PDA

View Full Version : Feliz moved to Closer

eagles_victory
04-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Do you think this is a good move for the Rangers. I am all for getting rid of Franky Francisco he just looks to have nothing out there. But I don't think Feliz is quite ready yet. I wish they would of went with Chris Ray who was closing experience instead of going to Neftali so soon.

orange machine
04-11-2010, 11:01 PM
I think its a good move. Every game i have seen this year he has been awsome in. Pluse he can throw a flame ball to the plate.

jlwttu
04-11-2010, 11:30 PM
He has the stuff to be a closer. Plus he can't do any worse than Francisco has so far this year.

Yoe_09
04-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Do you think this is a good move for the Rangers. I am all for getting rid of Franky Francisco he just looks to have nothing out there. But I don't think Feliz is quite ready yet. I wish they would of went with Chris Ray who was closing experience instead of going to Neftali so soon.

Great move for me i hope...got him on one of my fantasy teams

Farmersfan
04-12-2010, 08:35 AM
I think it's a great move. With all the mental errors and fielding mistakes they have been making they certainly can't afford many blown saves!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is everyone excited about Vladimer Guerrero's start with the Rangers?

waterboy
04-12-2010, 11:34 AM
The Rangers definitely have to try somebody else! I don't care who it is, somebody other than Francisco has to step into the role. Frank hasn't been the same since he came off the DL last year. I used to have faith in him, but he just doesn't have it anymore. Feliz is young, and has the stuff, but it's probably a little early to throw him into that role. We shall see......but I'm all for making the change. If I were the manager, I'd leave that role available and try different pitchers until I found somebody who can shut the opponent down consistently. Feliz may be able to do that, but if he falters I wouldn't hesitate to try somebody else such as Chris Ray. That's a role where you HAVE to be consistently good.

crzyjournalist03
04-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Putting an inexperienced rookie flamethrower into the closer role worked out ok for Boston a few years ago....and I think Feliz has better stuff than Papelbon ever did.

I was actually wondering why Fransisco was handed the closing job before spring training ever began. If it had been an open competition this spring, Fransisco never would have held the role this year to start with.

I've got a feeling Feliz is going to grab this role and end up with 30 saves and get some serious consideration for ROY.

crzyjournalist03
04-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Perfect 10th to pick up the save for Feliz today. Over half of his pitches were clocked at 100 MPH or faster.