PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Sanders

MJMbrahmas10
04-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Emmanuel Sanders is planning on getting drafted this weekend in the NFL draft. He is a Bellville native and hasn't forgot about his hometown. He is currently in Bellville doing 17 hours of community work, 17 is a number which has done so much for him(college number) so he is paying it back to his community. He has made visits to the Boys and Girls Club of bellville and Younglife organization (youth group for high schoolers), also visited the local youth sports teams and worked on improving the little league fields. Legendary Ernie Koy of Bellville has also met up with him for lunch. His main goal is putting little towns like Bellville on the map. He has started a page on facebook called, Emmanuel Sanders: When a Dream Becomes Reality

Reds fan
04-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
Emmanuel Sanders is planning on getting drafted this weekend in the NFL draft. He is a Bellville native and hasn't forgot about his hometown. He is currently in Bellville doing 17 hours of community work, 17 is a number which has done so much for him(college number) so he is paying it back to his community. He has made visits to the Boys and Girls Club of bellville and Younglife organization (youth group for high schoolers), also visited the local youth sports teams and worked on improving the little league fields. Legendary Ernie Koy of Bellville has also met up with him for lunch. His main goal is putting little towns like Bellville on the map. He has started a page on facebook called, Emmanuel Sanders: When a Dream Becomes Reality

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bull's-eye
04-21-2010, 12:18 AM
NFL draft expert Mike Mayock has Sanders rated as his #4 receiver. Emmanuel has come a long way since his high school days. Most people didn't think he was big enough or good enough to be a D1 college receiver. Not only did he prove them wrong, he became SMU's all-time leading receiver. Sanders has worked extremely hard, adding about 30 lbs of muscle since his high school days. He has also improved his speed, Sanders recently ran a 4.4 forty and was the 2nd fastest receiver at the NFL combine.

Watching Sanders play at Bellville, I saw a very good productive player, but not a future NFL player. I followed him at SMU and was amazed at how he took his game to the next level and kept producing. Right in front of our eyes, he has transformed himself into one of the top receiver prospects and is about to make his NFL dream come true. I have seen first hand what dedication, determination & hard work can do, not only will he make a NFL roster, I'm betting on him being a very productive player. Good luck "Mad Ball", we are pulling for you! :clap: :clap:

CheerMom
04-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Congrats!!! I wish him the best of luck!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
04-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10

Bull's-eye
04-21-2010, 12:11 PM
I seen one mock draft with him going to Philly. Boy, I hope not!! :D

zebrablue2
04-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Manny is a great kid with a bright future. Proud to say I coached him back in the day. Had to put he and another kid in the stands for a few minutes. Wonder if he remembers that. I wish him all the best!!

Bull's-eye
04-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Manny is a great kid with a bright future. Proud to say I coached him back in the day. Had to put he and another kid in the stands for a few minutes. Wonder if he remembers that. I wish him all the best!!

...but you were a smart coach and got him back on the field. :D

Old Tiger
04-21-2010, 04:55 PM
I remember playing against him...we pretty much contained him except for one play where a sophomore safety blown coverage and he scored. That was a good game his senior year in bi-district of playoffs.

Keith7
04-21-2010, 04:57 PM
He played for SMU therefore he is dead to me

rancher
04-21-2010, 05:07 PM
I wish him the best, great to see him giving back to the community. I have great memories of him and Jess Buenger on those long passes. Distinctly remember the Huffman playoff game in Aldine where he had a great game. Hope to see him playing the same on Sunday.

MJMbrahmas10
04-21-2010, 09:30 PM
do you remember the rice game that was played on saturday because of tradegic reasons. And i think it was for district? and he made a play were he ran around behind the line back and forth, then ended up gettin a huge gain? this play seems to stick with me.

Green Bling
04-21-2010, 10:02 PM
This is a real feel good story! Hope he keeps his head and stays grounded! Sounds like he is making a good start of it!:clap: :clap: :clap:

OLE'BULL
04-22-2010, 10:20 AM
I played with him when he was a sophmore and he was a gamer then. At the time he had raw talent, wasnt quite "polished", and hadn't developed physically. Look at him NOW! http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/57/570317.jpg
Every year from then until now, he has improved. He didnt peak and will only get better. I am excited for him and his oppurtunity. Its not every day someone from Bellville gets to the show....

BaseballUmp
04-23-2010, 08:24 PM
82nd pick to the Steelers!

Bull's-eye
04-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Sanders goes to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 3rd round.

Reds fan
04-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

Congratulations and best wishes to Mr. Sanders!

Bull's-eye
04-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Mike Wallace has the #17 for Pittsburgh, I wonder what Number Sanders will get?

zebrablue2
04-24-2010, 05:19 AM

:clap: but I cannot stand the steelers!! I will be pulling for manny though, and many congrats to him.:2thumbsup

navscanmaster
04-24-2010, 09:30 AM
How about those Steelers! Two Brazos Valley boys in the receiving corps!

Green Bling
04-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
:clap: but I cannot stand the steelers!! I will be pulling for manny though, and many congrats to him.:2thumbsup :ditto:
Great opportunity for a Region IV boy!! Just wish him the best!!

Red Bull
04-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Way to go ES! It just goes to show you what a great showing at the combine in Indy can do for you. Last fall after the season Sanders was considered a late round pick at best and most "experts" thought he was just going to be free agent signing after the draft. Hard work and proper training to prepare for the combine made Emmanuel some big, big bucks. Congrats #17!

SintonPirateFan
04-26-2010, 07:35 PM
congrats to Mr Sanders for his accomplishments--both on AND off the field.

Bull's-eye
04-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Mike Wallace has the #17 for Pittsburgh, I wonder what Number Sanders will get?

Sanders will wear #18 for the black & gold.

PHS Wildcats
04-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Glad to have him!!!:clap:

Bull's-eye
04-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Update: The Steeler website shows Sanders now wearing #88, Lynn Swann's old number.

Bull's-eye
04-29-2010, 10:49 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10116/1053408-66.stm?cmpid=sports.xml

Nice story about Sanders.

Reds fan
04-29-2010, 11:01 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10116/1053408-66.stm?cmpid=sports.xml

Nice story about Sanders.

:iagree:

Good stuff!