PDA

View Full Version : Astros 0-6

SintonPirateFan
04-12-2010, 09:05 AM
and have only 13 runs scored in those 6 games. compared to 37 runs allowed.

averaging a 2-6 loss is gonna be most of their season, im afraid.

NastySlot
04-12-2010, 09:20 AM
going to be in Kansas City in June and planning on taking in a Royals game........guess who they re playing my luck.

carter08
04-12-2010, 11:21 AM
My prediction: Astros finish with 104 losses.

Maroon87
04-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by carter08
My prediction: Astros finish with 104 losses.

I had said 95 prior to the season.

Tsip85
04-12-2010, 01:02 PM
I predicted they would win no more than 75 games. I'm starting to think that numbe a bit too high!!!! They may be lucky to win 60 this year.

waterboy
04-12-2010, 01:36 PM
The Astros do look pretty pathetic. Aren't they the only winless team in the majors?

Keith7
04-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
The Astros do look pretty pathetic. Aren't they the only winless team in the majors?

Yea they are actually every team in the majors has at least TWO wins now so they are really pathetic.. the Rangers will dominate the Lone Star Series this year and the Silver Boot will be ours yet again

Astrosdawg07
04-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Yea they are actually every team in the majors has at least TWO wins now so they are really pathetic.. the Rangers will dominate the Lone Star Series this year and the Silver Boot will be ours yet again

Isn't it sad that's the only title you guys hang your hat on?

DDBooger
04-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Yea they are actually every team in the majors has at least TWO wins now so they are really pathetic.. the Rangers will dominate the Lone Star Series this year and the Silver Boot will be ours yet again Baltimore has 1 win. But still sad. :( The Lastros are becoming the Disastros.

Keith7
04-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Isn't it sad that's the only title you guys hang your hat on?

Wait how many world series do the asstros have?

Keith7
04-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Baltimore has 1 win. But still sad. :( The Lastros are becoming the Disastros.

you're right.. I got my info from Josh Lewin yesterday, shoulda double checked :doh:

NateDawg39
04-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Isn't it sad that's the only title you guys hang your hat on? Its baseball it doesn't count as an actual sport.:devil:

Astrosdawg07
04-12-2010, 03:00 PM

How many times have yall even gotten past the 1st round. Winning the pennant is no small achievement...

NateDawg39
04-12-2010, 03:03 PM
How many times have yall even gotten past the 1st round. Winning the pennant is no small achievement... Who is "yall"? Does someone on here play for the Rangers? :)

Astrosdawg07
04-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Who is "yall"? Does someone on here play for the Rangers? :)

I guess Keith.

...the Rangers will dominate the Lone Star Series this year and the Silver Boot will be ours yet again

Maroon87
04-12-2010, 03:14 PM

1 appearance, 0 titles.

That's zero...as in the same number of playoff series the Rangers have won.

NateDawg39
04-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
1 appearance, 0 titles.

That's zero...as in the same number of playoff series the Rangers have won. Hey they have won a few....oh wait you mean the Texas Rangers huh?

Keith7
04-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
1 appearance, 0 titles.

That's zero...as in the same number of playoff series the Rangers have won.

Oh seems like we're in the same boat then huh?

Well unless you look head to head in which the Rangers have OWNED the boot since the series started

BaseballUmp
04-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Either way, the Astros suck right now

Astrosdawg07
04-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Either way, the Astros suck right now

This is true! :crying:

Keith7
04-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Don't feel bad. They've always sucked

coach
04-12-2010, 09:54 PM
mods pleas change this thread to Astros 0-7

themsu97
04-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Keith is the only person in the state of Texas, including players and people working in the organization of the Rangers and the Astros who cares about the Silver Boot...

I am an Astros fan... saw this coming a few years ago... they need to finish dead last so McClain will wake up...
but they are still better than the Rangers...
of course the Rangers will probably make the deal to get Berkman...
but even he will not get the Rangers their first playoff series victory...

heck, with two more in St Louis and then on the road to Chicago, the Astros may start 0-12 and challenge the Orioles for the worst start ever...

crzyjournalist03
04-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
Keith is the only person in the state of Texas, including players and people working in the organization of the Rangers and the Astros who cares about the Silver Boot...

I am an Astros fan... saw this coming a few years ago... they need to finish dead last so McClain will wake up...
but even he will not get the Rangers their first playoff series victory...

heck, with two more in St Louis and then on the road to Chicago, the Astros may start 0-12 and challenge the Orioles for the worst start ever...

Texas would have no interest in Berkman. They've got two first basemen in their system right now who are far superior defensively than Berkman with the potential to match him offensively.

If Texas goes after an Astros player, it's probably going to be Oswalt.

eagles_victory
04-13-2010, 09:35 AM
When the Mavericks make the finals and lose it doesn't matter since they didn't win it but when the Diastros do it that matters?

GreenMonster
04-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Stick that in your Silver Boot and smoke it, Keith! 0-6 Astros Rock!

Keith7
04-13-2010, 10:36 AM

Silver Boot Series average attendance: 36,017; Houston Asstros 2009 season average: 31,124; Texas Rangers season average 27,641.. :confused: :doh: I guess you're right I am the only one who cares about the series :doh:

Rangers: 4-3; Asstros 0-7. :doh:
2009: Rangers 87-75, Asstros 74-88. :doh:
Silver Boots Won: Rangers 6, Asstros 3 :doh:

:doh: :confused:

themsu97
04-13-2010, 12:27 PM
all I am saying Keith is that you are an idiot... you just like to stir the pot and you are not really that good at it...

I love my astros... regardless... I like the Rangers... regardless... in terms of success the Astros are clearly above the Rangers... true is that both have been historically lackluster franchises... when the best you have to offer is comparing these two teams to each other then that is a problem...
it is like comparing the Rockets to the Mavs and the Cowboys to the Texans... not a lot of basis to comparing because people will see things how they want... two championships to none...
5 superbowls to no post season appearances... 1 world series appearance to no playoff series wins... I hope the Rangers do make the playoffs this year and I hope they have either Roy O or Berkman... and despite what some of you say, I have heard that the Rangers would be interested in both...
but I still like the Astros better... but love sitting in the all you can eat section at the Ballpark...

sahen
04-13-2010, 01:13 PM
themsu...the astros have all you can eat section this year too :)

25 bucks for the 2nd deck in right field...

themsu97
04-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by sahen
themsu...the astros have all you can eat section this year too :)

25 bucks for the 2nd deck in right field...

sweet... thanks Sahen... i will have to hit that deck too...
prolly stole it from the Rangers but I do not care...
to steal from Phil...good times indeed

Pick6
04-13-2010, 01:15 PM
all I am saying Keith is that you are an idiot... .

I'm sure he's already crying to the mod's.

Keith7
04-13-2010, 01:56 PM
If "stirring the pot" is bringing the real facts to the table then guilty as charged

themsu97
04-13-2010, 02:05 PM
no Keith, I presented the facts...

not some biased opinion... of course I understand the what have you done for me lately appeal... but... just not how I operate...

I am talking about bringing up irrelevant stuff...

kind of like I guess now the Cowboys are better than the Eagles since they beat the Eagles 3 times this year, pretty handily...
and I do not like the Boys either

Keith7
04-13-2010, 02:36 PM

not some biased opinion... of course I understand the what have you done for me lately appeal... but... just not how I operate...

:doh: :doh:
Didn't know that these were facts I guess:

"Keith is the only person in the state of Texas, including players and people working in the organization of the Rangers and the Astros who cares about the Silver Boot..."

"but they are still better than the Rangers..."

"he will not get the Rangers their first playoff series victory..."

"all I am saying Keith is that you are an idiot" :doh:

I guess maybe I should look up the difference between fact and opinion as a reminder :confused:

kind of like I guess now the Cowboys are better than the Eagles since they beat the Eagles 3 times this year, pretty handily...
and I do not like the Boys either

Can't really argue with that

NateDawg39
04-13-2010, 02:41 PM

and I do not like the Boys either Actually they only beat them 2 times in 2010. And I think you really admire Keith for his intellect, your just attempting to best him isn't that right? ;)

eagleqb_14
04-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
and have only 13 runs scored in those 6 games. compared to 37 runs allowed.

averaging a 2-6 loss is gonna be most of their season, im afraid. not looking good:eek:

Fal44
04-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
not looking good:eek:

thats how I feel, love the stros... but this team is terrible, I never noticed how stiff hunter pence looks at the plate...