PDA

View Full Version : track rule question

pirate4state
04-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Is there a rule that states you must remain on the track at all times during a race? LOL

I realize how stupid this question is, because I'm thinking HELL YES there should be a rule against leaving the track, but last night, it appeared as if nothing happened to a runner who passed a pack of runners (800m) on the infield grass!!! :eek: :confused: :thinking:

rojosgirl
04-16-2010, 02:24 PM
BING,BING,BING! DQ!

kaorder1999
04-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Is there a rule that states you must remain on the track at all times during a race? LOL

I realize how stupid this question is, because I'm thinking HELL YES there should be a rule against leaving the track, but last night, it appeared as if nothing happened to a runner who passed a pack of runners (800m) on the infield grass!!! :eek: :confused: :thinking:

that should be a DQ

kaorder1999
04-16-2010, 02:40 PM
unless its deemed that he was forced off the track by someone else and then made his way back on. But if he voluntarily runs off the track then comes back on then it should be a disqualification

pirate4state
04-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
unless its deemed that he was forced off the track by someone else and then made his way back on. But if he voluntarily runs off the track then comes back on then it should be a disqualification nah, he wasn't forced off the track. he clearly stepped off the track with the sole purpose of getting ahead of the pack. it was so obvious to everyone in the stands. there was a huge groan and "hey, he can't do that" and THEN that's when the people who are SUPPOSE to be paying attention looked, but by that time he was already back on the track. :doh:

garciap77
04-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
nah, he wasn't forced off the track. he clearly stepped off the track with the sole purpose of getting ahead of the pack. it was so obvious to everyone in the stands. there was a huge groan and "hey, he can't do that" and THEN that's when the people who are SUPPOSE to be paying attention looked, but by that time he was already back on the track. :doh:

You need to stop spiking the coke with crown!:D

;)