PDA

View Full Version : New -Mar. 3 ,TX Girls Coaches Assoc. Softball Poll

Old Cardinal
03-05-2003, 09:01 PM
Conference 3A: 1. Splendora 2. Bridge City 3. Ingleside 4. Lindale 5. LaVernia 6. Decatur 7. Midland Greenwood 8. West 9. Kirbyville 10. Elgin This poll was followed by the following comments: "Bridge City and Splendora are on top but rain is winning overall on the season".....I would add 11. Caldwell 12. Hampshire-Fannett right after the top 10. I am not informed about Ingleside, can someone share with us a little about that team?

Phil C
03-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Old, Ingleside looks good this year. So far this year they have a tournament win at Aransas Pass Bay Area Classic and have beaten a 5A team in Corpus Christi Miller. I thought last year that they were the best non-playoff team in the state and it may be justified. Last year the District 3A had Sinton which was one time ranked No. 1 in the state and won the district and Odem and George West both which did very well in the playoffs. The latter two are now in 2A and George West should do very well this year. 1111 Ingleside was a young team last year and didn't put it together until the second half of the district. They beat George West the second half of the district and lost two very close games to Odem and Sinton which kept them out of the playoffs. Some key players are Short Stop Marissa Gillette, Pitcher Stephanie Jaramillo and Catcher Jacque Wrinkle. Also Rhonda Shaw is a great batter and I think she plays second base. Coach Tommy Magill is now the head softball coach after being an assistant softball coach last year so continuity is an advantage also. Ingleside is very good and should easily make the playoffs this year even though competition in the district is tough. Taft has been a surprise and has beaten some 4A schools and has an outstanding 10th grade pitcher. Sinton should also be very good when they start to get it together (right now they have new young players in several positions). Overall, Ingleside should easily make the playoffs this year and should have a good chance to win district even though it looks like the teams overall are closely matched.

Old Cardinal
03-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Bridge City won their first District game 3-0 over Orangefield. Laura Gremillion popped a homer and was the winning pitcher. They are playing 3 games tomorrow in a stiff tournament in Alexanderia, LA at 10 am, 3 pm, and 7 pm. What is happening around the State?