keith was smart enough to pull chains. He's just showing his lack of knowledge and jealousy.

Pick6
04-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Closet Boys fan?? I think so!:D

Closet? Keith7? :thinking:

Keith7
04-25-2010, 05:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys

On that blog I see a reference to the Mel Kiper grades (which is what I was talking about) and then later a link to the ESPN DALLAS individual draft grades (cowgirl homers).. Maybe I over looked the formula you were talking about

forum_guy
04-25-2010, 06:07 PM
unlike everyone on here when looking at this from an unbiased point of view the eagles clearly had a better draft than dallas. That's not even really debatable IMO. They addressed their needs while dallas got a TOP WR that will not solve their other problems

Txbroadcaster
04-25-2010, 07:07 PM
On that blog I see a reference to the Mel Kiper grades (which is what I was talking about) and then later a link to the ESPN DALLAS individual draft grades (cowgirl homers).. Maybe I over looked the formula you were talking about

look in same post about Kiper's grades it says

See the full rankings here (Insider).

sinton66
04-25-2010, 07:55 PM
look in same post about Kiper's grades it says

See the full rankings here (Insider).

Uh oh, now you're confusing him with facts.:D

Keith7
04-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Uh oh, now you're confusing him with facts.:D

You mean a formula as screwy as the BCS.. That doesn't hold much weight..

LE Dad
04-25-2010, 09:39 PM
You mean a formula as screwy as the BCS.. That doesn't hold much weight.. :thinking: So let me get this straight, the formula that has Philly ahead of Dallas is "dead on", but the formula that puts Dallas ahead is skrewy.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ESPN putting both out there shows how subjective rating drafts can be. The only way anyone will know who had the best draft will be to revisit this in a couple of years.

Bull's-eye
04-25-2010, 10:31 PM
The Eagles ended up picking 13 players, with 10 of those coming in the 4th round or later. Why draft this many players? Are they expecting a huge turnover? Is the current Eagle team that bad that they are going to replace 13 players? How many of those end up being wasted draft picks? All this ammo and they settle for the bargain players. Most GM's would of turn those picks into more 1st, 2nd & 3rd round picks.

The Eagles draft 13 players and they receive a B+ grade. Dallas picks 6 players and they receive a B- grade. Does this tell us something? :thinking:

bandera7
04-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Tom Brady. Marion Barber. Brandon Jacobs. TJ Houshmandzadeh. Matt Birk. Shaun Phillips. Jared Allen. Brandon Marshall. Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila. Cato June. Marques Colston. Al Harris. Donald Driver. Asante Samuel. Adalius Thomas.

Im sure nobody wants any of those guys on their teams, because none of them were drafted in the first three rounds. Bad drafting by the Eagles, getting guys in the later rounds. Nothing good comes from rounds 4-7

Bull's-eye
04-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Sure you can find good players in the later rounds, but the odds are not in your favor. I think the Eagles received a B+ because their draft was more bottom heavy. You get 13 picks and don't make an A?

bandera7
04-25-2010, 11:58 PM
The Eagles, since Andy Reid, have been very very good at filling in spots in the later rounds. Finding those guys that will never be stars but can succeed within the system that the Eagles have set in place. Thats the way they draft, and they are very good at it

Pick6
04-26-2010, 06:21 AM
McShay and Kiper's best pick in the NFC East, Dez Bryant

McShay and Kiper's worst pick in the NFC East, Eagles 3rd round pick, Daniel Te’o-Nesheim

forum_guy
04-26-2010, 07:15 AM
It is impossible to post anything negative about the cowboys on here because everyone is so biased so it's probably best to just keep your comments to yourself.

Farmersfan
04-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by forum_guy
It is impossible to post anything negative about the cowboys on here because everyone is so biased so it's probably best to just keep your comments to yourself.

And the "negative" comments agaisnt the Cowboys aren't biased???? Check out the links that were posted and then come back and tell us who posted biased nonsense!

LE Dad
04-26-2010, 08:15 AM
It is impossible to post anything negative about the cowboys on here because everyone is so biased so it's probably best to just keep your comments to yourself. What makes that post so funny is this thread was started to give Eagles fans a chance to tout what was supposedly a very successful draft, but has turned into a comparison of Eagles draft vs Cowboys draft. My question is are there REALLY any Eagles fans on here or are there just Cowboy haters?

BullsFan
04-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
The Eagles, since Andy Reid, have been very very good at filling in spots in the later rounds. Finding those guys that will never be stars but can succeed within the system that the Eagles have set in place. Thats the way they draft, and they are very good at it s

They may be good at it, but it hasn't gotten them much notable success on the field. Especially against Dallas.

Txbroadcaster
04-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
s

They may be good at it, but it hasn't gotten them much notable success on the field. Especially against Dallas.

ehh not so fast..yes Dallas has won 3 straight, but Andy Reid has won more than he has lost agianst Dallas

FbCoachB40
04-26-2010, 09:00 AM

So why don't you follow your own advise...?

BullsFan
04-26-2010, 09:40 AM
ehh not so fast..yes Dallas has won 3 straight, but Andy Reid has won more than he has lost agianst Dallas

His total record against Dallas his good, so I will retract that part of my original statement. (Although the years he beat a very very weak Dallas team I don't attribute entirely to his skills as a coach, and his record against strong Dallas teams isn't nearly as pretty, last year being a good example.) But in most NFL towns and I would guess most especially in Philly, it doesn't mean much unless you win a big one. Talk about choking--that much postseason time without a ring? That's gotta hurt.

LE Dad
04-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
...it doesn't mean much unless you win a big one. Talk about choking--that much postseason time without a ring? That's gotta hurt. Nah, just as long as ESPN gives them a better draft grade than Dallas it is a great day in Philly... I am sure their fans were overturning cars and sitting trashcans on fire in celebration.:devil:

BullsFan
04-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Nah, just as long as ESPN gives them a better draft grade than Dallas it is a great day in Philly... I am sure their fans were overturning cars and sitting trashcans on fire in celebration.:devil:

In celebration? Dude, that's like their favorite pastime. ;)

Keith7
04-26-2010, 11:03 AM
LOL cowgirl fans talking about choking.. I guess that's only fitting considering that's what the turds are good at.. I mean when was the last time you won something meaningful?? You've won ONE playoff game in the past 14 years and now you guys have a dynasty going on??? give me a break :doh:

Keith7
04-26-2010, 11:07 AM
I love how cowgirl fans have made a thread about the Eagles draft and turned it into 5 pages of discussion.. Looks like we have a lot of closet Eagle fans on this board

Pick6
04-26-2010, 11:21 AM
I mean when was the last time you won something meaningful??

There's only one meaningful game a year. When was the last time Philly won that game?

BullsFan
04-26-2010, 11:24 AM
I love how cowgirl fans have made a thread about the Eagles draft and turned it into 5 pages of discussion.. Looks like we have a lot of closet Eagle fans on this board

Discussion about what...? Mostly looks like Cowboys discussion. But I think it was someone else who started talking about the Cowboys first. Now who could that have been.... :D

LE Dad
04-26-2010, 11:25 AM
The Eagles actually addressed their needs, unlike some other teams in their division that went for the big name :doh: ...and here is the guilty Cowgirl poster.:clap: :clap:

What is the theory behind this. Philly sucks and you know it, or that in fact you could care less about Philly and just like to bash Dallas.:confused: :confused:

LE Dad
04-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
There's only one meaningful game a year. When was the last time Philly won that game? What is.... NEVER Alex.

Pretty sure that was a Jeopardy question under the category of "Dismal sports citys":D

garciap77
04-26-2010, 11:53 AM
LOL cowgirl fans talking about choking.. I guess that's only fitting considering that's what the turds are good at.. I mean when was the last time you won something meaningful?? You've won ONE playoff game in the past 14 years and now you guys have a dynasty going on??? give me a break :doh:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Keith7
04-26-2010, 12:59 PM
What is.... NEVER Alex.

Pretty sure that was a Jeopardy question under the category of "Dismal sports citys":D

Hate to throw this out there cuz the only team in Philadelphia I follow is the Eagles but "dismal sports city" would be incorrect for Philly. In fact they have more championships in the four major sports than Dallass does :doh:

LE Dad
04-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Hate to throw this out there cuz the only team in Philadelphia I follow is the Eagles but "dismal sports city" would be incorrect for Philly. In fact they have more championships in the four major sports than Dallass does :doh: All I am concerned with is football, and yes Philly will always be a dismal sports city when it comes to football.

Don't be a hater Keith. :D

I would still like to hear from a Philly fan how they feel about their teams draft? Not what ESPN thinks, or how superior it was to the Cowboys. Drop some names on me and what you think they will do for your team.:cool:

Pick6
04-26-2010, 02:04 PM

With Keith's logic Andy Reid is a thug and philly should be ashamed they have him.

TheDOCTORdre
04-26-2010, 02:54 PM

lets see who brought the Boys in to the discussion

come on Keith how about you actually give us some insight onto the eagles draft instead of turning it into a cowboys bashing thread. You ask us to give you a break but give us a break and actually post something thats of worth.

Keith7
04-26-2010, 02:56 PM
All these Eagles lovers on this thread .. I have some extra jerseys if you guys want to borrow to wear next year.. Being a Philadelphia fan is a lot of fun, you can actually look past the first round of the playoffs every year!

TheDOCTORdre
04-26-2010, 03:00 PM
All these Eagles lovers on this thread .. I have some extra jerseys if you guys want to borrow to wear next year.. Being a Philadelphia fan is a lot of fun, you can actually look past the first round of the playoffs every year!

what about last year:doh:

that was too easy

Keith7
04-26-2010, 03:03 PM
what about last year:doh:

that was too easy

1 playoff win in 14 years and the cowgirls fans feel like they won the super bowl.. man it must be sad to be a turd fan

TheDOCTORdre
04-26-2010, 03:07 PM
1 playoff win in 14 years and the cowgirls fans feel like they won the super bowl.. man it must be sad to be a turd fan

must be even sadder to be an eagle fan, which by the way doesnt know what it feels like to win the super bowl once much less 5 time

All-Time Philadelphia Eagles Playoff Record --> 19 - 18

All-Time Eagles Super Bowl Record --> 0 - 2

Ranger Mom
04-26-2010, 03:17 PM
I can't even take this thread seriously!

I can't get the past the fact that a supposedly "grown man" would call the cowboys either "cowgirls" or "cowturds."

And you others calling the Eagles..."Eagirls" are just as silly!!!

:p

waterboy
04-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
And you others calling the Eagles..."Eagirls" are just as silly!!!

:p
How about Sheagles? Does that sound better?:D

TheDOCTORdre
04-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
How about Sheagles? Does that sound better?:D

and then there is Fagles

Ranger Mom
04-26-2010, 03:27 PM
and then there is Fagles

I have to admit, that one made me laugh for some reason!!!

:doh:

waterboy
04-26-2010, 03:28 PM
and then there is Fagles
Is that pronounced Faggles?:doh: :D

garciap77
04-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Is that pronounced Faggles?:doh: :D

LE Dad
04-26-2010, 03:49 PM
I can't even take this thread seriously!

I can't get the past the fact that a supposedly "grown man" ...

:p It's not a "grown man", it's Keith7.:D

garciap77
04-26-2010, 03:59 PM
It's not a "grown man", it's Keith7.:D

LE Dad
04-26-2010, 04:02 PM
All these Eagles lovers on this thread .. I have some extra jerseys if you guys want to borrow to wear next year.. Being a Philadelphia fan is a lot of fun, you can actually look past the first round of the playoffs every year! I am just wanting to know, from what I believe is a knowledgeable Eagle fan, how he felt they did in the draft.

I am beginning to wonder about my initial assumption now.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
04-26-2010, 04:19 PM
It's not a "grown man", it's Keith7.:D

Keith7 was a kid when I joined this board. I have been here 8 years this June.

Technically he is a grown man....but my oldest son is 24 and he may be grown but he's far from being mature!!!

I can't remember exactly how old Keith7 is, but I want to say he's older than my kids!!!

Bull's-eye
04-26-2010, 04:24 PM
I would like to know why they drafted 13 players? With 10 of those picks being in the 4th round or later, why not trade some of those picks and get more quality players in the first couple rounds? The Eagles aren't that bad of a team and I don't see them having that big of a turnover. The odds say that several of these picks won't make the team, why not go for more quality or trade for future picks?

Keith7
04-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Keith7 was a kid when I joined this board. I have been here 8 years this June.

Technically he is a grown man....but my oldest son is 24 and he may be grown but he's far from being mature!!!

I can't remember exactly how old Keith7 is, but I want to say he's older than my kids!!!

I'm 25 and a half now and (probably surprising to most) A LOT more mature than I was when I joined..

That being said the Eagles rule and the cowgirls drool

Keith7
04-26-2010, 05:09 PM
I would like to know why they drafted 13 players? With 10 of those picks being in the 4th round or later, why not trade some of those picks and get more quality players in the first couple rounds? The Eagles aren't that bad of a team and I don't see them having that big of a turnover. The odds say that several of these picks won't make the team, why not go for more quality or trade for future picks?

They took 13 players because they were filling needs.. It seems to me they figured the talent level between a late second round pick and a fourth round pick is not much different. They kind of went with the old Buddy Ryan method which means if you need a linebacker, draft three. Need a DE? draft three as well. You have a good chance at one of them being a good player and you add depth in the process.. Another thing the Eagles did was draft players that have "good motors" and are coachable. They stayed away from character issue guys and went with players that will fit their system. Thats why the Eagles' drafts have worked out better than someother NFC East team's have *cough* cowgirls *cough*

LE Dad
04-26-2010, 05:36 PM
They took 13 players because they were filling needs.. It seems to me they figured the talent level between a late second round pick and a fourth round pick is not much different. They kind of went with the old Buddy Ryan method which means if you need a linebacker, draft three. Need a DE? draft three as well. You have a good chance at one of them being a good player and you add depth in the process.. Another thing the Eagles did was draft players that have "good motors" and are coachable. They stayed away from character issue guys and went with players that will fit their system. Thats why the Eagles' drafts have worked out better than someother NFC East team's have *cough* cowgirls *cough* Character issues.... Did you just say character issues??

Which team has a former Federal prisoner on it roster?:confused: :confused:

Eagles may not have drafted him but they sure didn't stay away from him. :thinking:

LE Dad
04-26-2010, 05:39 PM
1 playoff win in 14 years and the cowgirls fans feel like they won the super bowl.. man it must be sad to be a turd fan 2 superbowl losses and the Eagles feel like ummmmm...

I will be nice.:p

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Keith7
04-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Character issues.... Did you just say character issues??

Eagles may not have drafted him but they sure didn't stay away from him. :thinking:

No way they would have taken him if he didn't commit to doing community work and cleaning up his act. Since returning he has been nothing but a class act

coach
04-26-2010, 05:47 PM
They took 13 players because they were filling needs.. It seems to me they figured the talent level between a late second round pick and a fourth round pick is not much different. They kind of went with the old Buddy Ryan method which means if you need a linebacker, draft three. Need a DE? draft three as well. You have a good chance at one of them being a good player and you add depth in the process.. Another thing the Eagles did was draft players that have "good motors" and are coachable. They stayed away from character issue guys and went with players that will fit their system. Thats why the Eagles' drafts have worked out better than someother NFC East team's have *cough* cowgirls *cough*

well that never worked for buddy ryan....0 super bowl wins

Bull's-eye
04-26-2010, 05:55 PM
They took 13 players because they were filling needs.. It seems to me they figured the talent level between a late second round pick and a fourth round pick is not much different.

I didn't think the Eagles were that bad off, they seem to have a lot of needs. The trade value chart shows that the Eagles 2nd round (#55) was worth 350 points, compared to 4th round picks that range from 54-112.

LE Dad
04-26-2010, 06:33 PM
No way they would have taken him if he didn't commit to doing community work and cleaning up his act. Since returning he has been nothing but a class act Oh just wait. Now that McNabb is gone, I think your class act may turn into a class a$$, if he doesn't get that #1 QB slot.:thinking:

Ranger Mom
04-26-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm 25 and a half now and (probably surprising to most) A LOT more mature than I was when I joined..

Weren't you in California shortly after you graduated, or am I thinking of another poster??

Keith7
04-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Weren't you in California shortly after you graduated, or am I thinking of another poster??

Yep that was me, I spent a semester with my uncle in California. I was a wee little lad back then

garciap77
04-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Character issues.... Did you just say character issues??

garciap77
04-26-2010, 07:37 PM

Pick6
04-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

Yeah, I know, it's hard to believe he could be more immature than he is now.

bandera7
04-26-2010, 10:18 PM
You keep asking for a reaction to the draft. I gave you one way way back. We drafted to fit our system. I am a huge huge Dez fan, I was so sad to see him go to Dallas. I was also hoping the Eagles would go after somebody like Taylor Mays in round 2, he has as big of an upside as anybody in this draft. But overall, I can't complain because Reid always does well on draft day.

That is my second reaction, please recognize it this time.

LE Dad
04-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
You keep asking for a reaction to the draft. I gave you one way way back. We drafted to fit our system. I am a huge huge Dez fan, I was so sad to see him go to Dallas. I was also hoping the Eagles would go after somebody like Taylor Mays in round 2, he has as big of an upside as anybody in this draft. But overall, I can't complain because Reid always does well on draft day.

That is my second reaction, please recognize it this time. I can buy that. :clap: :clap: