PDA

View Full Version : Texas Motor Speedway-places to eat

MUSTANG69
04-14-2010, 07:53 AM
My wife and I are heading for Fort Worth this weekend to attend the Nascar race. I haven't been in that part of the state in years. I need to know some good places to eat (especially steaks).

garciap77
04-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
My wife and I are heading for Fort Worth this weekend to attend the Nascar race. I haven't been in that part of the state in years. I need to know some good places to eat (especially steaks).

Cattlemen's Ft. Worth Steakhouse

For Mexican Food http://www.unclejulios.com/!

SintonPirateFan
04-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Riscky's Steakhouse in the stockyards is good.

Maroon87
04-14-2010, 09:07 AM

If you are staying by DFW airport, Bone Daddy's off 114 in Grapevine is good. They have steaks on the menu plus a lot of other stuff.

They had some gigantic draft beers there too.:cool:

Pick6
04-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
If you are staying by DFW airport, Bone Daddy's off 114 in Grapevine is good. They have steaks on the menu plus a lot of other stuff.

They had some gigantic draft beers there too.:cool:

Been there dozen's of times but I'm having a hard time remembering how the food tasted

lostaussie
04-14-2010, 09:37 AM
My wife and I are heading for Fort Worth this weekend to attend the Nascar race. I haven't been in that part of the state in years. I need to know some good places to eat (especially steaks). Good luck with the traffic. i attended the 1st 8 or 9 races there. I love to go to the track. I finally decided the traffic was just not worth it. Stayclear of 114 at all cost!!! I will honk when I go by thursday evening headed out to shoot some turkeys:D

MUSTANG69
04-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Good luck with the traffic. i attended the 1st 8 or 9 races there. I love to go to the track. I finally decided the traffic was just not worth it. Stayclear of 114 at all cost!!! I will honk when I go by thursday evening headed out to shoot some turkeys:D

I have never been to Texas Motor Speedway but I have been to Daytona. It took me 4 hrs to go 5 miles when the race was over. I think this race starts a 2:00 PM. We plan tlo leave the hotel at 9:00 AM.

lostaussie
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM
I have never been to Texas Motor Speedway but I have been to Daytona. It took me 4 hrs to go 5 miles when the race was over. I think this race starts a 2:00 PM. We plan tlo leave the hotel at 9:00 AM. lol..............you better leave about 6 if you want in on prerace festivities. like I said.........good luck!!!

44INAROW
04-14-2010, 09:51 AM
I will honk when I go by thursday evening headed out to shoot some turkeys:D

hey now - no need to be a hater :D j/k

re: Nascar.
my brother and his wife go to Texas Motor Speedway every year THey were talking about Bone Daddy's at Easter. They've made friends with this family from Canada and they now meet up and stay with and sit by each other each year. They now go on family vacations with this family. Pretty neat. I've never been into the Racing curcuit but my brother keeps telling me if I ever went, I'd be hooked. Heck, we go to Daytona every year for 4th of July and they have a big race there and alot of the people with us go to the race. I stay at the house and watch the waves crash :)

MUSTANG69
04-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
hey now - no need to be a hater :D j/k

re: Nascar.
my brother and his wife go to Texas Motor Speedway every year THey were talking about Bone Daddy's at Easter. They've made friends with this family from Canada and they now meet up and stay with and sit by each other each year. They now go on family vacations with this family. Pretty neat. I've never been into the Racing curcuit but my brother keeps telling me if I ever went, I'd be hooked. Heck, we go to Daytona every year for 4th of July and they have a big race there and alot of the people with us go to the race. I stay at the house and watch the waves crash :)

You should go to a race at least one time. There is a lot of excitement with prerace activities and it is a lot of fun just seeing all the different types of people that go and the things they do. The race is just a part of it.

Maroon87
04-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Good luck with the traffic. i attended the 1st 8 or 9 races there. I love to go to the track. I finally decided the traffic was just not worth it. Stayclear of 114 at all cost!!! I will honk when I go by thursday evening headed out to shoot some turkeys:D

114 is much better now than it used to be, at least when you're coming in from Irving/Grapevine area. That used to be a 3 hour drive on race morning but the last few years it has been just over an hour.

We usually get on the road about 8am and get to the parking lot around 9:30am or so. We always park on the back stretch (between the condos and the dirt track) because it is much easier to get out of after the race. Just watch the traffic cones at 114 & 35 on your way out to make sure you get in the right lane....the setup is different every time.

Also, try to buy all of your supplies before you head to the track, unless you don't mind paying 15 bucks for a 12 pack at the Albertsons on 377 in Roanoke.;)

Buckeye1980
04-14-2010, 11:55 AM
I also use to go every year, than I got married and the little boys came. They love watching the races on the 52 inch with daddy and in a couple years I plan on taking them . I hope I am still getting my free tickets then ( jus gave away 4 suite passes to a coworker for his wedding present ) The one thing you get in person that TV does not catch is the color of the event. TV cannot show all the pagentry.