PDA

View Full Version : NHL playoffs

Pmoney
04-14-2010, 09:55 PM
The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs started to night with a big win by Ottawa over the defending champions Pittsburgh. Philly continued the upsets by defeating the Devils in the 2nd game of the night. As I type this the Red Wings are up 2-1 over the Coyotes at the 1st intermission and the Avalanche/San Jose game is tied 0-0 in the first period.

While I know that hockey isn't too big on the board, but I would still like to know who y'all think will win it this year.

I am rooting for an Avs championship but the odds are against them...I believe that Ovie and the Capitals will win it over the Blackhawks.

crzyjournalist03
04-15-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm pulling for Phoenix. After all they've been through over the last couple of years, they're a tremendous story. And, as an added bonus, they have Dave Tippett as their head coach who has spent all year proving how stupid the Stars were to fire him for Marc Crawford.

Old Tiger
04-15-2010, 11:15 AM
NHL marketing people aren't very good IMO. They should have capitalized off of the olympic wave that was riding with hockey but they didn't do enough to push the sport forward in the US.

onsideanytime
04-15-2010, 11:15 AM
what is this NHL yall are talking about? and do they show it on tv?

crzyjournalist03
04-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
NHL marketing people aren't very good IMO. They should have capitalized off of the olympic wave that was riding with hockey but they didn't do enough to push the sport forward in the US.

And what exactly would you have liked to see them do?