PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods

STANG RED
04-13-2010, 01:56 PM
I’ve always been a Tiger Woods fan. But I have to admit I am rethinking it now. Even through all his latest turmoil, I would have overlooked it partially. But after watching his behavior and subsequent interviews over the 4 days of the Masters, I lost most of what little respect I still had for the guy. He was defiant, and completely un-gracious in most of his interviews, and I didn’t hear him congratulate Phil or anyone else even once. Yea I think I'm done with Tiger, unless he can prove he can really change his behavior. But It'll take him a lot longer to win my respect back, than it took to lose it. Frankly I’m ashamed of myself for ever defending him in the first place, and still having any respect for him after all the crap he has pulled.

Bullaholic
04-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Tiger loves him some Tiger---Sure glad you came to your senses, Red. :D

Daddy D 11
04-13-2010, 02:09 PM
thing is... Tiger doesn't care lol

95mustang
04-13-2010, 02:23 PM
The interview right after the Masters finished was the final straw in my book. Frankly I don't care if he plays again. I would rather watch a bunch of players that may not have the talent Tiger has, but who play for the love of the game and show good sportsmanship then watch someone who thinks they are above everyone else.

Daddy D 11
04-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
The interview right after the Masters finished was the final straw in my book. Frankly I don't care if he plays again. I would rather watch a bunch of players that may not have the talent Tiger has, but who play for the love of the game and show good sportsmanship then watch someone who thinks they are above everyone else.

The commentator was asking him dumb questions dude.... I guess he could refrain from the attitude a little bit but i mean come on... he asked some really stupid questions to tiger

95mustang
04-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
The commentator was asking him dumb questions dude.... I guess he could refrain from the attitude a little bit but i mean come on... he asked some really stupid questions to tiger

As you read I said final straw. The arrogance that seems to be oozing out of his body is the biggest issue. I am one that can care less about his personal life or what he has done. I can say at one time I was a Tiger fan but with all the temper tantrums that seem to come from him on a bad shot or when a commentator or journalists asks him a question he doesn't necesarrily agree with I find it hard to support him.

Daddy D 11
04-13-2010, 02:58 PM
As you read I said final straw. The arrogance that seems to be oozing out of his body is the biggest issue. I am one that can care less about his personal life or what he has done. I can say at one time I was a Tiger fan but with all the temper tantrums that seem to come from him on a bad shot or when a commentator or journalists asks him a question he doesn't necesarrily agree with I find it hard to support him.

I don't like his cussing at all. I think its really embarrassing. But in his defense, who ever it was interviewing him (i forget) was asking some stupid questions that are begging for a smartass answer. It was almost like they were setting him up to be a smartass!

NateDawg39
04-13-2010, 03:02 PM
I think he came back to early and has yet to be at peace with himself resulting in the violent behavior. I hope he can come to terms with himself and repair his heart and also hope his family is able to find peace someday.

pirate4state
04-13-2010, 03:22 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha man yall are too much! :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
04-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
hahahahahahahahahaha man yall are too much! :rolleyes:

Facebook down? :D :inlove:

STANG RED
04-13-2010, 03:37 PM

He'll dang sure care if enough people have the same attitude as I do, and his name cant sell anything.
But whats most important to me is, I CARE, regardless of whether spoiled little smartass Tiger does or not.

hookandladder
04-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Tiger is a spoiled brat, to much of his daddy in him.Will never change, Phil is the Master.

95mustang
04-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
He'll dang sure care if enough people have the same attitude as I do, and his name cant sell anything.
But whats most important to me is, I CARE, regardless of whether spoiled little smartass Tiger does or not. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm with ya Stang Red.

Reds fan
04-13-2010, 04:24 PM
I have felt that way about Woods from the very start! He has never had a respect for the game, or those who paved the way for him to make millions of $$$$ playing the game, or any aspect of golf. He came into golf with a chip on his shoulder and for all the God given talent he has been blessed with, he has treated all around him with arrogance and showing his narcissism. It started with his dismissal of Palmer and the Masters traditions years ago, I believe on his first visit there.

His attitude this week did nothing but enforce this feeling.

garciap77
04-13-2010, 04:24 PM

He will went his beautiful wife takes "HALF"!!!!!:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

garciap77
04-13-2010, 04:25 PM

:iagree:

Daddy D 11
04-13-2010, 05:55 PM
lol tigers wife could take half.... and he would still have more money than just about anyone.

People could stop buying his stuff too... and he would still be fine.

coach
04-13-2010, 07:17 PM
if you think tiger is bad then what about john mcenroe (sp)? larry bird, michael jordan, hell even dick butkus. They were all mean and had an edge to them. Tiger doesnt get mad anyone he gets mad at himself. He didnt say anything this weekend to the media that was bad. Hell nobody had the camera on them like he did. Im sure he wasnt the only one who was cussing after a bad shot. What about bobby knight, Vince lombardi. Im sure some of yall had hs coaches who had an edge about them. Now if tiger was in high school or college even then it would be a different story. This is the pros. He is trying to win and thats it. I see Kobe bryant throw a fit towards the ref several times a year andnoone says a thing about it. And Kobe isnt even cussing himself after he screws up. Tiger didn't do anything wrong this weekend. He came out and said he played bad and should have won. what is wrong with that?

bandera7
04-13-2010, 07:47 PM
The reporter was saying stupid stuff. Why were you upset? I wasnt playing well, why would I be all smiles? That is a great answer. He was not derogatory toward anybody and just was not happy with his performance.

LE Dad
04-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Tiger went from sex with up to 12 women to probably ZERO women in a matter of weeks.

Heck I'd be a little pissy too!!:devil:

STANG RED
04-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by coach
if you think tiger is bad then what about john mcenroe (sp)? larry bird, michael jordan, hell even dick butkus. They were all mean and had an edge to them. Tiger doesnt get mad anyone he gets mad at himself. He didnt say anything this weekend to the media that was bad. Hell nobody had the camera on them like he did. Im sure he wasnt the only one who was cussing after a bad shot. What about bobby knight, Vince lombardi. Im sure some of yall had hs coaches who had an edge about them. Now if tiger was in high school or college even then it would be a different story. This is the pros. He is trying to win and thats it. I see Kobe bryant throw a fit towards the ref several times a year andnoone says a thing about it. And Kobe isnt even cussing himself after he screws up. Tiger didn't do anything wrong this weekend. He came out and said he played bad and should have won. what is wrong with that?

So your excusing his bad behavior by sighting bad behavior by others? WOW, that might be the dumbest arguement of all time.
Hell I guess we can all just do whatever we want. Hitler killed millions of Jews, which should pretty much excuse anything anybody else could do. See how stupid that sounds?

TheDOCTORdre
04-13-2010, 09:36 PM
So your excusing his bad behavior by sighting bad behavior by others? WOW, that might be the dumbest arguement of all time.
Hell I guess we can all just do whatever we want. Hitler killed millions of Jews, which should pretty much excuse anything anybody else could do. See how stupid that sounds?

Tiger Woods had sex with a lot of women can i do that too then

zebrablue2
04-13-2010, 09:42 PM

:dispntd: you just don't get it !!

STANG RED
04-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Tiger Woods had sex with a lot of women can i do that too then

As long as you dont mind losing most of your lucrative endorsement deals, and can afford a few months away from your job, I guess its ok. You might want to ask coach to be sure though. He seems to be a much better authority on the matter.

coach
04-13-2010, 10:24 PM

how is saying tiger you suck to yourelf bad behavior?

coach
04-13-2010, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zebrablue2
:dispntd: you just don't get it !!

there is nothing to get...tiger didnt do anything bad this weekend...i will bet you that you arte a fan of an athlete who has done just as bad things tiger has done

Emerson1
04-13-2010, 10:32 PM

Remember what site you are posting on.

I think killing millions of people and saying "damnit tiger!" to yourself is a little bit different.

You are just being a hypocrite. Do you email the Sweetwater head coach every time he gets mad at a player for screwing up because it's bad behavior?

That's what I thought.

Spread It Out
04-13-2010, 11:00 PM
I like what he did. Let's be honest, Tiger's not going to go out there and kiss @$$ after the media has been riding him for the past several months on something they have no business even knowing, and then coming out and asking him utterly stupid questions in interviews. Tiger's affairs and sex ordeals are of his business, and his only. I have no problem whatsoever with him saying "damnit Tiger" after a bad shot; it shows that he still has the same drive and competitiveness that he's always had.

STANG RED
04-13-2010, 11:54 PM
how is saying tiger you suck to yourelf bad behavior?

You obviously did not watch the whole tournament or his interviews. He said much worse the tiger you suck, and acted like a complete jerk in his interviews. He hasnt changed one bit, like he promised everyone he was going to.

STANG RED
04-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Remember what site you are posting on.

I think killing millions of people and saying "damnit tiger!" to yourself is a little bit different.

You are just being a hypocrite. Do you email the Sweetwater head coach every time he gets mad at a player for screwing up because it's bad behavior?

That's what I thought.

Wow that is even dumber than coaches post. Why would i email the head coach for getting on to a player that screwed up???
If he just let it slide, I might have something to say to him though. But what the hell does that have to do with anything here anyway?

coach
04-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Wow that is even dumber than coaches post. Why would i email the head coach for getting on to a player that screwed up???
If he just let it slide, I might have something to say to him though. But what the hell does that have to do with anything here anyway?

so a coach can get onto a player but tiger cant get onto himself....

STANG RED
04-14-2010, 01:47 AM

Youve gotten so far off track with this now, I dont even know how to steer you back.

IHStangFan
04-14-2010, 02:09 AM
The dude can golf...there's no doubt about it...he's arguably the best ever...but that doesn't mean he's not a prick. These sports stars that everyone look up to are just people....just like the rest of us, with their flaws and quirks. Tiger is no different. I respect what he can do on the course, but otherwise I give a crap less about him. The media has gotten SO good at taking us deeper than we should go into these people's lives. I think that's part of the problem. Just think about how different Babe Ruth's legacy would have been if he'd of gotten the "in your face" media coverage back then that we have today. We already know he was a womanizing drunkard. I could only IMAGINE if he would have been covered by the media like Tiger and others are today. They'd of probably run him right outa baseball all together.

With that said....I think Tiger Woods is a arrogant, self-absorbed douche bag.

:)

Old Tiger
04-14-2010, 02:51 AM
There is Jack then there is Tiger for now. Phil isn't even a top 10 all time player. If it was Phil saying all this stuff you wouldn't think anything of it but since its Tiger everyone has to have an opinion no matter how right or wrong it is, which yours is obviously the latter of the right and wrong argument.

LH Panther Mom
04-14-2010, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
There is Jack then there is Tiger for now. Phil isn't even a top 10 all time player. If it was Phil saying all this stuff you wouldn't think anything of it but since its Tiger everyone has to have an opinion no matter how right or wrong it is, which yours is obviously the latter of the right and wrong argument.
Opinions are never right or wrong. :p

Emerson1
04-14-2010, 10:22 AM

wow yourself

Bullaholic
04-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
wow yourself

Stang is way too old to be doing that, Emerson...:D

STANG RED
04-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Stang is way too old to be doing that, Emerson...:D

Im too old for alot of things Bullaholic. But if Im gonna go down, I'm gonna go down swingin. Might even connect with a good shot or two.:D

Bullaholic
04-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Im too old for alot of things Bullaholic. But if Im gonna go down, I'm gonna go down swingin. Might even connect with a good shot or two.:D

Dang right, Stang--we can whip all these young flatbellies---you take the ones on the left and I'll take the ones on the right...:D

STANG RED
04-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Dang right, Stang--we can whip all these young flatbellies---you take the ones on the left and I'll take the ones on the right...:D
:confused: Wait a dog gone minute there Bull. From what I can tell, they all appear to be on the LEFT, some even on the FAR LEFT. :mad: You just planning on watching?;)

coach
04-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Youve gotten so far off track with this now, I dont even know how to steer you back.

so far you havent answered one of my questions and hasnt showed me once where he was in the wrong...you just keep saying tigers news conference was bad...what did he say that was bad? why was tiger bad last weekend?

PPSTATEBOUND
04-14-2010, 01:55 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/report-elin-close-to-filing-for-divorce?GT1=39002

may they find a man that is more concerend about his family then the vices of oneself.

I hope she breaks it OFF!

STANG RED
04-14-2010, 02:18 PM
so far you havent answered one of my questions and hasnt showed me once where he was in the wrong...you just keep saying tigers news conference was bad...what did he say that was bad? why was tiger bad last weekend?

If you read and comprehended my first post, watched the whole tournament, and watched his interviews on Saturday and Sunday, there would be no need to answer your questions. I know what I saw, and I know what I heard, and I made my determinations based on that alone. Whether you agree with it or not, is of no concern to me in the slightest. I hope you and Tiger have a wonderful life together. I’m done!

pirate4state
04-14-2010, 02:36 PM
If you read and comprehended my first post, watched the whole tournament, and watched his interviews on Saturday and Sunday, there would be no need to answer your questions. I know what I saw, and I know what I heard, and I made my determinations based on that alone. Whether you agree with it or not, is of no concern to me in the slightest. I hope you and Tiger have a wonderful life together. I’m done!

You heard and saw what you wanted to, just like Coach did. You didn't like it and have now written him off! Whatever will he do? :eek: :D

Hey, but thanks for the thread! :thumbsup: LOL

STANG RED
04-14-2010, 02:57 PM
You heard and saw what you wanted to, just like Coach did. You didn't like it and have now written him off! Whatever will he do? :eek: :D

Hey, but thanks for the thread! :thumbsup: LOL

You couldn’t be more wrong. I heard and saw exactly what I did not want to see or hear. That is the problem.

But hey, thanks for trying with your 2 bit psycho analysis. :thumbsup: LOL

pirate4state
04-14-2010, 03:08 PM
You couldn’t be more wrong. I heard and saw exactly what I did not want to see or hear. That is the problem.

But hey, thanks for trying with your 2 bit psycho analysis. :thumbsup: LOL

I'm not the one flipping out over Tiger! HAHAHA

coach
04-14-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm not the one flipping out over Tiger! HAHAHA

still hasnt answered my question i guess hes scared of me proving him wrong

STANG RED
04-14-2010, 09:42 PM
still hasnt answered my question i guess hes scared of me proving him wrong

LOL, yeah like anything you could do or say would scare me. Please get over yourself already. Get away from me little fly, you bother me.

coach
04-14-2010, 11:45 PM
LOL, yeah like anything you could do or say would scare me. Please get over yourself already. Get away from me little fly, you bother me.

just answer the question scardy cat