View Full Version : Dez Bryant

coach
04-22-2010, 09:02 PM
welcome

OLE'BULL
04-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by coach
welcome

I think it was a good pick, his off the field "troubles" were nothing to red flag him for. He is young, got scared, and lied. We have all done it. Its not like he was dealing drugs, robbing people, raping women, etc. He just got caught in a sticky situation. I wish him the best in Dallas, him and Austin will be a dangerous threat. If only R. Williams could get back to his ole' ways...

Bull's-eye
04-23-2010, 11:02 AM
I just watched a few videos on him, the Cowboys got the steal of the draft. Bryant didn't run the fastest 40, but the tapes show that he runs away from the defense. This guy was an excellent return man, very amazing for a player of his size. Great hands & very good at getting separation to make the catch. He's like a one man cold, he's the only one catching it & the only one coming down with it. His size makes him extremely hard to tackle, but it was his ability to elude tackles & find the endzone that really impressed me.

Bullaholic
04-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Hearing the Cowboys are going to give him No. 88.

Daddy D 11
04-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Hearing the Cowboys are going to give him No. 88.

that'd be tight

some dude on espn said today that he talked to a cowboys higher up and that person said they want irvin to be his mentor, not deon sanders lmao

both aren't very good mentors but oh well, bryant really hasn't done anything wrong.. not like he's got drug or booze problems in his past

themsu97
04-23-2010, 11:12 AM
yeah... but he is a prima donna... things have to be a certain way and he pouts, alot...

kind of like Barry Bonds but no roids or HGH...

Daddy D 11
04-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
yeah... but he is a prima donna... things have to be a certain way and he pouts, alot...

kind of like Barry Bonds but no roids or HGH...

you know he's a prima donna how? just curious?

big daddy russ
04-23-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm not by any means an NFL scout, but I thought he was one of the two best players in this draft. From what I saw, him and Suh were the two monsters of this class. I never saw a college player that could slow down either of those guys.

Then again, I'm not much of a Cowboys fan either. So I hope he sucks. :D

Rocket Dad
04-23-2010, 11:22 AM
talked to a coach he had in high school, just another high maintenance football player. He will (IMO) screw up his NFL career with something. Glad he went to the Cowboys, hopefully he will stir up team chemistry in a bad way, I am not at all a Cowboys fan.

Pick6
04-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
talked to a coach he had in high school, just another high maintenance football player. He will (IMO) screw up his NFL career with something. Glad he went to the Cowboys, hopefully he will stir up team chemistry in a bad way, I am not at all a Cowboys fan.

I heard from a friend of a friend, who heard from his cousins cousin, that your source was wrong :D

PPSTATEBOUND
04-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
04-23-2010, 11:52 AM
GO COWBOYS!

Pick6
04-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
GO COWBOYS!

That's right P4S, they're all jealous haters :D

Keith7
04-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Dez Bryant is a joke. This is a typical cowgirl pick, ignore your needs and go after the big name.. I thank god everyday I'm not a cowturd fan because I would be miserable if my front office ran things the way they do.. It sure will ve fun to watch this team flop though

themsu97
04-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
you know he's a prima donna how? just curious?

I know some people... some who played at OSU with him...

they all say the same thing...extremely talented... at times will work very hard... but not a priority sometimes and if he does not get his way... he pouts...

to be honest, what it all sounds to me is maturity... I remember being an Astros fan and how talented Kenny Lofton was... but he had the same problems and just thought he had arrived, but did nothing but pout until the Astros traded him to Cleveland, then he got his act straight and look how it turned out...

I think Dallas overpaid for him and the way Jones likes to coddle some of his players I think this is a bad pick...

PPSTATEBOUND
04-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Dez Bryant is a joke. This is a typical cowgirl pick, ignore your needs and go after the big name.. I thank god everyday I'm not a cowturd fan because I would be miserable if my front office ran things the way they do.. It sure will ve fun to watch this team flop though

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bull's-eye
04-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Didn't the eagles give away 2 third round picks to move up for a undersized DE? I wouldn't be talking. :D

Bull's-eye
04-23-2010, 12:35 PM
I think Dallas overpaid for him and the way Jones likes to coddle some of his players I think this is a bad pick...

Getting the top rated receiver, who is a top 5 talent for the 24th pick is not overpaying. I think the Cowboys got a bargain. :)

Keith7
04-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Didn't the eagles give away 2 third round picks to move up for a undersized DE? I wouldn't be talking. :D

No they gave away two third round picks for the Big 10 MVP, the two-time leader in tackles for loss in the nation and they addressed a need, they didn't splurge for a big name cry baby receiver with character issues that they didn't need :doh:

pirate4state
04-23-2010, 12:41 PM

Aren't you already? I mean, I figure you gotta be with all the negativity you spew. :)

Keith7
04-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Aren't you already? I mean, I figure you gotta be with all the negativity you spew. :)

I'm just stating the obvious

DDBooger
04-23-2010, 12:46 PM
We have a guy on texaaaasports like Keith (rkhufu7), but Keith is much funnier.

I never thought he was funny till that "continue the story" thread was going and he always destroyed the planet or said something to make it stop. LOL

Pick6
04-23-2010, 12:48 PM

Overpaid?? Swapped 1st's, that's even, then swapped a 3rd for a 4th, that's pretty close to an equal. You're jealousy is obvious.

pirate4state
04-23-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm just stating the obvious

You're obvious....hater :p

BTW - your sig is breaking the rules. Can you really afford another rule violation? :D

Keith7
04-23-2010, 12:49 PM
You're obvious....hater :p

BTW - your sig is breaking the rules. Can you really afford another rule violation? :D

I can always merge the photos to make it "one photo"! thanks for the advice!

LE Dad
04-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Dez Bryant is a joke. This is a typical cowgirl pick, ignore your needs and go after the big name.. I thank god everyday I'm not a cowturd fan because I would be miserable if my front office ran things the way they do.. It sure will ve fun to watch this team flop though Yes, you would rather be a fan of a team that got beat by this poorly run franchise... not once... not twice....but three times last year.

Hmmmm.:thinking:

pirate4state
04-23-2010, 12:51 PM
I can always merge the photos to make it "one photo"! thanks for the advice! Yes, you could. Better do it quick, before I hit the red button! :D

FbCoachB40
No they gave away two third round picks for the Big 10 MVP, the two-time leader in tackles for loss in the nation and they addressed a need, they didn't splurge for a big name cry baby receiver with character issues that they didn't need :doh:

Sounds like your average Philly Cry-baby!!! Do you remember the last two scores between Dallas & Philly. Y'all need more help than that little DE will give you...Did you say Big 10 MVP...that means that he might be able to actually play for a Big 12 team then...

Pick6
Originally posted by LE Dad
Yes, you would rather be a fan of a team that got beat by this poorly run franchise... not once... not twice....but three times last year.

Hmmmm.:thinking:

The only thing that Dez did was lie about meeting with Deion. And he's a thug now. Andy Reid lied to McNabb so I guess Reid is a thug also.

LE Dad
04-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Yes, you could. Better do it quick, before I hit the red button! :D Do it..do it ...do it!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
04-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Yes, you could. Better do it quick, before I hit the red button! :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Are you a mod again?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
04-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Do it..do it ...do it!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

:D

Keith7
04-23-2010, 12:59 PM
test

Keith7
04-23-2010, 01:00 PM
test

dang it's too big

DDBooger
04-23-2010, 01:01 PM
dang it's too big Its the same size as Garcias

Keith7
04-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Its the same size as Garcias

I don't like the "this is larger than the orginal" tag on top of it though.. It kind of loses its touch

garciap77
04-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Its the same size as Garcias

:hand:

;)

kaorder1999
04-23-2010, 01:18 PM
145000 bytes
43000 bytes

NOT same size

According to rules both are too big as far as pixel size goes but who really cares?

Keith7
04-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
145000 bytes
43000 bytes

NOT same size

uh oh, is you're 56K slowing ou down?

kaorder1999
04-23-2010, 01:21 PM
uh oh, is you're 56K slowing ou down?

nope...mines fast enough but was making the point that they werent the same size as someone else had said. Nowhere near same size...

Keith7
04-23-2010, 01:23 PM
nope...mines fast enough but was making the point that they werent the same size as someone else had said. Nowhere near same size...

100 KILOBYTES bigger OH MY!!

kaorder1999
04-23-2010, 01:26 PM
100 KILOBYTES bigger OH MY!!

you're right....yours being only 3 times bigger doesn't justify my comment! My bad....

Keith7
04-23-2010, 01:28 PM
you're right....yours being only 3 times bigger doesn't justify my comment! My bad....

I got it down to 80 KB, does that help?

kaorder1999
04-23-2010, 01:30 PM

your byte size was never over the limit bro! Limit is 150,000 but you are welcome to do what you want!

garciap77
04-23-2010, 01:38 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:p

;)

Bull's-eye
04-23-2010, 02:43 PM
No they gave away two third round picks for the Big 10 MVP

Didn't you see where all the talent was being drafted from? Big 12 owned the draft.

Do they still play tackle football in the Big 10? :D

Daddy D 11
04-23-2010, 02:47 PM
big 12 def had a good day

forum_guy
04-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

anyone that seriously thinks giving up 2 3rd round picks for Brandon Graham was dumb they obviously don't know anything about football or have heard what the scouts have said about him.

Keith7
04-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
anyone that seriously thinks giving up 2 3rd round picks for Brandon Graham was dumb they obviously don't know anything about football or have heard what the scouts have said about him.

considering most scouts ranked him at the 10-15 range, I'm pretty sure the Eagles knew what they were doing .. :doh:

And according to the draft-pick value chart, the Eagles the better deal when trading up

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

:doh:

Maroon87
I thank god everyday I'm not a cowturd fan because I would be miserable if my front office ran things the way they do..

This from the guy whose team traded their potential HOF QB to a division rival.

BTW...I love the Bryant pick.

Pick6
Originally posted by forum_guy

They lost 2 pics, dallas didn't lose any pics with there trade and some people are saying dallas gave up to much for the best player at his position in this draft. Stupid does still reside in some people here.

Keith7
04-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
This from the guy whose team traded their potential HOF QB to a division rival.

BTW...I love the Bryant pick.

an over-the-hill qb who couldn't win when it mattered

Keith7
04-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
They lost 2 pics, dallas didn't lose any pics with there trade and some people are saying dallas gave up to much for the best player at his position in this draft. Stupid does still reside in some people here.

actually according to the draft-pick value chart the cowgirls did get screwed and for what? To take a chance on a whiney crybaby wide receiver with character issues that they didn't even need :doh:

Pick6
04-23-2010, 03:08 PM
actually according to the draft-pick value chart the cowgirls did get screwed and for what? To take a chance on a whiney crybaby wide receiver with character issues that they didn't even need :doh:

What are his character issues you keep talking about? Is he a liar like Andy Reid? That's the only one I've heard about.

pirate4state
04-23-2010, 03:14 PM
an over-the-hill qb who couldn't win when it mattered hahahahahahahaha so you FINALLY admit it!

and now your sig looks good, but garcia77 your signature IS too big. :tisk:

i don't really care, i just felt like being a butt today. :devil: :D

hey keith the iggles suck