PDA

View Full Version : Texas Cinches State Farm Lone Star Cup this year!

Phil C
04-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Yesterday they won the Women's tennis match 5 - 2 and got to 8.5 points. Then tonight they won the softball game 4 -1 for a half point to get to 9 points and then swept a great Aggie Men's tennis team 7 - 0 to get the final point and reach ten point which cinches it. This is important because only 4 points left are Outdoor Track And Field and Golf and the Aggies should get all 4 even though the UT tennis team may be competitive.

Great news indeed! The trophy is returning to Austin! :clap:

Phil C
04-25-2010, 05:40 PM
The Aggies get 2 more points in Golf but the lead is still 10 - 7 with just 2 points with the Aggies expecting to get both Outdoor Track and Field Points. Both teams played well in the tournament and UT actually had a small lead after the second day but the Aggies overcame them the third day for the points. But it was closer than I expected with UT having most golfers back next year. Still it was a good thing the tennis teams swept the Aggies and won the softball game. It looks like the final 10 - 9 finish as I expected as the Cup returns back to Austin.

Phil C
05-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Behold our trophy. :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3282/3010775819_b088a46687.jpg

Phil C
05-16-2010, 10:16 PM
The final two points as expected were won by the Aggies in the Men and Women's Outdoor Track and Field Sports making the final 10-9 in this year's competition.

The Aggie Women's team dominated with 156 points with Nebraska in second place with 102 points. UT had third with 93 points just edging out Iowa State with 89 points.

The Men's competition was a three team fight with Nebraska winning the championship with 118 points followed by Oklahoma for second with 114 points and A&M third with 110 points. UT was seventh with 56 points. Of the top three though I expect the Aggies to do better in the advanced playoffs.

So the final score for this year as reported above is in UT's favor at 10 to 9 and the trophy is coming back to Austin.

:)