PDA

View Full Version : (oops) SIDE view mirrors

Ranger Mom
04-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Are yours set where you can partially see the side of your own vehicle???

I never knew that was "wrong" until I got an email, read an article in Car and Driver and saw this video.

How to correctly set your side view mirrors (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBj89kyTvWo)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Are yours set where you can partially see the side of your own vehicle???

I never knew that was "wrong" until I got an email, read an article in Car and Driver and saw this video.

How to correctly set your rear view mirrors (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBj89kyTvWo)

I can't see anything out of my rearview mirror. Stupid hatch.

Ranger Mom
04-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I can't see anything out of my rearview mirror. Stupid hatch.

Dang it.....I meant to name this thread...SIDE view mirrors!!!:doh:

Bullaholic
04-14-2010, 04:19 PM

But, they said you're not suppossed to see the side of your car....so would'nt it be "beside" view mirrors?....:D :devil:

LE Dad
04-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Whats behind me don't concern me.:D

Ranger Mom
04-14-2010, 04:51 PM
So no one has answered me....are yours set like the video says they are supposed to me, where you can't see the side of your own vehicle at all??

Or.....are they set like the majority of peoples where half the mirror is taken up with a side view from your own vehicle??

LE Dad
04-14-2010, 04:54 PM
So no one has answered me....are yours set like the video says they are supposed to me, where you can't see the side of your own vehicle at all??

Or.....are they set like the majority of peoples where half the mirror is taken up with a side view from your own vehicle?? I believe my drivers side does but my passenger side doesn't show my vehicle, but not half.:p

Trashman
04-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Mom, I can't see the video, but my side view mirrors are set so that I can see the sides.:D

big daddy russ
04-14-2010, 05:14 PM

Or.....are they set like the majority of peoples where half the mirror is taken up with a side view from your own vehicle??
I've always set mine to where I can't see the sides of my car. Then again, I used to drive where I needed that extra view due to all my crazy driving.

Green Bling
04-14-2010, 06:41 PM

Mine are set so that I can't see the side of my vehicle. I learned that in the LAST defensive driving class I had to take. :D
I remember that it took a while to trust them set that way.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-14-2010, 06:41 PM

You're an idiot.

DU_stud04
04-14-2010, 08:11 PM
ive always set mine for blind spots

Keith7
04-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Mine are set the appropriate way. I figured this trick out in high school.. My mom always had hers wrong growing up and I would try to fix it but I guess she likes seeing the side of her car as a way to know how far she has between whatever is driving next to her and her car

STANG RED
04-14-2010, 09:54 PM
I move mine around depending on the driving conditions. I set for a much narrower view for city driving, and alot wider view for highway driving. Unless I'm pulling a trailer. I want to see the sides of my trailer at all times, but just barely.

UPanIN
04-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Mine are set so" objects appear futher away than they are"

I always have room.:thumbsup:

I saw the article a week or so ago. Tried it and didn't like it.

BullsFan
04-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Hmmm. I have no idea how mine are set. I can't remember...