PDA

View Full Version : PP player ineligible ?

3afan
08-28-2003, 07:59 AM
according to a story in the DMN a Pilot Point running back has been ruled ineligible - CJ Hatten ........ PP, is this a big impact ???

Chief Woodman
08-28-2003, 08:38 AM
Had heard that there was a boy or a few boys (you know how things grow) that had followed G A from Celina to PP and that there was some leagal wrangling over them. Is this true, and if so is this one of the kids?

Keith7
08-28-2003, 10:50 AM
CJ Hatten did play for Celina last year.. he returned kicks, and was a back up running back.. I havn't heard about him transfering.. but i'm from Gainesville.. so i dont know..

GA Moore prolly recruited them when he was in Celina and they wanted to be with the guy that recruited them

Fletch
08-28-2003, 02:44 PM
It's easy to understand. Once CJ repays his signing bonus (pro-rated) and the monthly housing allowance, he will be released to play elsewhere. He also has to return the Trans-am.

Keith, you crack me up.

Bandera YaYa
08-28-2003, 02:47 PM
Hey, ask PPHead...he should know! :D :D

Chief Woodman
08-28-2003, 03:32 PM
IF the young man did play in Celina last year or so....AND IF....he has been ruled ineligible by the UIL as apparently reported in a newspaper...then one conclusion is that something illegal was going on. Does not mean G A was recruiting. Another conclusion could also be that G A allowed the boy to participate until the final ruling. If he did not participate in a regular season game, there may have been no rules violation. (May have been...do not know the rules well enough to say for sure either way)

IF he did not play for Celina....and IF he was not ruled ineligible...then G A did noting wrong by commission or ommision. A man is innocent until proven guilty.

But if the UIL has already looked into and ruled...then let the chips fall where they may.

crzyjournalist03
08-28-2003, 04:53 PM
what grade is this guy in? If he's not a senior, he probably falls into one of those little known UIL rules that says you must live in a city for a year before being eligible for varsity sports unless it is your senior year.

Cowtown
08-28-2003, 10:09 PM
C.J. is a senior this year. He moved to Pilot Point last spring before school was out. He ran on Pilot Point's JV track team.

sinton66
08-28-2003, 10:18 PM
I saw on the pig that the UIL Executive committee has indeed ruled him inelgible to play.

Chief Woodman
08-28-2003, 10:21 PM
Why was he ruled ineligible?

sinton66
08-28-2003, 11:03 PM
They didn't go into great detail. but it said that the move was considered "for athletic purposes". PP folks were saying it was the Dad's fault. They were reporting that G.A. and the school did nothing wrong.

celinaorange
08-29-2003, 12:20 AM
CJ's father was upset last year that CJ did not carry the ball enough....last spring during baseball season CJ was put in as a pinch runner and got picked off...coaches corrected him and he got pissed...father came to Butch next day and told him he was taking CJ to Pilot Point to play football next season( which would be his senior year)...district executive committee ruled that he went to PP for athletic reasons only...state committee did not have to rule on anything ..the ruling was already made by the district and state would not over rule that decision....if father had just moved to PP and not been so vocal about it..CJ probably would be playing for PP...he would not be that good and the kids in Celina probably wish that he could play ...same situation with the Nixon kid (went from Celina to McKinney North after his freshman year because Butch and Bill would not gaurantee that he would be qb) then went to Shreveport Evangel the week after their qb left a year earlier to go to USC....was ruled inelgible for this year and won't be able to play this year (his senior year) again, if father had left the kid alone he probably would still be playing in Celina....CJ has a brother(Matt) who is a junior this year and I am not sure as to whether or not he is playing at PP...

Chief Woodman
08-29-2003, 11:15 AM
Don't ya hate it when a kid dosn't get his way and the parents try to "fix" things? Wonder if mommy and daddy will be able to fix things forever. Best to learn early that we do not always get our way, and that life is not always "Fair"

zeke
08-29-2003, 11:40 AM
CELINAORANGE, How many carries per game on average and yards per carry would you estimate the kid got last year at Celina. Was he as talented as the starter at that position? Was the starter a senior?

Keith7
08-29-2003, 06:01 PM
We played Celina last year, and i know he was a really talented kick and punt returner, but not there best running back by far..

celinaorange
08-30-2003, 01:51 AM
cj was an average offensive player at best...carried the ball maybe 7-8 times a game (probably more early in the season) averaged 5-6 yds per carry...was pretty tough, but very hot-headed and easy to get rattled...would not have been a factor in this year's plan for primary running back..

Chief Woodman
11-18-2003, 06:35 PM
TTT