PDA

View Full Version : Final--Gainesville 38-Bridgeport 14

BullsFan
09-27-2002, 10:06 PM
We got spanked.

Honestly, we just looked beat. Exhausted. We held pretty steady up until the very end of the 4th quarter--14-10, our favor at the half, 14-17 up until the middle of the 4th. But then it looked like we just quit playing. They scored 3 touchdowns in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Sometimes I hate football.

Chris Hart
09-27-2002, 10:09 PM
Sorry about the loss BullsFan, yall's team will bounce back.How did PD play.What was the game like?

BullsFan
09-27-2002, 10:16 PM
PD's game was off, and so were our receivers. PD was definitely still feeling last week's game, and Krebs was limping. Many, many dropped passes. And when the Gainesville posters were talking about speed, they weren't kidding. I'd like to think that if we'd been playing our A game (which we weren't), we would have won. But I wouldn't take anything away from Gainesville's victory. Whatever the case the rest of the year, they were the better team tonight.

The One
09-27-2002, 10:38 PM
Lets see, where do we start. Well Bullfan you had a good one, We got spanked, I thought we got our A**es handed to us was a better fit. The first half was a great defensive battle. The defense played unbelievable right up until the end. The 3 scores in a 5 minute span at the end was we just got wore down. The first half was disappointing offensivley. Yes we scored 14pts but they came on broken plays and they were long pass plays. We were never able to establish any drives in the first half. We led at half 14-10. The second half the offense really looked good. We were able to march up and down the field but a questionable call to put the Goaline offense in at a first and goal from the five resulted in no points for the Bulls. That really hurt us. PD didnt look sharp tonight ( he had 3 or 4 ints) the receivers dropped balls they should have caught, all because of one reason. That was with out a doubt the best secondary PD and us has seen. Yes better then Commerce last year. That group of kids won the game for Gainesville. They are a very talented group with alot of speed. We got beat by one hell of a good team! Bull Fan you talked about speed, they have it, but all week we heard about Searcy and I have got to be honest I was not that impressed with him. I thought the QB #1 and #9 were faster players. Gainesville coaches made a great adjustment at half they came back out and started running the ball and that is what they are good at. They passed alot in the first half and they are not a better team when they do that. The one disappointing thing I seen was Gainesville players talked alot of trash and did alot of taunting. In order to be real successful in the playoffs they need to be more disciplined. All in all it was two greats teams playing the great sport of Texas High School Football and the best team came out on top tonite and unfortunatley it wasn't us! I think its good to lose now, I know we will bounce back and we will not see too many teams with outstanding secondarys like tonight.

BullsFan
09-27-2002, 10:54 PM
One, I was also impressed with their #5. He had an outstanding game. Was that Searcy, or was Searcy #7? (I don't buy programs, since I invariably lose them jumping up and down and cheering.)

Overall, I think it's extremely beneficial that we have the bye next week. We need some serious regrouping time.

I was also very disappointed that we had such a terrible third quarter. Traditionally, that's our strongest. Last week at Boyd, we came out badly in the second half, and we did the same thing tonight. I hope that's not a trend.

I would like to hand it to BOTH team's defenses. Ours played well, and the G-ville defense was outstanding.

Keith7
09-28-2002, 01:06 PM
Searcy was #5.. but my prediction was wrong, cuz we scored way more then just 24 points.. but thats all I have to say, besides i told yall about our speed but yall just didnt believe me

bigbullbacker
09-28-2002, 01:26 PM
I thought our D played great.If we could have scored when the D stop them or recovered the fumbles, in the first half it would have been interesting...Back to the drawing board........

Scout24
09-28-2002, 06:17 PM
What were PD's official stats?

sisofbigbull
09-29-2002, 07:26 AM
Gainesville may have a lot of speed but...what was the deal with going for peoples knees? Don't even try to say that they didn't I watched and wondered what kind of coach lets his guys do that?

BullsFan
09-29-2002, 11:12 AM
No idea on PD's stats, Scout, but I would be willing to bet that slpybear can tell you more when he gets back to town.

Keith, I don't think any of us doubted your speed. What we believed was that we'd compensate for it with strong defense and a brilliant offense. That didn't happen. I suppose I should be grateful that you're not rubbing it in worse than you are.

PPHSfan
09-29-2002, 11:50 AM
Scout24:
What were PD's official stats?PD's stats for Gainsville 24-completions on 43-attempts for 334-yrds. 2-TD's 3-Interceptions.

BullsFan
09-29-2002, 12:00 PM
More interceptions than TDs. That describes the feel of our entire game in a nutshell.

slpybear the bullfan
09-29-2002, 09:34 PM
Uggh... Ugghhhh.... Ugggghhh...

Congrats to Gainesville, back to the practice field for the Bulls.

slpybear

:confused: