PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Interviews

allforball
04-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Interviews begin tomorrow, Monday. Heard they have 9 to interview, 2 are on staff currently.

TRENCHES06
04-11-2010, 12:53 PM
any names? (besides current staff)

Eagle1
04-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I still can't see why the guy would leave La Grange for Seguin. I know Seguin is a bigger school, but I would take winning over a big school and La Grange is going to win more games over the long haul than Seguin.

Gontex
04-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Eagle1
I still can't see why the guy would leave La Grange for Seguin. I know Seguin is a bigger school, but I would take winning over a big school and La Grange is going to win more games over the long haul than Seguin.

It's just like preachers leaving because of God's call. God's call is usually accompanied by more money.

PutMeInCoach
04-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Why NOT Seguin? More money, a challenge to turn a program around, and much like the place where he came from before LG. I wish him the best of luck and look forward to seeing him succeed.

TRENCHES06
04-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
Why NOT Seguin? More money, a challenge to turn a program around, and much like the place where he came from before LG. I wish him the best of luck and look forward to seeing him succeed.

EXACTLY.

Seguin was a great move for Coach Walker and Seguin HS.

457drag
04-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Who got interviews???

457drag
04-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Should have a decision by Friday...

457drag
04-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Tommy Bludau from Schulenburg and

Bo Robinson from La Vernia are the 2 favorites...

or thats what I heard...who knows

hookandladder
04-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by 457drag

From what I have heard not real sure if Coach Bludau even applied. At this point I do not think there are any front runners, after today I would think there will be 2 or 3 left in the running. I think it will leak out after today when you see some coaches visiting our campus, Our football facilities are not a selling point. They need major upgrades which will happen in the near future.

TRENCHES06
04-13-2010, 07:26 PM

457drag
04-14-2010, 09:54 AM
any news???

44INAROW
04-14-2010, 10:14 AM

what's La Grange's QB situation? just asking - not trying to start anything :)

hookandladder
04-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
what's La Grange's QB situation? just asking - not trying to start anything :)

Having a mini QB camp right now to determine who will compete for the starting spot next year. One Senior, One Junior and one Sophmore are the returning QB's that played QB last year. Some other's are being looked at as well, the plan is to have 2 battle it out over the summer and in 2 a days. This could all change in a matter of days depending on who becomes the new AD/HC, the new HC may want to go in a different direction.

44INAROW
04-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
This could all change in a matter of days depending on who becomes the new AD/HC, the new HC may want to go in a different direction.
thanks.. :)

Eagle1
04-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Having a mini QB camp right now to determine who will compete for the starting spot next year. One Senior, One Junior and one Sophmore are the returning QB's that played QB last year. Some other's are being looked at as well, the plan is to have 2 battle it out over the summer and in 2 a days. This could all change in a matter of days depending on who becomes the new AD/HC, the new HC may want to go in a different direction.

"If you are looking at three that means you don't have any." That's what I heard a coach say once.

hookandladder
04-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Eagle1
"If you are looking at three that means you don't have any." That's what I heard a coach say once.

Yes and opinions are like ass_ _ _ _ _, everyone has one. With the running backs and Wide out's we have coming back the QB will not be asked to do to much.

hookandladder
04-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Heard the field has been narrowed down to the top 3, call backs for second interview should start tomorrow or Friday.

457drag
04-14-2010, 01:48 PM
names???

PutMeInCoach
04-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Yes and opinions are like ass_ _ _ _ _, everyone has one. With the running backs and Wide out's we have coming back the QB will not be asked to do to much.

Tough shoes to fill for who ever get the job.

hookandladder
04-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
Tough shoes to fill for who ever get the job.

No one will fill Josh's shoes next year, in the next couple of years maybe someone can step up. As I stated earlier with what we have coming back at RB and WR, the QB will not be asked to do what Josh did. LG will be fine.

457drag
04-15-2010, 12:40 PM
what's the latest?

hookandladder
04-15-2010, 02:38 PM
what's the latest?

Top 3 are scheduled to be interview today and or tomorrow, decision to be made by Monday.

maroogreen
04-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Our football facilities are not a selling point. They need major upgrades which will happen in the near future.

I have to agree. The visitors side is kind of awful. The stadium is just unusually poor for a program with such a good tradition.

hookandladder
04-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen
I have to agree. The visitors side is kind of awful. The stadium is just unusually poor for a program with such a good tradition.

Our school did not own a baseball or softball field til last year when we built new ones, our old Super. let all our facilities including our classrooms become an embarrassment. We have a bond election coming right now, so help is ons it's way.

allforball
04-15-2010, 04:12 PM
From the Fayette County Record today:

Three Finalists Named for Leps' Football Vacancy

Bo Robinson, La Vernia AD/Head Coach
Matt Kates, DC Arlington Heights
Eddie Hancock, OC Denison

Final interviews tonight, Thursday. Hope to have recommendation for Monday, scheduled Board Meeting.

Also mentioned interviewed nine, OC Andy McHazlett and DC Zach Hudson of LG were 2 of the nine.

blackbroth
04-15-2010, 04:49 PM
12-3 in football. All team sports advance to playoffs. Kids play hard with character. hire from outside - priceless

warda
04-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by blackbroth
12-3 in football. All team sports advance to playoffs. Kids play hard with character. hire from outside - priceless

football

1997 12-3 lost to state champion Sealy in semi-finals
1998 4-5 down year
1999 10-1 2 rounds deep in playoffs
2000 14-2 state champions
2001 14-2 lost in state champion game
2002 12-1 3 rounds deep in playoffs
2003 9-3 3 rounds deep in playoffs
2004 2-8 way down year

other sports were very successful. baseball and softball state championship. track won district most every year without the best athletes..kids played hard and with character...hire from outside-priceless.....

457drag
04-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Seems like most 1A-3A programs these days don't look inside even when the program is rollin'.

It is too bad...doesn't really pay off for dedicated hard working asst coaches.

My advice to the LG asst coaches that put in for the job...leave and look for a place that values what you bring to the table.

My money is on Bo Robinson to land this job.

He has been a very successful AD.

hookandladder
04-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Seems like most 1A-3A programs these days don't look inside even when the program is rollin'.

It is too bad...doesn't really pay off for dedicated hard working asst coaches.

My advice to the LG asst coaches that put in for the job...leave and look for a place that values what you bring to the table.

My money is on Bo Robinson to land this job.

He has been a very successful AD.

I think you hit the nail on the head, from 3A down not many schools hire from within. Would have love to seen our DC get the job however being a coach it comes with the territory. If I was a betting man I would bet on Bo also, his resume is very impressive. I remember when he was at Bremond and he ran all over us at Flatonia, then followed him at Texas. With a young kid in the program I have to say I am very excited about what the future holds for LG, there will be some difficult time with the change but I feel it will all work out. I wish all the coaches that have been in LG for the last 5 to 6 years that are leaving the Best of Luck in the future, You have served LG proud.

blackbroth
04-15-2010, 11:51 PM
La Vernia has won 2 playoff games in 4 years including one over Goliad. Last year Yoakum beat La Vernia in the first round after La Grange and Smithville both beat Yoakum.

hookandladder
04-16-2010, 06:26 AM
La Vernia has won 2 playoff games in 4 years including one over Goliad. Last year Yoakum beat La Vernia in the first round after La Grange and Smithville both beat Yoakum.

I hear what you are saying however Smithville was in a very tough District and La grange went a long way last year. Yoakum was a pretty good team last year, against us fumbles killed them it would have been a different game if not for those fumbles. Also Bo Robinson overall record is very impressive with back to back State apperances with Bangs, I feel what he has over the other 3 is that he has been an AD for a number of years. That part of the AD/HC is what makes a great one, the AD part of the job seems to be what most coaches struggle with. Just my 2 cents.

Pudlugger
04-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by warda
football

1997 12-3 lost to state champion Sealy in semi-finals
1998 4-5 down year
1999 10-1 2 rounds deep in playoffs
2000 14-2 state champions
2001 14-2 lost in state champion game
2002 12-1 3 rounds deep in playoffs
2003 9-3 3 rounds deep in playoffs
2004 2-8 way down year

other sports were very successful. baseball and softball state championship. track won district most every year without the best athletes..kids played hard and with character...hire from outside-priceless.....

some corrections here:
1999 11-1 lost to Robinson in round two
2001 12-4 The Leps lost to Bay City in game one(the HEB Classic pitting the 3a and 4a Champs from 2000 at the Alamo Dome with BC winning 9-0 - both teams went on to the state final that year and lost). Other loses to Sealy and Bellville that year.
2002 11-2 The Leps lost the opener to Yoakum then won 11 straight losing to Marlin in round 3.
2003 9-4 Leps lost to Yoakum, Sealy (in the first of two meetings in game 3 beating Sealy in round two of the playoffs) and Giddings before losing to Marlin again in round three.

Pudlugger
04-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by allforball
Also mentioned interviewed nine, OC Andy McHazlett and DC Zach Hudson of LG were 2 of the nine.

Either of these two fine coaches would be my choice. I think the Board should try to keep the momentum going forward. These two are excellent coaches, well liked by the kids and community.

hookandladder
04-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Either of these two fine coaches would be my choice. I think the Board should try to keep the momentum going forward. These two are excellent coaches, well liked by the kids and community.

I would agree with you on one for sure.

blackbroth
04-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Both of the two that applied from within are solid men and great coaches. Hook apparantly has a problem with one and I am sure it is personal and that is ok. In the coaching profession you make some people upset and you make some happy. If you made everybody happy you would not win many games. Now it is time to move on. What type of offense does Bo run?

hookandladder
04-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Both of the two that applied from within are solid men and great coaches. Hook apparantly has a problem with one and I am sure it is personal and that is ok. In the coaching profession you make some people upset and you make some happy. If you made everybody happy you would not win many games. Now it is time to move on. What type of offense does Bo run?

I personally have no problem with one, it is just that one has outshined the other in the years that he has been here. The kids are the ones that love him and will be hurt the most by this bad decision not to include him in the top 3, Rumor is Bo is a no go. This could get ugly.

457drag
04-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Did Bo pull out?

TRENCHES06
04-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Both current coordinators will make GREAT Head Coaches one day. Bank on that.

457drag
04-16-2010, 08:08 PM
I agree...if they get the opportunity

hookandladder
04-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Did Bo pull out?

Rumor has it yes, money.

allforball
04-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Rumor has it yes, money.

I'm sure LaVernia didn't want to lose Bo. All they had to do was "show Bo the money". LG hopes were high with the hire of Bo, be interesting to see what happens now.

gameface
04-19-2010, 10:06 PM
We should get the verdict manana! School board meets tonight and we should get the knowledge as to who the new leopard vanguard will be. If Bo is a no, should be a challenge filling coaching positions for either OC or DC pick-little late in the year for selection process! Leopard country will be ready for some quality football with great talent returning. This hombre already has his gameface on!:cool:

TRENCHES06
04-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Just wait till you hear the latest.....

fungo
04-19-2010, 10:37 PM
What is the latest?

PutMeInCoach
04-19-2010, 10:39 PM
A very emotional school board meeting. Kudos to the students that presented their thoughts/feelings on the matter at hand. Shows just what a positive impact our coaches have had on our kids and community.

FBAML
04-19-2010, 10:39 PM
TRENCH way to leave us hangin

gameface
04-20-2010, 06:41 AM
what's the verdict?

hookandladder
04-20-2010, 06:54 AM
Was told after BB game that the board was not going to make a decision last night, do not know for sure. The board may be in a difficult position, might get interesting.

hookandladder
04-20-2010, 08:16 AM
No decision last night at board meeting, board will meet again on Thursday evening to decide.

gameface
04-20-2010, 08:36 AM
10-4, boys and girls did good last night over c-town!!:)

Milk That Cow
04-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Just wait till you hear the latest.....

What's the scoop?

hookandladder
04-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
What's the scoop?

New AD/HC will be annouced Thursday, pretty sure he lives around Forth Worth Arlington Heights area.

Coach or Die 67
04-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Hopefully this is true and things are settled. If this were to be prolonged, it could get really nasty and tear a town apart and damage the kids.

millcreek
04-20-2010, 01:49 PM
The perils of hiring from the outside. I hope
Lagrange gets the perfect person for the job and continues their great tradition of producing winners!

hookandladder
04-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by millcreek
The perils of hiring from the outside. I hope
Lagrange gets the perfect person for the job and continues their great tradition of producing winners!

LG will be fine, we have some great athlete's coming up and I have confidence the committee has hired us a good coach.

gameface
04-21-2010, 05:53 AM
10-4, ditto to that hook. I have faith that our new vanguard will bring out the talent of our kids as we face the many great teams within our district. We should hear confirmation this Friday who will lead the Fighting Leopard program.

gameface
04-23-2010, 07:45 AM
**Just annouced on the local radio: Matt Kates is our new LG Leopard AD/HC. Now with leadership in place-let's rock and roll. Bravo to all previous coaches for a job well done and we look forward to the future success of all LG boys and girls programs. Strap on your boots Leopard fans-get your gameface on. :cool: