PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Baseball/Softball

sinton66
04-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Lady Pirates defeated Orange Grove 4-3 in a full game and Pirates defeated Orange Grove 10-0 in 6 innings.

SintonPirateFan
04-09-2010, 11:36 PM
alright! the bats found life!

Way to go Pirates and Lady Pirates!

Phil C
04-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Way to Go Pirates and Lady Pirates.

Who was that pitcher from Orange Grove that came in the second inning and did a fantastic job for Orange Grove in the softball game?

sinton66
04-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Way to Go Pirates and Lady Pirates.

Who was that pitcher from Orange Grove that came in the second inning and did a fantastic job for Orange Grove in the softball game?

Dunno, but they should have started her. Enjoyed seeing you last night buddy.

Phil C
04-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Dunno, but they should have started her. Enjoyed seeing you last night buddy.

Me too. Come back when you can especially after our new facilities are done.

AP Panther Fan
04-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Me too. Come back when you can especially after our new facilities are done.

I drove by the field Friday night on my way back from Mathis. The girls were out watering it down after the game.

Looks good!

Phil C
04-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I drove by the field Friday night on my way back from Mathis. The girls were out watering it down after the game.

Looks good!

Don't forget the softball game between Sinton and Aransas Pass tomorrow is here starting at about 6:30 P.M.

AP Panther Fan
04-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Don't forget the softball game between Sinton and Aransas Pass tomorrow is here starting at about 6:30 P.M.

I will be there, but a bit late. Will you be the one wearing the black San Antonio Spurs cap?

:D

Phil C
04-13-2010, 10:43 AM
I will be there, but a bit late. Will you be the one wearing the black San Antonio Spurs cap?

:D

Of course. Well it is a newer one and is actually white and black. :)

MUSTANG69
04-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know the current standings for D31 softball? The Caller-Times never reports the standings it seems. Of course I know Ingleside is in first and Sinton is in second but I don't know about third place.

Phil C
04-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Does anyone know the current standings for D31 softball? The Caller-Times never reports the standings it seems. Of course I know Ingleside is in first and Sinton is in second but I don't know about third place.

MUSTANG69 from what information I have been able to gather the D31 softball standings as of now with 4 games left starting tonight are as follows:

1. Ingleside at 10 - 0 and should be able to win district.
2. Sinton at 8 - 2
3 &4. Tie between Robstown and Aransas Pass at 7 - 3 each. Robstown won one game against Aransas Pass 3 - 2.
5. Falfurrias at 4 - 6. Falfurrias has a mathematical chance for the playoffs but it is very slim.
6 & 7. Tie between West Oso and Orange Grove at 2 - 8 each.
8. Mathis at 0 -10

Right now Ingleside has all but cinched district with Sinton, Aransas Pass and Robstown fighting it out for the other two playoff spots.

Even though Falfurrias is all but out of the hunt and West Oso, Orange Grove and Mathis are out of it these teams are dangerous and could have a say in who advances. Orange Grove is especially dangerous because they have lost nearly all of their district games by one run and are capable of pulling off a win against anyone.

A key game tonight will be between Sinton and Aransas Pass in Sinton at about 6:30. The teen age terminator is coming to down so it might be safer to stay home in your cellars tonight. Since I don't have a cellar I will take my chances and go to the game. This should be a good one.
Also Robstown plays an important game with Orange Grove and this could be the night Orange Grove has a win go their way. We will see.

Also bear in mind on Friday Robstown plays Aransas Pass and this could have a big effect on the playoffs.

AP Panther Fan
04-13-2010, 12:51 PM
MUSTANG69 from what information I have been able to gather the D31 softball standings as of now with 4 games left starting tonight are as follows:

2. Sinton at 8 - 2
3 &4. Tie between Robstown and Aransas Pass at 7 - 3 each. Robstown won one game against Aransas Pass 3 - 2.
5. Falfurrias at 4 - 6. Falfurrias has a mathematical chance for the playoffs but it is very slim.
8. Mathis at 0 -10

Right now Ingleside has all but cinched district with Sinton, Aransas Pass and Robstown fighting it out for the other two playoff spots.

Even though Falfurrias is all but out of the hunt and West Oso, Orange Grove and Mathis are out of it these teams are dangerous and could have a say in who advances. Orange Grove is especially dangerous because they have lost nearly all of their district games by one run and are capable of pulling off a win against anyone.

A key game tonight will be between Sinton and Aransas Pass in Sinton at about 6:30. The teen age terminator is coming to down so it might be safer to stay home in your cellars tonight. Since I don't have a cellar I will take my chances and go to the game. This should be a good one.
Also Robstown plays an important game with Orange Grove and this could be the night Orange Grove has a win go their way. We will see.

Also bear in mind on Friday Robstown plays Aransas Pass and this could have a big effect on the playoffs.

Thanks Godfather. That should clear it up. ;) :)

MUSTANG69
04-13-2010, 12:54 PM

2. Sinton at 8 - 2
8. Mathis at 0 -10

Thanks for the information. Looks like the last two weeks of the regular season is going to be exciting. There are some key matchups between the teams that are still in the race for a playoff spot. Good luck to Sinton, AP, and Robstown.

pirate4state
04-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
The Caller-Times never reports the standings it seems. Most of the time this is due to home teams not calling in the score.

See you tonight APPF! :D

AP Panther Fan
04-13-2010, 01:18 PM
You know, Orange Grove has played some very close games....as you said Phil C, this might be their day (fingers crossed).:)

See y'all tonight. Since you both have some pull in Sinton, you should try to get them to start on time rather than early. I already have one speeding ticket to deal with from last week.

For some reason, I simply can not get to a game before the 2nd inning (even the ones in Aransas Pass).:evil:

Phil C
04-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Most of the time this is due to home teams not calling in the score.

See you tonight APPF! :D

That is true. But sometimes the sports media doesn't use it. I used to call in the scores to the Channel 3, 6, and 10 in Corpus Christi and they wouldn't report it so guess what - I stopped wasting my time and calling them. Also they and the newspaper are more agressive at getting football scores than softball scores even though this is for obvious reasons.

Phil C
04-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Hey P4S is there going to be a junior varsity game tonight also in Sinton?

pirate4state
04-13-2010, 03:22 PM
You know, Orange Grove has played some very close games....as you said Phil C, this might be their day (fingers crossed).:)

See y'all tonight. Since you both have some pull in Sinton, you should try to get them to start on time rather than early. I already have one speeding ticket to deal with from last week.

For some reason, I simply can not get to a game before the 2nd inning (even the ones in Aransas Pass).:evil:

I really don't like that they have been starting early, but I gotta say, I do like getting home earlier! :D

re: JV game - No one has told me otherwise Phil.