PDA

View Full Version : Let's get it on!

Farmersfan
04-13-2010, 07:44 AM
This forum is about as boring as a saturday night at the Farmersfan household!!!!!! Let's get some Mav's talk going.
The Mav's have a 1 game lead on Denver for the second spot in the West with just one game remaining and worst case scenerio they will go into the playoffs with the #3 seed. Last nights win guaranteed them at least 1 home series and a win in the last game will get them at least 2 home series. I have been very impressed with the play of the team in recent weeks and they seem to be peaking at the right time. They lost a couple important games in a row last week but since have put a whuppin' on some pretty good teams. What do you think?

waterboy
04-13-2010, 08:07 AM
They played awesome last night! Did you see that fast break dish off the board by Kidd that Marion tomahawk slammed? That looked like a play you'd only be able to see at the All-Star game.

They are playing about as good as they have in several years right now, but they have to play that way consistently to go anywhere in the playoffs. There's a lot of GOOD teams in the Western Conference that can play with the Mavs, but if the Mavs play at their best I'm not sure anybody will beat them. The Lakers haven't looked like themselves for several weeks now which opens the door for a possible upset of them in the first or second round. I'm not saying it will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised.

DU_stud04
04-13-2010, 06:07 PM
im ready to see them choke in the playoffs once again for some entertainment. it usually brings me happiness. :)

bwdlionfan
04-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
...... Last nights win guaranteed them at least 1 home series and a win in the last game will get them at least 2 home series.

That's IF they get a second series... all odds right now have them about a 75% chance of matching up with San Antonio in the first round

Go Spurs Go

Sweetwater Red
04-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
im ready to see them choke in the playoffs once again for some entertainment. it usually brings me happiness. :)

I was a big fan back in the Rolando Blackmon days when they'd win
50 games a year and make it one or two rounds deep. Their record of
futility in the second season goes why back.

eagleqb_14
04-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
im ready to see them choke in the playoffs once again for some entertainment. it usually brings me happiness. :) it happens every year:(

Farmersfan
04-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Dare I dream???? In the past I think the issue with this team in the playoffs was that their ONLY consistent producer was the disappearing dutchman and when another team could shut him down the Mavs were done!!!! Dirk doesn't matchup well with a big athletic player guarding him and in the playoffs it would mean their demise. But now it seems they have several other players who can produce. Butler and Marion can both go for 30 on any given night and can take up the slack when Dirk has his normal off night(s). The Spurs are playing better lately and the Mavs need to beat them tonight to get that second seed wrapped up. With the way the Mavs have been playing recently it should not be too tough for them. And I really like the Mavs chances against the Spurs in the first round.

Pick6
04-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
That's IF they get a second series... all odds right now have them about a 75% chance of matching up with San Antonio in the first round

Go Spurs Go

It's gonna be sweet when the Mavs knock the spurs out in back to back seasons.