PDA

View Full Version : Late Coaching Changes

GreenMonster
04-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Is it just me or has there been a rash of late coaching changes this year? I know that it used to be the coaching standard to shy away from jobs that open up post-spring break. Not enough time to get your program in before it's go time in the fall. The discipline and structure changes need to be made in the spring so the kids know what to expect and there is a smoother transition to the playing field. Just seems like there have been a lot of jobs that opened late or the board drug their feet and strung out the hiring process so the new hire came late in the spring.

Bullaholic
04-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Is it just me or has there been a rash of late coaching changes this year? I know that it used to be the coaching standard to shy away from jobs that open up post-spring break. Not enough time to get your program in before it's go time in the fall. The discipline and structure changes need to be made in the spring so the kids know what to expect and there is a smoother transition to the playing field. Just seems like there have been a lot of jobs that opened late or the board drug their feet and strung out the hiring process so the new hire came late in the spring.

I think the modern-day coach hiring process has largely become a game of "musical chairs", GM. Everyone on both sides holds out until the last possible moment scared to death that they might pass a better opportunity or candidate if they decide too quickly. Sure makes for a chaotic process on both sides.