PDA

View Full Version : Sinton 24 ,Altair Rice 6 FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sinfan75
09-13-2002, 10:00 PM
I hope it's right.This is one time I'm glad my prodection was wrong!HOW BOUT THEM PIRATES!!!!!!!

EAGLEBLUE
09-13-2002, 10:51 PM
Great job pirates!

Chris Hart
09-13-2002, 10:52 PM
Great win Sinton.

Pudlugger
09-13-2002, 11:11 PM
Well we know that Sinton is for real. Great win. I had ya'll by 14. Great win Sinton!

[This message has been edited by Pudlugger (edited September 13, 2002).]

Specklebelly
09-13-2002, 11:44 PM
Congrats Sinton, you went out there and took care of business like you were supposed to do. It took you a half to get warmed up but you got there. Both teams looked rough on offense, blowing chances for big plays in the 1st half. Sinton was the team that made the plays in the 2nd half though. That interception return really took the wind out of our sails. Good luck the rest of the season Sinton.

Old Cardinal
09-14-2002, 12:06 AM
Good job Pirates, I would love to see you stomp Burnet, I think everyone in Texas is tired of hearing them boast all the time! After tonight, I think Region III will come down to a game between Jasper and Bridge City for Div. I.....At this point JASPER looks unstoppable. Bridge City's new Coach is trying to build depth as the season progresses, by playing a lot of folks all through the ballgame....How is Sinton trying to build depth?

eye of the tiger
09-14-2002, 12:17 AM
Sinton keeps on rolling. Nice win.

3ABirdMan
09-14-2002, 12:23 AM
Congrats, Sinton. You guys show a lot of class on here, and your team showed a lot of class on the field last year! I'm sure this year will be no exception.

The road to the championship will certainly pass through Sinton. Maybe we'll meet you again this year! 'Til then, good luck!

sinton66
09-14-2002, 01:24 AM
***This game was 0-0 at the half!!!!*****

Well guys, slowly, maybe we'll get there. Rice definitely has some speed too! Both defenses looked strong the whole game. Offenses stuttered, but suspect the D's had a lot to do with that. Sinton got a little more loose this time, but the grand plays from last year appear to have gotten a little rusty. They'll get them working. We did manage to sustain one good solid scoring drive and a short field goal drive (49 yarder by Jurach)against a VERY good and fast defense. Defense scored one ( 93 yd int return by Chance Schmidt) and set us up for another(Bubba Heard scamper for about 21 yds). We're getting there. Thanks everyone!

Sinton Fans: GP won Battle of the Bridge, beat CC Carroll 20-7.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 14, 2002).]

sinton66
09-14-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
Good job Pirates, I would love to see you stomp Burnet, I think everyone in Texas is tired of hearing them boast all the time! After tonight, I think Region III will come down to a game between Jasper and Bridge City for Div. I.....At this point JASPER looks unstoppable. Bridge City's new Coach is trying to build depth as the season progresses, by playing a lot of folks all through the ballgame....How is Sinton trying to build depth?

Old Cardinal, right now we're just trying to get the timing back in time for district. These last two were TOUGH tests for a young Sinton line, but they found ways to win.
Hopefully before the regular season is over, we'll get the 2nd stringers in more.

Raider4ever
09-14-2002, 10:06 AM
Welp I just lost 3 dollers over that game! Damnit! But it was a very hard well played game well until after the 2nd half. We got very lucky when yall fumbled the ball in are endzone right at the end of 2nd quater. Also I have a question. What would of happened if the ball rolled into the back of are end zone?

But enough of that, I thought we could win but I guess that offensive Line was to much for are defensive line. We barely got any wheres running. I thought mabey we should of passed more. But if we did we couldnt have caught anything but the hard ones to catch.... Well Good day! and Go Rice Raiders. Lets finish up this seasons take it to the playoffs and (mabey somehow) take on Sinton.
Also very nice Field goal ( blows my mind that a high school player can do that )

------------------
http://members.hometown.aol.com/raider4ever5/myhomepage/raidersrule.gif

sinton66
09-14-2002, 10:15 AM
Raider4life, I was very impressed with your defense and your offense! You guys are good and FAST! Sinton's D will turn out to be one of the best. I promise, you guys will make some headlines. On your question, I assume you were asking if it had not gone out the back of the endzone. If you guys had covered, still would be a touchback. If Sinton covered, would be a TD. Hope that's what you were asking. Best of luck to the Raiders for the rest of the season.
And sorry, I forgot to ask, how is the player who was injured? Hope it wasn't serious. Ours didn't appear to be, but I haven't heard anything yet.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 14, 2002).]

Old Green
09-14-2002, 10:17 AM
Sounds like it was a hard fought Game.I should have went but I thought my gobblers might have a chance. Good luck to the Pirates and Raiders.

sinton66
09-14-2002, 10:39 AM
Old Green, it was a great game. Go look at the stats on the chronicle website and you'll see what I mean. Defensive battle all the way. And, thanks, good luck to you guys too, we'll see you in a couple of weeks. We definitely need to get together.

Old Green
09-14-2002, 10:48 AM
Sinton66 I will checke them out.

whtfbplaya
09-14-2002, 03:41 PM
sorry i had sinton by 21, off by 3, my bad guys ill do better next time.

sinton66
09-14-2002, 03:44 PM
No apologies necessary, NONE of us or the polls picked this one exactly! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

SintonFan_inAustin
09-14-2002, 03:57 PM
I think raider4life was saying if we had fumbled the ball into our endzone like 90 something yards away what would had been the call. It would had been a saftey and 2 points for the raiders.

Pirates defense right now is playing great with the execptions of pass defense where they have had some blown coverages but have gotten away with it cause the other team has not completed them. Offensive line is getting better which is a good sign. Sinton has outscored the opposition 54-6 in the second half which looks like the coaches are doing some good halftime adjustments now just gotta bring them out ready in the start of the game. GooD LucK Pirates against Orange Grove might not make it to that game.