PDA

View Full Version : Second (or 3rd, 4th) marriages

Ranger Mom
04-23-2010, 09:58 AM
I know there are a few of us here whose first marriages didn't last.

I was wondering if you are on friendly terms with your "ex".

I haven't always been with mine....and it was mostly over child support when the kids were younger.

It is amazing how spending 2 years in prison made him finally grow up.

We are actually pretty good friends now.....I feel like I owe him something.....he did introduce me to my current husband.:D

Pick6
04-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Dad never paid child support and never saw any of us kids while we was growing up. Now my dad and step-dad have breakfast every weekend, mom goes every now and then, at the local cafe and have coffee there 3 or 4 times during the week. It seemed strange at first, but it sure makes it easier with everyone getting along.

Ranger Mom
04-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Dad never paid child support and never saw any of us kids while we was growing up. Now my dad and step-dad have breakfast every weekend, mom goes every now and then, at the local cafe and have coffee there 3 or 4 times during the week. It seemed strange at first, but it sure makes it easier with everyone getting along.

It really does!! My parents divorced when I was 10, they have always gotten along. In fact, when my mom's side of the family has family reunions, my dad and step mom are always invited!

My ex just started up a new company that has taken off, and he is in over his head as far as bookkeeping goes. I am now going to be keeping his books for him as a nice paying part-time job.

He doesn't want to hire anyone else, because he doesn't trust too many people, he knows he can trust me.

He and my husband have always remained pretty good friends, even when I was mad at him.

The "ex" refers to my husband as his "husband in law" :p

PPSTATEBOUND
04-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Ex wife took my little girl away from me and my side of the family for 12 years then collected $68,000 in child support while asking me to help put her through nursing school at the same time. I did all the above and never have been anythinged for the 12 years I missed. I dont speak to my daughters mother at all needless to say.

Ranger Mom
04-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Ex wife took my little girl away from me and my side of the family for 12 years then collected $68,000 in child support while asking me to help put her through nursing school at the same time. I did all the above and never have been reinburessed for the 12 years I missed. I dont speak to my daughters mother at all needless to say.

Oh yeah!! I remember us discussing this before. :(

PPSTATEBOUND
04-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Oh yeah!! I remember us discussing this before. :(

Hey on a good note..my Daughter is a practicing pediatric nurse in Houston, I will see her in June for my other daughters graduation..and she looks nothing like her mother.....:D

turbostud
04-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Why do women always threaten to take the kids away and never let the husband see them again? Do they not realize that does nothing but hurt the kids?

Ranger Mom
04-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Hey on a good note..my Daughter is a practicing pediatric nurse in Houston, I will see her in June for my other daughters graduation..and she looks nothing like her mother.....:D

Awesome!! Congrats.....and YAY!!!!:clap:

Ranger Mom
04-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
Why do women always threaten to take the kids away and never let the husband see them again? Do they not realize that does nothing but hurt the kids?

Not all women do that!!!!

I didn't....he just didn't see them much when they were younger, and we have always lived in the same town.

Now....that they are all older, he is trying his hardest to make up for lost time!!

They are slowly but surely learning to trust him!

MUSTANG69
04-23-2010, 10:40 AM
The "Sasquatch" (my ex wife) ran off to Oregon with my kids a few years after our divorce without giving me notice. We get along fine now as long as I don't have to see her or talk to her. My kids are grown now so there is no need for her to contact me about anything.

I nicknamed her the "Sasquatch" because of a picture I saw of her. She stands almost 6' tall and now weighs about 350 lbs. Anything that big and hairy has to be a Sasquatch. She ran off to Oregon to be with her own kind evidently.

Ranger Mom
04-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
The "Sasquatch" (my ex wife) ran off to Oregon with my kids a few years after our divorce without giving me notice. We get along fine now as long as I don't have to see her or talk to her. My kids are grown now so there is no need for her to contact me about anything.

I nicknamed her the "Sasquatch" because of a picture I saw of her. She stands almost 6' tall and now weighs about 350 lbs. Anything that big and hairy has to be a Sasquatch. She ran off to Oregon to be with her own kind evidently.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/clapping.gif

That made me laugh!!!!!!!

PPSTATEBOUND
04-23-2010, 10:52 AM
RM I'm LMAO..great pic.....:clap:

MUSTANG69
04-23-2010, 11:00 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/clapping.gif

That made me laugh!!!!!!!

When I saw that picture of the Sasquatch I was sitting at my mother's dining room table. She had been to Oregon to visit my kids when she took the picture. In the picture with the Sasquatch was her "sugar daddy". He was about 25 years older than her, 125 lbs. and obviously ready to meet his maker. I laughed so hard when I looked at the picture I fell out of my chair and just laid on my mother's dining room floor for about ten minutes until I could quit laughing. Spilled my coffee in the process.

LE Dad
04-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Why do women always threaten to take the kids away and never let the husband see them again? Do they not realize that does nothing but hurt the kids? That will never happen to me. Since my 17 year old was 1 1/2 years old I have had sole custody of him and my ex has zero visitation rights. She has seen him about 5 times his whole life. My last ex wife and I split custody of my 13 Y/O daughter. I get her about 166 days a year, plus she comes over after school every day. I pay no child support. My ex can move no more than 75 miles out of town and must give me notice any time she intends to move, at least 30 day prior.

Yes, I have a very good attorney.:D

LE Dad
04-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Not all women do that!!!!

I didn't....he just didn't see them much when they were younger, and we have always lived in the same town.

Now....that they are all older, he is trying his hardest to make up for lost time!!

They are slowly but surely learning to trust him! I constantly battle my last ex wife. She just cannot understand that if the 5th Friday is one week then the First Friday is the next week.:doh: which means I get back to back weekends. I have great visitation rights from the end of school Thursday till the beginning of school the following Monday. I ended this latest dispute yesterday by having my attorney contact her and explain this part of the decree yet again.:rolleyes:

MUSTANG69
04-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
That will never happen to me. Since my 17 year old was 1 1/2 years old I have had sole custody of him and my ex has zero visitation rights. She has seen him about 5 times his whole life. My last ex wife and I split custody of my 13 Y/O daughter. I get her about 166 days a year, plus she comes over after school every day. I pay no child support. My ex can move no more than 75 miles out of town and must give me notice any time she intends to move, at least 30 day prior.

Yes, I have a very good attorney.:D

I had pretty much the same terms in my divorce decree. She hauled ass out of state anyway. I find out there was not much I could do about it unless I had some very deep pockets. I think an additional court battle would have done more harm to my kids than anything I would have gained from pursuing the situation.

themsu97
04-23-2010, 11:11 AM
been married once, for 16 years now... and plan on keeping it that way

BILLYFRED0000
04-23-2010, 11:15 AM
My ex just went home and left the kids with me. She did not see them for 3 months and then filed for custody during the divorce. She violated a court order and pissed off the social worker covering the case. And I had a good lawyer. She did try to stay in the girls lives and I made the girls give her every opportunity because she was their mother and no matter what that means something. I used to think the bond was unbreakable. but I have been happily married almost 15 years now with two more and my oldest two call my wife mom and almost do not communicate with their real mother. they are grown women now and that is their call. My ex was not always good with child support but she did try and I give her credit for trying.

Ranger Mom
04-23-2010, 11:15 AM
I constantly battle my last ex wife. She just cannot understand that if the 5th Friday is one week then the First Friday is the next week.:doh: which means I get back to back weekends. I have great visitation rights from the end of school Thursday till the beginning of school the following Monday. I ended this latest dispute yesterday by having my attorney contact her and explain this part of the decree yet again.:rolleyes:

LOL!! I had a friend who had that same problem.

I had to explain to her that he didn't get them "every other weekend"....he got them on "odd number" weekends.....1st weekend, 3rd weekend...and if there happened to be a 5th weekend that month, he got them then too.....then it was the 1st weekend of the next month again.

I finally got her to understand!!!:doh: :doh:

Ranger Mom
04-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by themsu97

Good for you!!!:clap: :clap:

I stuck it out the first time for 11 years...but was either going to go insane or commit murder, so I kicked him out.

Next Monday I will have been "remarried" for 14 years......no thoughts of murder.......YET!!;)

LE Dad
04-23-2010, 11:19 AM
I had pretty much the same terms in my divorce decree. She hauled ass out of state anyway. I find out there was not much I could do about it unless I had some very deep pockets. I think an additional court battle would have done more harm to my kids than anything I would have gained from pursuing the situation. My wife is not the kind to tempt fate. She is too prim and proper.lol

MUSTANG69
04-23-2010, 11:23 AM
My wife is not the kind to tempt fate. She is too prim and proper.lol

My ex-wife was not prim and proper. She had a very bad memory problem. She couldn't ever remember what bed she was supposed to be sleeping in. God bless her soul.:D

Ranger Mom
04-23-2010, 11:26 AM
My ex-wife was not prim and proper. She had a very bad memory problem. She couldn't ever remember what bed she was supposed to be sleeping in. God bless her soul.:D

My ex suffered from that same malady!!

He couldn't tell the difference between mine and my sister's bed......even thought they were in completely different houses!!!:doh:

turbostud
04-23-2010, 11:27 AM
LOL!! I had a friend who had that same problem.

I had to explain to her that he didn't get them "every other weekend"....he got them on "odd number" weekends.....1st weekend, 3rd weekend...and if there happened to be a 5th weekend that month, he got them then too.....then it was the 1st weekend of the next month again.

I finally got her to understand!!!:doh: :doh:

Wow.. is it that hard to understand?

AP Panther Fan
04-23-2010, 11:33 AM

He couldn't tell the difference between mine and my sister's bed......even thought they were in completely different houses!!!:doh:

LOL:vrycnfsd:

My first one lasted 9 months (6 of which was the divorce process) so I don't even count it.;)

MUSTANG69
04-23-2010, 11:36 AM

It's funny how these wayward souls seem to get lost. MY always seem to the think our bedrooom was at our neighbors house. Must have been crowded down there. Him, my ex, and his wife. His wife was a big woman also.:rolleyes:

LE Dad
04-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Wow.. is it that hard to understand? Yes, apparently it is. She also has problems with Holidays. I did not realize how lucky I was with my first divorce. My family thinks she does it just to spite me, but it is usually her that ends up screaming, ranting and ultimately crying.

LE Dad
04-23-2010, 11:47 AM
It's funny how these wayward souls seem to get lost. MY always seem to the think our bedrooom was at our neighbors house. Must have been crowded down there. Him, my ex, and his wife. His wife was a big woman also.:rolleyes: Mine just liked to work late. I knew something was wrong and started to question and then poof she moved out and filed for divorce the same day. My attorney said lets get phone records and over 6000 texts were sent in one month between her and her boss. They would start at 2am and go until late the next night. Of course instead of having this come out she settled and agreed to almost everything I demanded. The only 2 things I didn't get were jointly paid insurance and to carry my daughter on my taxes.

Of course once the I's were dotted and the T's crossed she became unemployed, his wife received a package in the mail and he is now divorced too. :devil:

LE Dad
04-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
LOL:vrycnfsd:

My first one lasted 9 months (6 of which was the divorce process) so I don't even count it.;) I made it 5 years the first time, not alot of good memories at all with that one.

The second time I made it 15 years... If the trend continues, next time should be at least 45!!!

I really learned alot about relationships with this last one. I am not making the same mistake again.

pancho villa
04-23-2010, 11:55 AM
I have been married once for 25 years. Ms Villa is trained just right now.

garciap77
04-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by themsu97

Me too! Going on 31 years!:)

garciap77
04-23-2010, 12:03 PM
I made it 5 years the first time, not alot of good memories at all with that one.

The second time I made it 15 years... If the trend continues, next time should be at least 45!!!

I really learned alot about relationships with this last one. I am not making the same mistake again.

Dang LE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

pancho villa
Originally posted by garciap77

31 you got me beat.

Pick6

Pick6
04-23-2010, 12:05 PM

only once and 18 years so far.

pancho villa
04-23-2010, 12:05 PM
I made it 5 years the first time, not alot of good memories at all with that one.

Marry for money next time

LE Dad
04-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Marry for money next time :D I am working on that right now!!:p

LE Dad
04-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Dang LE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D LOL, Women love me... for a little while anyways.:D

garciap77
04-23-2010, 12:20 PM
:D I am working on that right now!!:p

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/money_is_the_root_of_all_evil_tshir.jpg

;)

garciap77
04-23-2010, 12:21 PM
LOL, Women love me... for a little while anyways.:D

LE Nova!!!!!:D

Ranger Mom
04-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Marry for money next time

That's what I said I was gonna do that second go-around.......and then that damn love thing got in the way!!!!:dispntd:

Ex-Tiger2005
04-23-2010, 01:26 PM
from some of these posts i hope i never get divorced...i would die without my son :inlove:

maroogreen
04-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Here's a little story from the (NOT) great state of Iowa for ya:

My sister is an engineer. She caught her husband cheating with a woman he supervised both at work and at play. My sister filed for divorce and found out she was pregnant by the idiot. He left and moved in with his mistress and her children of various parentage. Never came back once in the entire pregnancy. Showed up at the hospital as she was giving birth. Sister found out a week after her child was born that the mistress would be giving birth as well in a couple of months.

Divorce had to be rescheduled because judge called in sick. Her husband, not wanting to pay child support as REQUIRED by Iowa law (my sister is more than capable of supporting the child), filed for temporary joint physical custody of a 3-month-old breast-fed baby...AND GOT IT! So my sister had to send her baby to live with the idiot and his pregnant mistress every other week.

Even the child's attorney recommended the child be with his mother (Sister had always advocated generous visitation), but sister pulled the same judge at the divorce and the judge awarded joint physical custody to both parents of an infant. The fact that the jerk lived with his mistress was seen as a good thing by the court because there was "an experienced caregiver" in the house. The fact that his mistress was giving birth two weeks after the divorce was also a positive because the "siblings needed to know one another." So my sister, who did nothing wrong (besides marry a F****r), has to send her infant son every other week to live with the woman who broke up her marriage. The two children will eventually be in the same grade in school.

It's a mess. No one in my family had EVER had to deal with divorce or custody issues before. It's a nightmare and justice doesn't always prevail.

garciap77
04-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen

My sister is an engineer. She caught her husband cheating with a woman he supervised both at work and at play. My sister filed for divorce and found out she was pregnant by the idiot. He left and moved in with his mistress and her children of various parentage. Never came back once in the entire pregnancy. Showed up at the hospital as she was giving birth. Sister found out a week after her child was born that the mistress would be giving birth as well in a couple of months.

Divorce had to be rescheduled because judge called in sick. Her husband, not wanting to pay child support as REQUIRED by Iowa law (my sister is more than capable of supporting the child), filed for temporary joint physical custody of a 3-month-old breast-fed baby...AND GOT IT! So my sister had to send her baby to live with the idiot and his pregnant mistress every other week.

Even the child's attorney recommended the child be with his mother (Sister had always advocated generous visitation), but sister pulled the same judge at the divorce and the judge awarded joint physical custody to both parents of an infant. The fact that the jerk lived with his mistress was seen as a good thing by the court because there was "an experienced caregiver" in the house. The fact that his mistress was giving birth two weeks after the divorce was also a positive because the "siblings needed to know one another." So my sister, who did nothing wrong (besides marry a F****r), has to send her infant son every other week to live with the woman who broke up her marriage. The two children will eventually be in the same grade in school.

It's a mess. No one in my family had EVER had to deal with divorce or custody issues before. It's a nightmare and justice doesn't always prevail.

That is totaling wrong!:mad:

44INAROW
04-23-2010, 03:21 PM

that is bad wrong - bad wrong............ :mad:

Ranger Mom
04-23-2010, 03:27 PM

That is just CRAZY!!!!!!

maroogreen
04-23-2010, 03:45 PM

...It's a mess. No one in my family had EVER had to deal with divorce or custody issues before. It's a nightmare and justice doesn't always prevail.

The thing of it was that my sister never tried to deny the father the right to see the child or withheld/used the baby against him. But the only way the cheap bas***d could dodge child support was through joint physical custody. Sister appealed it through state court level, and just lost her final appeal Wednesday. My nephew turned 1 at the beginning of this month. It's been awful.

Even worse: They all work together at the same factory for John Deere.

I tell my sister that everything happens for a reason, even if we don't know or understand it at the time. Like maybe this is the baby's chance to get to know his father before his father dies in a fiery crash. That's what I"m hoping for, at least. :mad:

millcreek
04-23-2010, 03:46 PM
This have been very entertaining so far..

millcreek
04-23-2010, 03:48 PM
some of it's been kind of sad too....

you know, when kids get used...or grow up without having both parents...that makes me sad..

Ranger Mom
04-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by millcreek

I feel fortunate that 15 years later I can can look back and laugh about it.....but some aren't that lucky!!!

maroogreen
04-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah, my husband is a phenomenal guy. But there are a lot of crazy, lyin', cheatin', psychotic, and/or criminal fools out there. Sometimes it's hard to separate the diamonds from the cubic zirconia. They are both pretty to look at, but only one lasts in high-pressure situations.

MUSTANG69
04-23-2010, 04:03 PM

It's best to find the positive and humorous sides to sometimes bad situation. I spent 19 years in a bad marriage. "Stayed for the kids." That is a big mistake. Now that I look back a lot of it is humorous. I nicknamed my ex the Sasquatch. That is a lot more fun than referring to her as "the b--ch" or "the wh-re." I can't change what has happened but I can have a lot of fun with it.:) :)

Looking4number8
04-23-2010, 04:06 PM
I have been married 3 times now

1st wife's name was Susan (7 years)... she is not too friendly

2nd wife named Deanna(4 years), she is now one of my best friends

3rd wife's name is bud lite... we dated for many many years and finnaly hooked up permantly after my last divorce 16 years ago, I plan on keeping this one around (hell, I might even share her with some of guys.... or gals, she aint picky)

garciap77
04-23-2010, 04:10 PM
some of it's been kind of sad too....

you know, when kids get used...or grow up without having both parents...that makes me sad..

It's sad, but some kids think it's the norm now days. When we first moved to Abilene, my daughter was told it was wired that she still had the same father and mother (mother and father stilled married). Most of the kids had stepmoms and dads. And at my job only two of us were still in the first marriage, most were on their second or third marriage. My son came home one day when he was in first or second grade and said, “It’s not fair my friends have two dads and two moms and they get to have two birthday parties”. We were like WOW!!!!

Ranger Mom
04-23-2010, 04:15 PM
It's sad, but some kids think it's the norm now days. When we first moved to Abilene, my daughter was told it was wired that she still had the same father and mother (mother and father stilled married). Most of the kids had stepmoms and dads. And at my job only two of us were still in the first marriage, most were on their second or third marriage. My son came home one day when he was in first or second grade and said, “It’s not fair my friends have two dads and two moms and they get to have two birthday parties”. We were like WOW!!!!

LOL!! That reminded me of my kids!!

My ex and myself were both from split families. Our parents both remarried.

My kids thought it was weird...and kinda sad....to only have 2 sets of grandparents.

LE Dad
04-23-2010, 05:08 PM
It's sad, but some kids think it's the norm now days. When we first moved to Abilene, my daughter was told it was wired that she still had the same father and mother (mother and father stilled married). Most of the kids had stepmoms and dads. And at my job only two of us were still in the first marriage, most were on their second or third marriage. My son came home one day when he was in first or second grade and said, “It’s not fair my friends have two dads and two moms and they get to have two birthday parties”. We were like WOW!!!! Yes that is part of the problem divorce is to easy, being unfaithful is accepted and even joked about and the kids are seeing 2,3, or even 4 step whatevers. That is part of what I learned after my last divorce. My ex was touted as the "only normal one" in her entire family by her 2 previous step dads. It turns out that there are no normal ones. Her mom divorced 5 times, her brother twice, her sister once, and 2 other sisters can't find anyone stupid enough to marry their psychotic a**es!!

My ex was brought up in a house where she already had 3 step siblings and her mother and father were already fighting by the time she was old enough to remember. They were both having affairs by the time she was 5 and divorced by the time she was 6. She went through 2 other step fathers, her father and one other of the mothers boyfriends turned away from females all together after dealing with the mom.

It never dawned on me how similar she was to my first wife until someone pointed out to me that her family was a trainwreck too.

Lesson: look at the family tree...if it is full of nuts then run!!!
:D

LE Dad
04-23-2010, 05:14 PM

It's a mess. No one in my family had EVER had to deal with divorce or custody issues before. It's a nightmare and justice doesn't always prevail. Try Virginia... 6 month seperation where you split custody of the child, but the child does not move you do. Both parents have to split the cost of a second residence. They rotate 2 weeks at the primary residence with the child 2 weeks at the second residence without the child. Then the divorce proceedings start and can drag out 1 to 2 years in some cases. That is why LE Dad got the hell out of the Navy and ran back to Texas to get his first divorce!!:mad:

Diocletian
04-23-2010, 05:44 PM
My wife and I are in our 10th year of marriage... and I still think to this day we are both living and breathing because of a mid-term 8 month separation break we took in the middle....otherwise we'd have killed each other by now.

Marriage is hardest thing in life.. and the ones that can make it last 50 strait years deserve a solid Gold Medal.

garciap77
04-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Yes that is part of the problem divorce is to easy, being unfaithful is accepted and even joked about and the kids are seeing 2,3, or even 4 step whatevers. That is part of what I learned after my last divorce. My ex was touted as the "only normal one" in her entire family by her 2 previous step dads. It turns out that there are no normal ones. Her mom divorced 5 times, her brother twice, her sister once, and 2 other sisters can't find anyone stupid enough to marry their psychotic a**es!!

My ex was brought up in a house where she already had 3 step siblings and her mother and father were already fighting by the time she was old enough to remember. They were both having affairs by the time she was 5 and divorced by the time she was 6. She went through 2 other step fathers, her father and one other of the mothers boyfriends turned away from females all together after dealing with the mom.

It never dawned on me how similar she was to my first wife until someone pointed out to me that her family was a trainwreck too.

Lesson: look at the family tree...if it is full of nuts then run!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/run.gif

garciap77
04-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
My wife and I are in our 10th year of marriage... and I still think to this day we are both living and breathing because of a mid-term 8 month separation break we took in the middle....otherwise we'd have killed each other by now.

Marriage is hardest thing in life.. and the ones that can make it last 50 strait years deserve a solid Gold Medal.

Only 19 more years until I get my "Glod Medal"!:D

:thinking: will O'Bama give me a hand out for just an accomplishment?

;)

Ranger Mom
04-23-2010, 06:13 PM
It's strange to think I can't imagine my parents being married to each other!

They divorced when I was 10 and we kids were shocked because we never had a clue there was anything wrong.

They both remarried in 3 years....my dad married a girl 7 years older than me (I was 13 and she was 20) and my mom remarried a great guy. Sadly he was killed in an auto accident when I was 19...which was the same time my dad divorced his second wife.

Now they are both married to their soul mates....I can't imagine either of them being married to anyone else.

My kids can't imagine my husband and I being married to each other either.

Maybe the 'divorce' transition was easy for me because I always lived in the same town as my dad...could see him whenever I wanted....my mom didn't go by the "custody agreement." They never talked bad about each other, got along....made sure we kids knew that it had nothing to do with us.....they just didn't love each other like they should.

Because of this, I tried to do the same with my kids. And there were times I really hated their dad....but I tried not to let those feelings carry over where they saw it.

My divorce took so long to be finalized...(he didn't want it, so he drug his feet on EVERYTHING)....I was already dating my new husband while we were separated.

I had to wait 60 days before I could get remarried.....my divorce was final on February 16th 1996 and I was remarried on April 26th 1996.:D

The ex has never remarried......he says he hasn't found anyone as good as me and he doesn't want to settle for anything less!!!:p

When he IS involved in a relationship, I somehow end up being his "counselor" when things aren't going good!!!

Hmmm....maybe staying friends isn't such a good idea after all!!!:thinking:

garciap77
04-23-2010, 06:18 PM
It's strange to think I can't imagine my parents being married to each other!

They divorced when I was 10 and we kids were shocked because we never had a clue there was anything wrong.

They both remarried in 3 years....my dad married a girl 7 years older than me (I was 13 and she was 20) and my mom remarried a great guy. Sadly he was killed in an auto accident when I was 19...which was the same time my dad divorced his second wife.

Now they are both married to their soul mates....I can't imagine either of them being married to anyone else.

My kids can't imagine my husband and I being married to each other either.

Maybe the 'divorce' transition was easy for me because I always lived in the same town as my dad...could see him whenever I wanted....my mom didn't go by the "custody agreement." They never talked bad about each other, got along....made sure we kids knew that it had nothing to do with us.....they just didn't love each other like they should.

Because of this, I tried to do the same with my kids. And there were times I really hated their dad....but I tried not to let those feelings carry over where they saw it.

My divorce took so long to be finalized...(he didn't want it, so he drug his feet on EVERYTHING)....I was already dating my new husband while we were separated.

I had to wait 60 days before I could get remarried.....my divorce was final on February 16th 1996 and I was remarried on April 26th 1996.:D

The ex has never remarried......aid he hasn't found anyone as good as me and he doesn't want to settle for anything less!!!:p

When he IS involved in a relationship, I somehow end up being his "counselor" when things aren't going good!!!

Hmmm....maybe staying friends isn't such a good idea after all!!!:thinking:

LE Dad
04-23-2010, 07:37 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/run.gif

:D :clap: :clap:

sinton66
04-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Once for me, still there after 39 years.

LE Dad
04-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Once for me, still there after 39 years. :clap: :clap: Congratulations.:cool:

skins4life
04-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Been with My Lady for 32 yrs. in Sept. We've been married 30 in Aug.

buckeyebob
04-24-2010, 05:49 AM
Several years ago, we had a local case where the divorcing parents had twin babies. Both were asking for custody. The local judge was faced with a conundrum. He made Texas judicial history, referred to state wide as the Solomon Decision. Each parent got one. Thank heaven…the appeal court reversed the decision and they got joint custody. What an idiot.