PDA

View Full Version : Temple ISD brings back corporal punishment

turbostud
04-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/15/AR2010041505964.html?g=0)

I think more schools should do this. I got my fair share of the paddle for being a knucklehead.

Phil C
04-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/15/AR2010041505964.html?g=0)

I think more schools should do this. I got my fair share of the paddle for being a knucklehead.

:eek:

Emerson1
04-16-2010, 07:37 PM
"Temple also requires the student's consent"

Eh. I think any student would just take the out of school suspension

LH Panther Mom
04-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
"Temple also requires the student's consent"

Eh. I think any student would just take the out of school suspension
Not if they have to miss a game for being in ISS!

BaseballUmp
04-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Yea, I would have much rather had the whoopin's...
Once you get some ISS time...at my school atleast...it makes you ineligible for a lot of year in things that a lot off people look forward to like play day and senior trips

Yoe_09
04-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Yea, I would have much rather had the whoopin's...
Once you get some ISS time...at my school atleast...it makes you ineligible for a lot of year in things that a lot off people look forward to like play day and senior trips

We didnt even have play day two years ago because of a water balloon incident that was pretty funny in my opinion.

TheDOCTORdre
04-16-2010, 11:16 PM
the whoopins are a lot easier to take anddont waste as much of your day

CenTexSports
04-17-2010, 02:50 AM
I am raising a grandson and he is in pre-k. He has already gotten 3 licks from the principal. It did wonders for his attitude and preformance in class. Don't get me wrong, he is all boy and boys will be boys but when the principla's name is mentioned, you can bet you get his attention. Same thing when Mamaw says wait till Granddaddy gets home.

BTW: He got licks using the principal's shoe.

Footballhudini
04-17-2010, 03:27 AM
Kids need to learn their boundaries as soon as they're old enough to know how to reciprocate communication. i may be a liberal, but i'm all for corporal punishment. did me no harm.

as a child (4 years old or so), my mother heard me repeating some bad words that my daddy used to say, so she put some hot peppers in my mouth! that might be grounds for child abuse these days, but (this is the ironic part/double entendre)...

it taught me how to bite my tongue.

---

wildstangs
04-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Props to Temple ISD. Now if the parents at home would paddle their kids, take away cell phones, take away computer time, take away tv time, not let kids get away with murder, etc. we might be able to salvage some of this generation.

TheDOCTORdre
04-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Props to Temple ISD. Now if the parents at home would paddle their kids, take away cell phones, take away computer time, take away tv time, not let kids get away with murder, etc. we might be able to salvage some of this generation.

no crap, i think the biggest joke ever is when a parent grounds their kid to their room for a week or two...to bad the room still has the phone, tv, xbox, computer, ipod and everything else

millcreek
04-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs

Ditto...

It's time for schools AND parents to take control and responsibility.

zeeman
04-17-2010, 12:03 PM
awesomeness

ziggy29
04-18-2010, 04:16 PM
I have no problem with this, particularly since it requires parental consent.

My one concern is, as the article notes, that boys are much more likely to get it than girls. Will it be like the criminal justice system which often comes down harder on men than on women, even for the same crime?