PDA

View Full Version : Source: Steelers trade Holmes to Jets

Maroon87
04-11-2010, 11:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5077088

Phil C
04-12-2010, 08:27 AM
What an ungrateful act by a team to the man that won them a Super Bowl.

Farmersfan
04-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
What an ungrateful act by a team to the man that won them a Super Bowl.

Perhaps they showed their gratefulness early on when they paid him like millions and millions of dollars to play a game?????? He has no right to expect anything else!

BullsFan
04-12-2010, 09:27 AM
He for sure didn't do much last year. I had him on FFL, and I either benched him or dropped him altogether before the season was over.

Bullaholic
04-12-2010, 09:37 AM
I think the message may be finally getting around in the NFL. Chronic troublemakers end up traded, cut, or in jail. When teams are willing to take a 5th rounder for a WR who was outstanding in the past, who will miss the first 4 games, and has some playing ability and time left---it tells me that teams are willing to take a hit to move troublemakers and problem players.

Phil C
04-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think the message may be finally getting around in the NFL. Chronic troublemakers end up traded, cut, or in jail. When teams are willing to take a 5th rounder for a WR who was outstanding in the past, who will miss the first 4 games, and has some playing ability and time left---it tells me that teams are willing to take a hit to move troublemakers and problem players.

But Bull what about Ben? :)

DDBooger
04-12-2010, 09:42 AM
The Jets are stacked.

Bullaholic
04-12-2010, 09:47 AM
But Bull what about Ben? :)

If Big Ben ever slips up again, Phil, and runs into a lady who he cannot pay off, and has hard evidence of sexual assault plus a good lawyer---he will be history.

SintonPirateFan
04-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
If Big Ben ever slips up again, Phil, and runs into a lady who he cannot pay off, and has hard evidence of sexual assault plus a good lawyer---he will be history.

hard evidence........i get it. :D

Bullaholic
04-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
hard evidence........i get it. :D

:tisk: :D

DDBooger
04-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Apparently, Homes will start the season on a 4 game suspension. Substance abuse violation reported on ESPN

NateDawg39
04-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
The Jets are stacked. They have shown they are not afraid to make moves for guys with troubled pasts. Kinda like the Boys have done before.

Bullaholic
04-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
They have shown they are not afraid to make moves for guys with troubled pasts. Kinda like the Boys have done before.

They need to ask Oakland how that's worked out for them. :D

Phil C
04-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Apparently, Homes will start the season on a 4 game suspension. Substance abuse violation reported on ESPN

Another victim of society. :(

Farmersfan
04-12-2010, 03:10 PM
The Jets are stacked.

I'm pretty sure they will be dominate on defense again but it's likely they can't repeat last year's offensive numbers. (and last years offensive numbers weren't that impressiveto start with).

PHS Wildcats
04-12-2010, 08:18 PM
I hate to see Holmes go, but the Steelers paitence was wearing thin with him over the last couple of seasons and it finally boiled over after this last failed drug test. His contract was up at the end of the season anyway. Plus it's harder to get rid of Ben when he has a 100 million dollar contract, but I expect him to serve tome type of suspension as well.

Phil C
04-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Perhaps they showed their gratefulness early on when they paid him like millions and millions of dollars to play a game?????? He has no right to expect anything else!

He earned every penny of that money by helping them win that Super Bowl. Pittsburgh got a great return on their investment. Many teams don't do that well.

Phil C
04-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I hate to see Holmes go, but the Steelers paitence was wearing thin with him over the last couple of seasons and it finally boiled over after this last failed drug test. His contract was up at the end of the season anyway. Plus it's harder to get rid of Ben when he has a 100 million dollar contract, but I expect him to serve tome type of suspension as well.

Victims of Society. :(

LH Panther Mom
04-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Victims of Society. :(
Oh horse crap!