Emerson1
04-16-2010, 10:40 AM
http://www.uil100.org/vote-baseball.php

He is better than Adrian Alaniz, his team just wasn't as good :D

Vote for Curtis Thigpen, Forney, Catcher while you are there too

Daddy D 11
04-16-2010, 10:53 AM
If everyone doesn't have Beckett as one of the 3 pitchers y'all are crazy lol

His senior year he hadn't given up a earned run... yes a run... until he faced Round Rock deep in the playoffs. Also in a game his senior year... he threw 97 in all 7 innings.

And Emerson, I picked Thigpen. I was batboy for UT for 3 years, when he was there and he was real cool. Always batted with a bat that had a crap ton of dents in one side and he would always tell me "as soon as i swing that bat you come sprinting out the dugout and grab it as quick as you can, dont let anyone touch it except you! If that umpire goes for it, you push him out the way and run off with it!" HAHA I always thought that was funny, bat was wayyy illegal.

LE Dad
04-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Segovia was amazing and the kid that pitched the year behind him was no slouch either. Curtis Thigpen, I remember that kid too.
Oh, I am so glad Forney went up to 4A.

:p

Emerson1
04-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Segovia was amazing and the kid that pitched the year behind him was no slouch either. Curtis Thigpen, I remember that kid too.
Oh, I am so glad Forney went up to 4A.

:p
Remember when your coach got ejected in that game in LE and he threw stuff onto the field?

LE Dad
04-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Remember when your coach got ejected in that game in LE and he threw stuff onto the field? LOL, that was not unusual. Rick Fowler was one intense dude. He did not take losing very well.

turbostud
04-16-2010, 11:10 AM
I love meltdowns by baseball coaches. They are the best.

Emerson1
04-16-2010, 11:32 AM
LOL, that was not unusual. Rick Fowler was one intense dude. He did not take losing very well.
I remember the play. He was right to argue it lol

NastySlot
04-16-2010, 11:50 AM
i understand and respect your campaigning but that list has a lot guys from before your time that were pretty dang h.s. ball players and later in their careers.

choosing two really isn't right...should choose a staff....................also arthur rhodes.....played at LaVega not Richfield..listed wrong.

LE Dad
04-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i understand and respect your campaigning but that list has a lot guys from before your time that were pretty dang h.s. ball players and later in their careers.

choosing two really isn't right...should choose a staff....................also arthur rhodes.....played at LaVega not Richfield..listed wrong. Nolan Ryan and Roger Clemmons caught my attention.. and I saw they have Drew Stubbs listed as Texarkana. He is actually an Atlanta kid.

NastySlot
04-16-2010, 11:58 AM
wow moldenhauer so good he made the ballot twice as catcher.

a pretty dang good pitcher missing off that list is Jimmy Jones pitched at Dallas Jefferson

Roger Metzger I know was born in Fredericksburg but don't think he played in Fred.....think he went to Holy Cross in San Antonio....not too sure about that though.

NastySlot
04-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Nolan Ryan and Roger Clemmons caught my attention.. and I saw they have Drew Stubbs listed as Texarkana. He is actually an Atlanta kid.

Ernie Banks caught my eye.

pirate4state
04-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot

choosing two really isn't right...should choose a staff....................also arthur rhodes.....played at LaVega not Richfield..listed wrong.

I saw that too. Which is why I mentioned in my thread that just to be listed/nominated was a great honor.

Sinton defeated Arthur Rhodes AND Zach Segovia in State championship games. ahhhhhhhhh :D :D :D

Keith7
04-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Hard to pick those others over the Ryan Express and other MLB pitchers

I bet Atlanta fans are mad Drew Stubbs is listed as being from Texarkana

LE Dad
04-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

I bet Atlanta fans are mad Drew Stubbs is listed as being from Texarkana :iagree:

kaorder1999
04-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Did Segovia ever lose a game in his 4 year career at Forney?

Emerson1
04-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Did Segovia ever lose a game in his 4 year career at Forney?
Not sure.

I know one year he pitched in the semis, then played 3rd and Forney lost in the finals(STUPID STUPID STUPID)

kaorder1999
04-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Not sure.

I know one year he pitched in the semis, then played 3rd and Forney lost in the finals(STUPID STUPID STUPID)

i think that was something they HAD to do that year. The better team was the team they faced in the semis and had to pitch zack in order to even MAKE IT to the finals. They won that game in 10 innings.

pirate4state
04-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i think that was something they HAD to do that year. The better team was the team they faced in the semis and had to pitch zack in order to even MAKE IT to the finals. They won that game in 10 innings. LOL you should always pitch your ace in the semi-final game to give you a better shot at making it to the finals.