PDA

View Full Version : The movie "College Confidential" is on tv early Saturday morning!

Phil C
04-16-2010, 03:02 PM
In fact it starts at 1:45 A.M. on TCM. It is not at a good time so set those recorders. This is a good movie with wacky humor. I can put it in the sports forum because it has the great Rocky Marciano as the deputy sheriff in a supporting role. Steve Allen (who was a tv host in the 1950s like Johnny Carson and David Letterman) plays a college professor falsely accused of corupting young peoples's (college students) minds. Allen's real life wife Jayne Meadows plays a reporter that is won over by Allen and helps him to fight to prove he is innocent. The beautiful Mamie Van Doren plays Sally who is one of his students and Mickey Shaugnessy plays the Justice of the Peace. Elisha Cook Jr. plays Van Doren's father Ted and he is great in this movie and probably deserved an oscar nomination for best supporting actor in this movie. He steals every scene he is in but be sure to watch for his blowing his cool scene at the start of the movie when Van Doren comes in at 3 in the morning. This scene is terrific. Way to go Elisha. Walter Winchell one of the top radio newscaster of the 40s and 50s plays himself as a reporter on the events.

Don't miss this one! I saw this when it was shown in the theatres in 1960 and even though there are wacky going ons in the movie you can tell the cast members were enjoying themselves very much and I did too. It is one you will enjoy and the dialogue between Allen and Meadows is very witty and entertaining.

Phil C
04-16-2010, 03:07 PM
I need to also mention that the great country music singer Conway Twitty plays Marvin in a supporting role. This movie was made before he became a big country music singer.

Other famous people playing themselves also include Shellah Graham, Earl Wilson, Louis Sobol and James Bacon.

Bullaholic
04-16-2010, 03:37 PM
This movie deals with a prof and his sex survey---shame, shame, Phil...:o

Phil C
04-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Good Stuff. I hope everyone got to enjoy the movie.

Phil C
04-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
This movie deals with a prof and his sex survey---shame, shame, Phil...:o

Actually it was more of a socielogy study. :)