PDA

View Full Version : Mavs.....

Bullaholic
04-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Won game 1, got blown out in game 2. Spurs or Mavs in how many? I say Mavs in 6.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Won game 1, got blown out in game 2. Spurs or Mavs in how many? I say Mavs in 6.

Game 3 winner take it all. Either Mavs in 5 or Spurs in 6.

I root for Mavs.

Farmersfan
04-22-2010, 03:25 PM
How could anyone watch that mess last night and still think the Mavs might win a title. I had hoped this team was different but once again they proved that they are basically the same team that has blown it in the playoffs for basically a decade now. I think they might get past the Spurs again but that's as far as expect them to go.

Keith7
04-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Spurs in 5

big daddy russ
04-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
How could anyone watch that mess last night and still think the Mavs might win a title. I had hoped this team was different but once again they proved that they are basically the same team that has blown it in the playoffs for basically a decade now. I think they might get past the Spurs again but that's as far as expect them to go.
I'm a Spurs fan and would love to see them win, but for the first time ever I feel like the Mavs are clearly the better team. Dallas came out flat last night and was still within striking distance in the fourth quarter. Thank God for Timmy catching fire.

I don't expect Dirk to have too many more games like that, and I don't expect the Spurs to be able to defend him. Spurs won't lay down, and they're fighters, but Timmy is too old to anchor that defense like he used to.

I thought the Spurs slightly were better in 2006. I feel like the Mavs are significantly better now. Mavs in six.

Txbroadcaster
04-22-2010, 04:29 PM

Your one of those self hating fans arent u? You look back and reshape things to when your team does not win it was all THEY did WRONG and nothing else. Your expectations for your teams IMO is a little out there

What series besided the NBA Finals and the GS series the next year did Dallas blow?

And as far as this year..It is not like the Mavs are the #2 seed 15 games better than everyone below them.

The west 1-8 and ESPECIALLY 2-8 is tight and within a couple of games. There are questions and strengths about every team and anyone of them can beat the other. It is not like Dallas came into the season as a clear cut #2 team in the west expected to breeze to the conference finals

SintonFan
04-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Spurs in 7(no make that 6)!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

CheerMom
04-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Go Spurs!!!!

coach
04-22-2010, 04:54 PM

the winner of this series will be in the conference final

3afan
04-22-2010, 05:18 PM
i got 2 tix to game 4 Sunday night at the AT&T Center ... $175 seats for $100 each on eBay, Section 107, pretty much center court

we'll be there in our Mavs gear

3afan
04-22-2010, 05:19 PM

could have said the same thing about the Spurs after game 1

IHStangFan
04-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
could have said the same thing about the Spurs after game 1 true...but Spurs HAVE been there before, and know how to get there....the Mavs....never have.

I'm just sayin.

SintonFan
04-22-2010, 06:27 PM
i got 2 tix to game 4 Sunday night at the AT&T Center ... $175 seats for $100 each on eBay, Section 107, pretty much center court

we'll be there in our Mavs gear

Congrats man. I'm a little jealous though.

I was hoping I'd get lucky and a friend and I would be invited to one of the suites but no luck. He regularly gets to go to these games with four tickets but once the playoffs start, forget it. Only clients are invited.:D

I'll be looking for you.:thumbsup:

SintonFan
04-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Game 3 winner take it all. Either Mavs in 5 or Spurs in 6.

I root for Mavs.

I hope your right! :thumbsup:

Maroon87
04-24-2010, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'm a Spurs fan and would love to see them win, but for the first time ever I feel like the Mavs are clearly the better team.

The Mavs are the better team talent-wise, but right now the Spurs are turning back the clock a bit.

3afan
04-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Manu just wanted it more last night

Dirk needs help - Mavs need to go get DWade!

Maroon87
04-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Manu just wanted it more last night

Dirk needs help - Mavs need to go get DWade!

I think Manu is playing as well as he's ever played this year. It's great to finally have him healthy again. And the fact he's not playing for Argentina this summer is a bonus...he will actually have an off-season for a change.

:cool:

bwdlionfan
04-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Manu coming back in last night with a fractured nose was something else.

He came back in and wasn't even phased by it.

I'm a Spurs fan deep down, but I feel like the winner of game 4 takes this series. If Spurs go up 3-1 it's over. If Mavs win, they take home court back in a best of 3 series.

Go Spurs Go

Emerson1
04-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Your one of those self hating fans arent u?

It's farmersfan. He hates everything about the teams he likes, this has been known for a while going back to football season

Z-RO
04-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Joey Crawford was the ref. When he refs a Mavs playoff game they have lost 16 out of 17 games.

Emerson1
04-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Joey Crawford was the ref. When he refs a Mavs playoff game they have lost 16 out of 17 games.
Dan Crawford

and it's now 17 out of 18

Keith7
04-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Dan Crawford

more proof the NBA is rigged

Maroon87
04-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Dan Crawford

That took longer than I expected...:hand:

Emerson1
04-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
That took longer than I expected...:hand:
I didn't say anything that wasn't 100% fact.

Z-RO
04-25-2010, 12:50 AM
Dan Crawford

Regardless, the point remains the same

Keith7
04-25-2010, 12:53 AM
Regardless, the point remains the same

The NBA is no better than the WWE .. It's even starting to be just as trashy

Maroon87
04-25-2010, 01:28 AM
I didn't say anything that wasn't 100% fact.

If the Mavs are letting whomever is on the officiating crew affect their preparation, then they're soft. I mean...you gotta be kidding me, right?:doh:

Z-RO
04-25-2010, 01:32 AM
If the Mavs are letting whomever is on the officiating crew affect their preparation, then they're soft. I mean...you gotta be kidding me, right?:doh:

You mean if the NBA is allowing its officials to target specific teams then they are rigged right? I don't care who you are, but that statistic is just eye popping.

Maroon87
04-25-2010, 01:49 AM
You mean if the NBA is allowing its officials to target specific teams then they are rigged right? I don't care who you are, but that statistic is just eye popping.

Whatever..this is typical Mavs whining. I'm out. Good luck the rest of the series. I'm sure if the Mavs lose it will be David Stern's fault, as usual.:hand:

Z-RO
04-25-2010, 02:02 AM
Whatever..this is typical Mavs whining. I'm out. Good luck the rest of the series. I'm sure if the Mavs lose it will be David Stern's fault, as usual.:hand:

So PLEASE explain to me that stat then besides being biased and saying they are soft because even a soft team would have a better winning percentage then what they have when he is refereeing.

Oh and BTW every since that Lakers/Kings series (not to mention those phantom calls Wade kept getting against the Mavs a few years back) I firmly believe the NBA has a fix on the outcome of games!

wildstangs
04-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Go Spurs Go - and then lose to the Lakers!

Bull Butter
04-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Funny, I didn't hear any Mavs fans whining about game 1, when Dallas shot 34 Free Throws to San Antonio's 14:eek:

DDBooger
04-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Funny, I didn't hear any Mavs fans whining about game 1, when Dallas shot 34 Free Throws to San Antonio's 14:eek: I'm sure it was the Galactic alignment for that one though, can't control that Bull. :D

DDBooger
04-25-2010, 11:28 AM
So PLEASE explain to me that stat then besides being biased and saying they are soft because even a soft team would have a better winning percentage then what they have when he is refereeing.

Oh and BTW every since that Lakers/Kings series (not to mention those phantom calls Wade kept getting against the Mavs a few years back) I firmly believe the NBA has a fix on the outcome of games! Yeah, but this one makes no sense. Why on earth would the NBA want a team who generates low ratings like the Spurs to beat a team who most think can challenge the Lakers. Makes no sense at all. (unless the point is to grant the Lakers a free ride). Doubt it.

wildstangs
04-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Conspiracy time! Happens every year when the Mavs lose when they are favored to win.

Keith7
04-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Conspiracy time! Happens every year when the Mavs lose when they are favored to win.

Not even a mavs fan but I know the NBA is rigged.. I hate the mavs because they have more bandwaggon fans than any other team in any professional sports league..

the facts are there. The NBA wants ratings. They know their product is boring but they can't change the format of the game because there would be too much outrage from purist. So what they do is run their league like the WWE. They promote players over teams. Storylines over games. Heck the player intros in the NBA are JUST like the WWE entrances. The players and coaches are not in on the fixes though like WWE. Instead the refs are in charge of determining the finish of the games..

You look at match ups in the first round like the Spurs and Mavs between arguably the two most boring teams in the league and how do you get national attention? You make it into an underdog story. So the Spurs are going to jump out to the lead.

How do you take a one vs an eight seed and make it worthwhile? You make the Thunder give the Lakers a run for their money.

You see record like crawford's against the mavs and the proof is in the pudding.

Wrestling and NBA have worked hand in hand for years as well.. Heck Dennis Rodman and Karl Malone "started" their feud on the basketball court to promote a WCW pay-per-view in the 90's..

Don't believe me? Ask someone who is in the know and has nothing to lose

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/25084143/

wildstangs
04-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Not even a mavs fan but I know the NBA is rigged.. I hate the mavs because they have more bandwaggon fans than any other team in any professional sports league..

the facts are there. The NBA wants ratings. They know their product is boring but they can't change the format of the game because there would be too much outrage from purist. So what they do is run their league like the WWE. They promote players over teams. Storylines over games. Heck the player intros in the NBA are JUST like the WWE entrances. The players and coaches are not in on the fixes though like WWE. Instead the refs are in charge of determining the finish of the games..

You look at match ups in the first round like the Spurs and Mavs between arguably the two most boring teams in the league and how do you get national attention? You make it into an underdog story. So the Spurs are going to jump out to the lead.

How do you take a one vs an eight seed and make it worthwhile? You make the Thunder give the Lakers a run for their money.

You see record like crawford's against the mavs and the proof is in the pudding.

Wrestling and NBA have worked hand in hand for years as well.. Heck Dennis Rodman and Karl Malone "started" their feud on the basketball court to promote a WCW pay-per-view in the 90's..

That article sounds like a bunch of whiners. The only thing that surprised me from that article is that Shaq once made 13 of 17 free throws in a game. If I am a ref and I am trying to get Shaq's team to win, he is the last man in the arena I put on the free throw line.

Keith7
04-25-2010, 12:55 PM
That article sounds like a bunch of whiners. The only thing that surprised me from that article is that Shaq once made 13 of 17 free throws in a game. If I am a ref and I am trying to get Shaq's team to win, he is the last man in the arena I put on the free throw line.

that's what you would think but the refs are trying not to get caught so sometimes they might stray away from conventional wisdom

coach
04-25-2010, 01:10 PM

thats not true....the only time we said something was after the nba finals which was awful officiating...and i dont think the nba is as bad as it as but i still have a suspicion that most refs dont like cunabn...also i read the other day that the mavs are 1-17 when danny crawford refs a mavs playoff game...guess who refed the game last night....nowim a huge mavs fand and i hate the spurs and i really wish the spurs well andi dont think they are trying to set anything up i just think the refs had an off night...expect this one to go 7 especially if the mavs win tonight. also the main reason the avs lost was carlile coached an awful game but thatsa whole different story

Z-RO
04-25-2010, 04:19 PM

wow..I actually :clap: this post

SintonPirateFan
04-25-2010, 11:26 PM
i dont care if the refs are in it or not......i just love to see the mavs lose. i cant stand mark cuban. i dont really have a "team" in the nba, just certain teams i DONT like. knicks, jazz, mavs.

Maroon87
04-26-2010, 12:04 AM
:hand: at the Mav conspiracy theorists...

Maroon87
04-26-2010, 12:06 AM

Typical of a 21st century "sports writer"...

coach
04-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Manu coming back in last night with a fractured nose was something else.

He came back in and wasn't even phased by it.

I'm a Spurs fan deep down, but I feel like the winner of game 4 takes this series. If Spurs go up 3-1 it's over. If Mavs win, they take home court back in a best of 3 series.

Go Spurs Go

its a broken nose....big deal

coach
04-26-2010, 12:20 AM

the spurs were doing the same thing with joey crawford in fact the whined so much that the nba said that joey cant officiate them

SintonFan
04-26-2010, 12:41 AM
Go Spurs!:clap:

Farmersfan
04-26-2010, 09:30 AM
What is the true measure of a "Real" fan? Is a real fan one that accepts what they consider to be less than what the team is capable of? Is a real fan one that expects more and doesn't settle? I know the answer from some of the "True" homers on this site but I would be interested in the perspective of some of the more objective posters.
Does it make a fan a bad fan if he refuses to accept that his team chokes in the playoffs or can't turn-it-up like the other teams can? The Mavs are top 3 in the NBA in overall record for the past 12 years and yet all they have to show for their efforts is a laughable finals collaspe and the single worst playoff series loss in NBA history. Oh yea, the other two out of the top 3 have 8 or 9 titles between them!!!!!

44INAROW
04-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Funny, I didn't hear any Mavs fans whining about game 1, when Dallas shot 34 Free Throws to San Antonio's 14:eek:

:p

waterboy
04-26-2010, 09:52 AM
No conspiracy here. The Spurs are just plain playing better than the Mavs. I love the Mavs, but I am disappointed in them this year. I thought they actually had a chance to get to the conference finals, but again I'm disappointed. The series is all but over now. The Mavs came back against these same Spurs in a playoff series a few years ago, but I don't think they can do it again. If nothing else I'd like to see the Mavs at least push this series to 6, maybe 7 games. Show a little HEART Mavs!

Farmersfan
04-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
No conspiracy here. The Spurs are just plain playing better than the Mavs. I love the Mavs, but I am disappointed in them this year. I thought they actually had a chance to get to the conference finals, but again I'm disappointed. The series is all but over now. The Mavs came back against these same Spurs in a playoff series a few years ago, but I don't think they can do it again. If nothing else I'd like to see the Mavs at least push this series to 6, maybe 7 games. Show a little HEART Mavs!

The heart they have shown so far has been pathetic!!!

waterboy
04-26-2010, 10:10 AM
The heart they have shown so far has been pathetic!!!
I agree. They can't sustain it when they do show heart. They have to be able to get a big lead.......and HOLD it......not only hold it but build on it! It's been a problem for them all year. Once they have a lead they just stop doing what got them the lead to start with, and let the other team come back nearly every time. This seems to be a trend with the Mavs dating back several years, too.

LE Dad
04-26-2010, 10:17 AM
I used to love the NBA, but the past few years the games have become unwatchable. There are very few players left that can consistently shoot, and the days of the big men battling, Ewing v Mourning; Hakeem vs Kareem/ Divoch have faded away. All that remains are a few stars here and there that are more focused on highlights than on winning.

Hurry up football and give me something to watch.:clap: :clap:

SintonFan
04-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Two new players in George Hill and Blair have had something to do with the Spur's success. Dice was a nice pickup, too.:nerd:

DDBooger
04-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Two new players in George Hill and Blair have had something to do with the Spur's success. Dice was a nice pickup, too.:nerd: +1

You're right on about Dirk too, the guy is unreal. Blaming him is silly in my opinion.

SintonFan
04-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
+1

You're right on about Dirk too, the guy is unreal. Blaming him is silly in my opinion.

Dice has been making Dirk work his butt off and he still scores 35. Dirk is not the problem there. More of a cohesiveness problem because of the very late trade hurt imho, but dammit the Spur's should get some credit too.:cool:
The series is not over.

NateDawg39
04-27-2010, 01:03 PM
I am pretty sure I have seen Spurs fans complain and cry about their team getting screwed as well. I love the Mavs but would rather see the better team take down the Lakers and right now it is the Spurs.

SintonFan
04-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I am pretty sure I have seen Spurs fans complain and cry about their team getting screwed as well. I love the Mavs but would rather see the better team take down the Lakers and right now it is the Spurs.

No doubt there are some bad obnoxious Spurs fans but the ones on this BB are pretty mild.

NateDawg39
04-27-2010, 01:08 PM
No doubt there are some bad obnoxious Spurs fans but the ones on this BB are pretty mild. My 2nd year roommate at ACU was a HUGE Spurs fan. He got in a fist fight with a guy after the 06 series I think because he said something bad about the coach :)

SintonFan
04-27-2010, 01:13 PM
My 2nd year roommate at ACU was a HUGE Spurs fan. He got in a fist fight with a guy after the 06 series I think because he said something bad about the coach :)

That kinda lends to my premise that the ones here are pretty mild.

Did you hear about what that employee for Cuban said about San Antonio?

From the Big lead:
Mike Bacsik Would Like to Congratulate All the “Dirty Mexicans” in San Antonio on the Spurs’ Victory
Former Athletes, NBA, Race TheBigLead April 26th. 2010, 7:45am

Mike Bacsik, best known as the guy who gave up (grooved?) Barry Bonds’ 756th home run, had a bit of a twitter meltdown last night as the Mavericks were losing to the Spurs. Bacsik lost it when Eduardo Najera tackled Manu Ginobili and was ejected. Bacsik tweeted “Congrats to all the dirty mexicans in San Antonio.” (Bacsik is too dumb to know this, but Najera – a player on the team he roots for – is Mexican.) A journeyman who appeared in 51 games over five seasons with four teams, Bacsik would be a complete non-entity if not for the Bonds pitch, a fledgling radio career in Texas, and the fact that his dad was a pro ballplayer.

This is from someone on the Mavs radio staff. Pretty nasty stuff and very very poor sportsmanship.:doh:

NateDawg39
04-27-2010, 01:18 PM
And back in my younger days (2003) I went to a spurs @ Mavs game and witnessed first hand a Spurs fan pour beer down a womens shirt and then I got to see the womens husband smash his face into the ground. It was epic....:D

SintonFan
04-27-2010, 01:20 PM
And back in my younger days (2003) I went to a spurs @ Mavs game and witnessed first hand a Spurs fan pour beer down a womens shirt and then I got to see the womens husband smash his face into the ground. It was epic....:D

No doubt the loser deserved it.

No comment on Mike Bacsik?

NateDawg39
04-27-2010, 01:26 PM
No doubt the loser deserved it.

No comment on Mike Bacsik? Mike is as ignorant as they come. Another individual who doesn't deserve to be in a sporting event.

coach
04-27-2010, 02:08 PM
What is the true measure of a "Real" fan? Is a real fan one that accepts what they consider to be less than what the team is capable of? Is a real fan one that expects more and doesn't settle? I know the answer from some of the "True" homers on this site but I would be interested in the perspective of some of the more objective posters.
Does it make a fan a bad fan if he refuses to accept that his team chokes in the playoffs or can't turn-it-up like the other teams can? The Mavs are top 3 in the NBA in overall record for the past 12 years and yet all they have to show for their efforts is a laughable finals collaspe and the single worst playoff series loss in NBA history. Oh yea, the other two out of the top 3 have 8 or 9 titles between them!!!!!

since im pretty sure this is towards me ill answer.....i as a mavs fan have always gives credit to the winning team no matter what...infact in any game i have lost or my team has lost i have given them 100% credit that thy just beat me bc thats how i was raised. No you are right about the laughable loss against golden state. Im still scratching my head over that one. The finals i give dwade full credit for getting to the free throw line and beating us but i still think the nba had a small hand in that especially since a ref admitted that the nba hates cuban and alot of times makes calls against dallas. and dallas isnot the only team that it has happened to. The spurs are a victim as welll as rasheed wallace. IMO thats whats wrong with the nBA. Now a true fan sticks up for his team no matter what. Now there is a fine line between not realizing the team isnt good. With the dirk situation this is where you are wrong. He is the greatest mav ever and a first ballot hall of famer. Now he isnt a jordan, lebron, kobe or even a dwade but he isn't the problem. And the top 3 best record and no title is kinda bad but look at the teams you are compairing the mavs to. SA and LA both if dirk was on the team he would have just as many teams. Dirk turned a laughable franchise into a very respected one. So you can continue to bash dirk and the mavs or you can sit back and enjoy this series.

Farmersfan
04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by coach
since im pretty sure this is towards me ill answer.....i as a mavs fan have always gives credit to the winning team no matter what...infact in any game i have lost or my team has lost i have given them 100% credit that thy just beat me bc thats how i was raised. No you are right about the laughable loss against golden state. Im still scratching my head over that one. The finals i give dwade full credit for getting to the free throw line and beating us but i still think the nba had a small hand in that especially since a ref admitted that the nba hates cuban and alot of times makes calls against dallas. and dallas isnot the only team that it has happened to. The spurs are a victim as welll as rasheed wallace. IMO thats whats wrong with the nBA. Now a true fan sticks up for his team no matter what. Now there is a fine line between not realizing the team isnt good. With the dirk situation this is where you are wrong. He is the greatest mav ever and a first ballot hall of famer. Now he isnt a jordan, lebron, kobe or even a dwade but he isn't the problem. And the top 3 best record and no title is kinda bad but look at the teams you are compairing the mavs to. SA and LA both if dirk was on the team he would have just as many teams. Dirk turned a laughable franchise into a very respected one. So you can continue to bash dirk and the mavs or you can sit back and enjoy this series.

I'm pretty sure I asked for the opinion of NON-HOMERS coach. I already could have guessed yours. :D :D

But thanks anyway!

3afan
04-27-2010, 03:42 PM
That kinda lends to my premise that the ones here are pretty mild.

Did you hear about what that employee for Cuban said about San Antonio?

From the Big lead:
Mike Bacsik Would Like to Congratulate All the “Dirty Mexicans” in San Antonio on the Spurs’ Victory
Former Athletes, NBA, Race TheBigLead April 26th. 2010, 7:45am

Mike Bacsik, best known as the guy who gave up (grooved?) Barry Bonds’ 756th home run, had a bit of a twitter meltdown last night as the Mavericks were losing to the Spurs. Bacsik lost it when Eduardo Najera tackled Manu Ginobili and was ejected. Bacsik tweeted “Congrats to all the dirty mexicans in San Antonio.” (Bacsik is too dumb to know this, but Najera – a player on the team he roots for – is Mexican.) A journeyman who appeared in 51 games over five seasons with four teams, Bacsik would be a complete non-entity if not for the Bonds pitch, a fledgling radio career in Texas, and the fact that his dad was a pro ballplayer.

This is from someone on the Mavs radio staff. Pretty nasty stuff and very very poor sportsmanship.:doh:

no - he was a KTCK employee, not a Mavs employee

coach
04-27-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm pretty sure I asked for the opinion of NON-HOMERS coach. I already could have guessed yours. :D :D

But thanks anyway!

so all your logical thinking isnt homerism either

SintonFan
04-27-2010, 06:59 PM
no - he was a KTCK employee, not a Mavs employee

Sorry about that. I didn't know. He does Mavs radio sometimes right?

garciap77
04-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Go Spurs!:clap:

:ditto:

Farmersfan
04-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by coach
so all your logical thinking isnt homerism either

Of course I'm a homer. I love the Mavs! But I like to think I have a little objectivity in my assessment of my own favorite teams. Most "homers" don't critique their own team/players like they do other teams/players. To ignore a lack of effort or intensity from your favorite is to accept mediocrity! (but I will admit I usually take good performances for granted. but that's why they play the game and make the huge money. Nobody is suppose to play to lose.)

In the words of one of our greatest philosophers, "If you ain't 1st, you're last"!

3afan
04-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Sorry about that. I didn't know. He does Mavs radio sometimes right?

no

waterboy
04-28-2010, 08:27 AM
The Mavs looked like the team I thought they could be last night. They put forth a great effort. It'll definitely take that kind of effort again tomorrow night to stay alive. One game at a time, Mavs.:clap:

Farmersfan
04-28-2010, 08:58 AM
The Mavs looked like the team I thought they could be last night. They put forth a great effort. It'll definitely take that kind of effort again tomorrow night to stay alive. One game at a time, Mavs.:clap:

We have seen flashes of this team all season. They beat the Spurs 3-1 in the season series and then to go out with those 3 lame-ass efforts in the playoffs was such a huge bust. I like the fact that Dampier and lhis azy ass didn't get off the bench last night. Maybe in the next game he will at least put Blair into the 4th row if he comes out manhandling other Mavs players.
If the Mavs can maintain that kind of intensity the Spurs won't get within 10 points of them in another game. But we have all seen the Mavs can't keep it up. But I'm hopeful!

waterboy
04-28-2010, 09:07 AM
We have seen flashes of this team all season. They beat the Spurs 3-1 in the season series and then to go out with those 3 lame-ass efforts in the playoffs was such a huge bust. I like the fact that Dampier and lhis azy ass didn't get off the bench last night. Maybe in the next game he will at least put Blair into the 4th row if he comes out manhandling other Mavs players.
If the Mavs can maintain that kind of intensity the Spurs won't get within 10 points of them in another game. But we have all seen the Mavs can't keep it up. But I'm hopeful!
The Mavs can keep it up, but the question is......will they? They are streaky in that way. One night they can do no wrong, the next they can do no right, but for the most part it's on streaks. And, YES, they have to be PHYSICAL on both offense and defense. I don't care what it takes, STOP those drives, get into the passing lanes, and get into the faces of the outside shooters. On offense, don't settle for outside shots all the time. Drive to the hoop, push the ball and not get late into the shot clock, pass the ball crisply to the open guy, and don't turn the ball over. If they do that the Spurs cannot beat them. If they can get this next win in San Antonio, I like their chances in a game 7.:clap:

Farmersfan
04-28-2010, 12:29 PM
The Mavs can keep it up, but the question is......will they? They are streaky in that way. One night they can do no wrong, the next they can do no right, but for the most part it's on streaks. And, YES, they have to be PHYSICAL on both offense and defense. I don't care what it takes, STOP those drives, get into the passing lanes, and get into the faces of the outside shooters. On offense, don't settle for outside shots all the time. Drive to the hoop, push the ball and not get late into the shot clock, pass the ball crisply to the open guy, and don't turn the ball over. If they do that the Spurs cannot beat them. If they can get this next win in San Antonio, I like their chances in a game 7.:clap:

Things were soooo much better last night than the previous 3 games for Dallas. I think the Spurs had like 37 second chance points to 10 for Dallas in one of those loses. Second chance points are nothing but hussle points and giving them up is just lazy play. How many times did we see 1 Spur get a rebound while surrounded by 4 Mavs? Unacceptable! I would give Eduardo more playing time and let him beat Duncan up just like the Spurs do to Dirk. so what if he fouls out. Then it's Dampiers turn. Get very, very physical with the old man!!!! But the Mavs continue to take the physical play of the Spurs without much retaliation. (and the refs are rediculous). But I agree about game 7. The Mavs should take it if they can force one.