PDA

View Full Version : Texas- Texas A&M Baseball

hookandladder
04-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Was that a whooping or what, total dominance hitting and pitching.

jrhernandez7
04-18-2010, 09:56 AM
agreed. my goodness, texas is as deep at the pitching postion i think they ever been. with cole green, youngman , an crew. Omaha or bust this year for the horns. They are playing like there pre season number 1 ranking. just shreading the competion in the big 12 this year.

SintonPirateFan
04-18-2010, 07:31 PM
i love Texas baseball. consistently in the top 10, if only we could find a basketball coach we'd have a trifecta! :D

Old Tiger
04-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Great series for the Horns they are starting to gel this late in the season and are about to set up for a great run to Omaha.

Daddy D 11
04-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Getting outscored 22-0 at home..... Childress is gonna kill them boys!

NastySlot
04-18-2010, 10:06 PM
looks like i'll be seeing the horns in omaha

Daddy D 11
04-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot

you going too? I'm booking my hotel tomorrow, i am real pumped

hookandladder
04-19-2010, 06:16 AM

Heading that way again also, last year in Rosenblatt Stadium. Make sure you get there on Thursday night, All day Friday is a blast at the stadium. Next year we move down town, we already have reservation to a RV park real close by the new stadium. Made some great connections in Omaha that pays off every year, good friend of mine owns Omaha Beef needless to say we eat and drink good.We need to hook up down there.

Phil C
04-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Don't be fooled by the scores of those games. They were both close for a while there.

hookandladder
04-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Don't be fooled by the closeness of the scores of those games. They were both close for a while there.

Maybe Sunday's game was close for a while, Texas pitching dominated.

NastySlot
04-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
you going too? I'm booking my hotel tomorrow, i am real pumped

yeah...as graduation gift for my son he and I going to make the trip on the way up were going to try and catch OKC Redhawks midweek(my son interned for them last summer)....swing on over to KC to watch them (unfort. against the stros) and our tickets have been coming in for the first weekend of the series and my son also bought GA booklets...............we going to stay cheap.......KOA campground for the first few nights there....maybe we can plan a meet and greet for downlower's there.

son has planned a great trip going to swing on over to Lincoln to check out NU campus and Memorial stadium.....he's even got a plan where we see KU, KSU, OU and OSU on the way back home........Looking forward to it.

NastySlot
04-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Don't be fooled by the closeness of the scores of those games. They were both close for a while there.

yeah like during the coaches pregame conferences...

Phil C
04-19-2010, 08:48 AM
yeah like during the coaches pregame conferences...

I'm sure you are being constructive and not sarcastic. :)

Phil C
04-19-2010, 08:49 AM
I repeat - those games were close for a while there in spite of what the final scores were. I know - I watched the games on tv.

Rule #76
04-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Might make a return trip as well. Just went to the Championship series last year and will do the same if they make it. Its a shame that they are tearing down Rosenblatt!! I talk to some locals and they aren't happy about that. Said the new location isn't near as good as where it is now.

NastySlot
04-19-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Rule #76
Might make a return trip as well. Just went to the Championship series last year and will do the same if they make it. Its a shame that they are tearing down Rosenblatt!! I talk to some locals and they aren't happy about that. Said the new location isn't near as good as where it is now.

yeah the new stadium has be thinking this will become another commericalized championship...............imo this was one of the last pure championships in college sports.......cws and the softball series.

NastySlot
04-19-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm sure you are being constructive and not sarcastic. :)

well i was trying to be sarcastic........but when I started to think about it............it wasn't even close at the pregame conferences.

Daddy D 11
04-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Shoot. We are definitely going to have to do a meet and greet.

buff4life
04-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Shoot. We are definitely going to have to do a meet and greet.

yessir I'm making plans for all 10-11 days

hookandladder
04-19-2010, 03:16 PM
If anyone needs a Hotel room, try Council Bluffs,Iowa. It is just across the river and rates are much cheaper and Casio's are right there also. Also a great town to stay in is Bellevue,NE., much easier to get to the stadium. You do not have to mess with the Interstate traffic, also it is on your way from Texas.

Daddy D 11
04-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
yessir I'm making plans for all 10-11 days

me too dude. got reserved tickets to all the games, we'll have a dang good time lol