PDA

View Full Version : Thsca Announces 2010 All-stars For The Thsca All-star Games

Gobbler Fan
04-15-2010, 04:47 PM
http://www.thsca.com/documents/2010%20All-Star%20Rosters.pdf

Nice combination of QB'S for the South Team ....Arndt and Godfrey

Cowboy_Up
04-15-2010, 04:54 PM
kam Jones from Edna was selected as well although they have him listed as DB. I think he can fill in at QB if needed.
Nice to see 2 players selected from little ole' 28-AAA

44INAROW
04-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
kam Jones from Edna was selected as well although they have him listed as DB. I think he can fill in at QB if needed.
Nice to see 2 players selected from little ole' 28-AAA
Ole WEAK D28 :p

Can't wait for the game..

waterboy
04-15-2010, 05:00 PM
When is this game taking place? I can't open the link....:confused:

Emerson1
04-15-2010, 05:19 PM
The 76th All-Star Football game presented by Fuddruckers, will be played on July 20 at the Alamodome. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. The South team will be coached by Andy Evans of Tatum High School, and the North will be coached by Bob Shipley of Brownwood High School.

Gobbler Fan
04-15-2010, 05:20 PM
The 76th All-Star Football game presented by Fuddruckers, will be played on July 20 at the Alamodome. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. The South team will be coached by Andy Evans of Tatum High School, and the North will be coached by Bob Shipley of Brownwood High School

millcreek
04-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Only six 3a players from the south? The south is deep at the qb position,,

Godfrey and Miller headed to University of New Mexico.

44INAROW
04-15-2010, 08:46 PM
maybe we can have a Meet and Greet - Lost Aussie - is there any hunting season in south Texas in July you wanna check out? :)

buckeyebob
04-17-2010, 04:49 AM
Anyone know how to get tickets?

I have asked Tyler's mom to let me know as soon as she finds out about Ticket info.. I'll post or let you know if you're serious about tickets... 44inarow;)

44INAROW
04-17-2010, 09:00 PM
article about Tyler Arndt (Cuero), Kam Jones (Edna), Chris Dorsey (Rice Consolidated), Landon Appling (El Campo)
http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2010/apr/16/mf_fballstars_041710_93101/?sports&local-sports

Local football standouts selected for Texas all-star game
Area players selected for all-star football game

Tyler Arndt is among the Texas All-Star selections after passing for 7,088 yards and 75 touchdowns during his high school career. He will attend Texas State University.
updated April 16, 2010 at 11:20 p.m.

All-Star Selections

Landon Appling, CB, 5-10, 175, El Campo

Kam Jones, DB, 6-0, 180, Edna

Tyler Arndt, QB, 6-4, 200, Cuero

Chris Dorsey, DL, 6-3, 250, Rice Consolidated

Cuero's Tyler Arndt, El Campo's Landon Appling, Edna's Kam Jones and Rice Consolidated's Chris Dorsey enjoyed great success during their high school football careers.

The four Advocate-area players led their teams to the playoffs and earned college scholarships for their performance.

But the last game they played in was a loss.

Arndt, Appling, Jones and Dorsey will get another chance to end their high school careers on a winning note in the Texas High School Coaches Association All-Star Football Game.

Appling, Arndt, Jones and Dorsey will be teammates on the South squad for the 76th annual all-star game, which is scheduled for Tuesday, July 20 at 7:30 p.m. at the Alamodome in San Antonio.

Arndt was a three-year starter at quarterback at Cuero and led the Gobblers to three consecutive Class 3A semifinal appearances.

Arndt will attend Texas State University after passing for 7,088 yards and 75 touchdowns during his career, and 2,379 yards and 27 touchdowns last season.

Appling was selected to the all-star game as a cornerback, but played virtually every position during the last three seasons at El Campo.

Appling played running back and defensive back and returned kicks last season for the Ricebirds, who advanced to the Class 4A, Division II regional playoffs last season.

Appling rushed for 1,392 yards and 19 touchdowns, caught 26 passes for 307 yards and had five interceptions last season.

Appling is also an outstanding baseball player and has received college offers in both sports.

Jones bounced back from an injury-plagued junior season and led Edna to the Class 3A, Division II area playoffs with his performance at quarterback.

Jones passed for 1,891 yards and 13 touchdowns, and rushed for 1,161 yards and 15 touchdowns.

Jones was selected to the all-star game as a defensive back, but hopes to play quarterback at Texas-San Antonio, which begins play in the 2011 season.

Dorsey will be a teammate of Jones at Texas-San Antonio. He was selected on the defensive line after leading Rice Consolidated in the Class 2A, Division II regional playoffs.

Dorsey had 103 tackles, nine sacks and caused six fumbles for the Raiders last season.

The South squad will be coached by Andy Evans of Tatum. Bob Shipley of Brownwood will coach the North team.

NOTES: The all-star basketball game is scheduled for Monday, July 19 at 7:30 p.m. at the Bill Greeley Arena.

The South team will be coached by Tarl Lloyd of Waco University and the North squad will be coached by Brad Chasteen of Coppell.

The all-star games will be held in conjunction with the coaches association's annual coaching school in San Antonio.

buckeyebob
04-19-2010, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Anyone know how to get tickets?

I have asked Tyler's mom to let me know as soon as she finds out about Ticket info.. I'll post or let you know if you're serious about tickets... 44inarow;)

Please do. Wife & I would like a trip to San Antonio & cap it off with a good football game