PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben for Romo

CenTexSports
04-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Why would this not be a great win/win for both teams? The Steelers want to protect their image by getting rid of Ben. the Coyboys would get a proven winner and both are about the same age.

Thoughts?

Ranger Mom
04-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Why would this not be a great win/win for both teams? The Steelers want to protect their image by getting rid of Ben. the Coyboys would get a proven winner and both are about the same age.

Thoughts?

It wouldn't be a good idea because I wouldn't get to wear my Romo jersey that someone gave me for Christmas!!:)

Farmersfan
04-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

Thoughts?

Great deal for the Cowboys! The Steelers would never go for it.

TheDOCTORdre
04-22-2010, 01:37 PM
yeah lets go for it, the boys were a dynasty in the 90s with players who liked to have a little too much fun, bring back pacman!!!:D

Green Bling
04-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Jerry says the Cowboys don't need a QB. I'm surprised he wasn't all over this. BR is just the kind of guy he usually goes after. Glad he is staying with Romo!

Farmersfan
04-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Big Ben is actually 2 years younger than Romo and he has proven he can win the big one! But there is the off-the-field issues thing.
I would rather they draft a QB with #27.

nationalpastime
04-22-2010, 01:52 PM
no freakin' joke. there's some mid-major quarter backs that, given a couple of years would probably make decent, if not competitive quarterbacks in the league.

i would like to see the 'boys with some more athleticism on the offensive line before i completely write tony off though.

Txbroadcaster
04-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Big Ben is actually 2 years younger than Romo and he has proven he can win the big one! But there is the off-the-field issues thing.
I would rather they draft a QB with #27.

Big ben would not fit on this team with this OL..he is to much a statue and takes a TON of hits( everyone talks about Romo's fumbles, Big Ben is just as bad if not worse)

And he has proven he can play for a team that wins the big one..not really sure I would call him a big game QB

and I hope you mean you would want them to draft a QB only as an alternative to this idea and not just saying I hope they draft a QB in 1st round this year

Old Dog
04-22-2010, 03:06 PM
They don't need no stinking QB, the back ups they have aren't even allowed on the field durng a game. Romo took every single snap this last regular season. Dallas can't get in front enough to let Kitna or McGee take some game ending snaps!!!!!!!!!

Farmersfan
04-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
They don't need no stinking QB, the back ups they have aren't even allowed on the field durng a game. Romo took every single snap this last regular season. Dallas can't get in front enough to let Kitna or McGee take some game ending snaps!!!!!!!!!

The Dallas QB in the final game of the season for his NFL career:

06'. vs. Seattle 89 QB Rating. Lost
07' vs Giants 64 QB Rating. Lost
08' vs Phil 55 QB Rating. (to miss the playoffs completely)
09' vs Min. 66 QB Rating. Lost

Yea, I'd say they might need to draft a QB!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Tim Tebow

TheDOCTORdre
04-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Tim Tebow

I think Jerry Jones has an opinion on that:D

Keith7
04-22-2010, 03:45 PM
They should relocate to Oklahoma City

ziggy29
04-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
Jerry says the Cowboys don't need a QB.
This from the guy who trotted Quincy Carter out there for a while...

Txbroadcaster
04-22-2010, 04:23 PM

Then SD must need a new QB
last game

06 55 rating
07 46
08 105
09 76 rating

basically any QB that did not win the SB there is a great chance their rating is not going to be to great in a loss

BreckTxLonghorn
04-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
last game

06 55 rating
07 46
08 105
09 76 rating

basically any QB that did not win the SB there is a great chance their rating is not going to be to great in a loss

+1. My thoughts exactly.

Pick6
04-22-2010, 04:32 PM

You're the guy would would take Dilfer over Marino :rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
04-22-2010, 06:07 PM
last game

06 55 rating
07 46
08 105
09 76 rating

lol my thoughts exactly.

Farmersfan... retarded.

Old Dog
04-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Farmersfan, I think you misread my comment, of course Dallas needs to do SOMETHING at QB. But, Jerry ain't gona let that happen. Whether you like Kitna/McGee or not, somebody besides Romo needs to take some end of the game snaps. If Ron Romo goes down, it's bye bye season most likely.

Farmersfan
04-23-2010, 10:03 AM
last game

06 55 rating
07 46
08 105
09 76 rating

So basically your saying that the QB rating is important to a team's chance to win the game? Do you believe Romo's poor season ending game numbers are due to the LOSS or is the LOSS due to Romo's poor numbers? (or any QB for that matter). It's the ultimate in "chicken or egg" debates.

Farmersfan
04-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
lol my thoughts exactly.

Farmersfan... retarded.

Maybe! Or maybe it's GENIUS! Imagine the impact on the league when it gets out that a QB must play well for a team to win!!!! It'll be widespread mayhem and destruction. All those team that were build to win with a BAD QB will be soooooo pissed! :D

Daddy D 11
04-23-2010, 10:13 AM
So basically your saying that the QB rating is important to a team's chance to win the game? Do you believe Romo's poor season ending game numbers are due to the LOSS or is the LOSS due to Romo's poor numbers? (or any QB for that matter). It's the ultimate in "chicken or egg" debates.

i think what he is saying is that it is really dumb to only use statistics of a QB in games that he lost...

Farmersfan
04-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
i think what he is saying is that it is really dumb to only use statistics of a QB in games that he lost...

Not if you are trying to find out WHY YOU LOST!!!!!!!

Daddy D 11
04-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Not if you are trying to find out WHY YOU LOST!!!!!!!

the cowboys had a winning record last year... so more times than not he was the reason WHY YOU WON

can't win em all

Txbroadcaster
04-23-2010, 04:04 PM

I personally hardly ever lay the blame of a loss on one player

but out of the 4 games u gave

I dont blame Romo the QB for the Seattle loss, we all know how that one ended, but he did his job as a QB to get the team into FG position( side note..people seem to think that kick wins the game for sure..no, it would have gave them a lead but Seattle would get the ball back with about a minute left and Dallas secondary at that time was terrible, so it is not like the FG sealed the game)

Giants game was a strange game..Dallas had game in hand until letting the Giants score at end of the half because of a TERRIBLE penalty. The 2nd half the Giants pass rush ate up the OL

Eagles game EVERYONE is to blame

Minny game..just like Giants game, when your QB cant plant his throwing foot before he is getting killed your offense aint moving the ball

Emerson1
04-24-2010, 02:24 PM
lol @ this thread.

Romo would have 2 rings too if he played with that amazing defense.