coach
04-16-2010, 10:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5101576

NateDawg39
04-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Sigh.....I forgot all about this thing

Cameron Crazy
04-17-2010, 11:29 AM
He is just digging himself in a deeper hole.

NateDawg39
04-17-2010, 11:35 AM
If he even does win, and im not saying he would, what programs would want him then?

Green Bling
04-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Final nail in the coffin of his career!!

NateDawg39
04-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Green Bling
Final nail in the coffin of his career!! maybe he will be on dancing with the stars next

Keith7
04-17-2010, 01:00 PM
So is everyone on Adam James' side now? :confused:

Green Bling
04-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
maybe he will be on dancing with the stars next :clap: :fnypost: :clap:

coach
04-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
So is everyone on Adam James' side now? :confused:

i dont thin ppl are taking sides i just think ppl are tired of hearing him and all his bull crap

TheDOCTORdre
04-17-2010, 02:37 PM
in a souple of years someone will take a chance on hiring him

95mustang
04-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
in a souple of years someone will take a chance on hiring him

The longer he drags this soap opera out the longer it will take for him to get a job.

Trashman
04-17-2010, 03:57 PM
He will land on someones staff as an OC. No school is going to take a chance on him as the HC, way too much baggage!

ATMO
04-18-2010, 02:49 PM
This runs along the lines of a HS coach being accused of sexual misconduct with a student. It doesn't matter if it happened or not, the coaches' reputation has been tarnished. I believe Mike Leach was unlawfully terminated. To argue that he needs to just move on is ludicrous. If he can't get another job, he at least needs to get his compensation.

If I were in his shoes, I'd fight to the bitter end.

bobcat4life
04-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Which is more annoying to still bring up-this or Tiger Woods wood?

I do believe he was wrongfully terminated. Even if it did happen, he should have gotten suspended for the bowl game and maybe have a fine to pay the school or the James family but not fired. He was sent packing just to get rid of the money it would cost Tech

bigwood33
04-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
He was sent packing just to get rid of the money it would cost Tech

I don't think it was ever really about the money. In the big scheme of things, it isn't that much money. Whether it was really about Adam James or they were just looking for a reason, I don't know. What I do know is Mike Leach is a jerk. His surly personality and condescending, vulgar manner caused the real problem.

bobcat4life
04-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I don't think it was ever really about the money. In the big scheme of things, it isn't that much money. Whether it was really about Adam James or they were just looking for a reason, I don't know. What I do know is Mike Leach is a jerk. His surly personality and condescending, vulgar manner caused the real problem. I worded that poorly. I meant that they used the money and the James thing as excuses to get rid of him

BullsFan
04-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I worded that poorly. I meant that they used the money and the James thing as excuses to get rid of him

That's exactly what I think. If things had been golden between Leach and the admins the James thing would have been swept under the rug no matter what Craig James is or who he knew. Instead it made national news and then Leach gets fired. And who does everyone blame? Adam James. I think the admin got off pretty darned lucky on this one--they fired a guy they wanted to fire and let someone else take the heat.

Farmersfan
04-19-2010, 08:53 AM
The fact that Leach didn't back down when he was instructed to made it impossible for them to do anything but fire him. He did great things for the Tech Program but his actions after the suspension that resulted in his termination and his actions now shows exactly what the admin has been dealing with for years. The man was a arrogant jerk!

JJWalker
04-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Well, if what I have read paints the picture that comes out in front of a jury, provided it actually makes it to trial, then Tech and the defendants are in trouble.

Tech, the administration, board of regents and the athletic department really needed to be patient, cross their T's and dot their I's and let the process work in a paitient and proper manner.

Instead it looks like their egos and strong handedness has put them on thin ice.

The defendents in Leach's complaint appear to have exposed themselves to penalty.

This is what appears to have come out through "discovery".

And ... here is a hot sports opinion ...

Craig James will not be fired by ESPN ... instead his contract simply will not be renewed. And ... you will probably see less and less of him nationally until that happens.

LE Dad
04-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
Well, if what I have read paints the picture that comes out in front of a jury, provided it actually makes it to trial, then Tech and the defendants are in trouble.

Tech, the administration, board of regents and the athletic department really needed to be patient, cross their T's and dot their I's and let the process work in a paitient and proper manner.

Instead it looks like their egos and strong handedness has put them on thin ice.

The defendents in Leach's complaint appear to have exposed themselves to penalty.

This is what appears to have come out through "discovery".

And ... here is a hot sports opinion ...

Craig James will not be fired by ESPN ... instead his contract simply will not be renewed. And ... you will probably see less and less of him nationally until that happens. I agree totally... Tech is in a weak position, never talk on phone, write letters, or send emails about what you think of someone or what you intend to do to someone. You can defend yourself against he said she said but if it is written or spoken records it can put you in a bad spot especially when attorneys get ahold of it....

ESPN is handling this very, very well. It is ashame that James, TT, and Leach couldn't handle their situation in a similar fashion.:thinking: