PDA

View Full Version : Guess where Westboro Baptist Church was this week?

turbostud
04-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Link (http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/100408_1476.shtml)

waterboy
04-09-2010, 09:11 AM
:eek: Dang! What is wrong with these people? A "supposedly" Christian group doing a NON-CHRISTIAN thing like that? Groups such as this one are definitely NOT indicative of any church I've ever been a part of. The only thing they're doing is giving real Christian churches a bad name.:thmbdwn:

Bullaholic
04-09-2010, 09:13 AM
I don't wish loss of life on anybody, but if I remember the mountain folk of WVa correctly, the Westboro folk had better be wearing some protection. I don't think they will be around there very long.

BullsFan
04-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Those aren't Christians. They can call themselves a church, but anything further from the teachings of Christ I can't imagine. Or at least I don't want to. I do have to say that I LOVE the idea of other people showing up to cover up their signs and messages of hate. Just goes to show the good sometimes really does outweigh the bad.

TheDOCTORdre
04-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Modern day pharisees

Phantom Stang
04-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Modern day pharisees
yep

BullsFan
04-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Modern day pharisees

Perfect description.

Maroon87
04-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Man...there aren't words strong enough to describe my feelings. At least no words that I can legally use here.:mad:

pirate4state
04-09-2010, 03:53 PM
I think someone should offer them some kool-aid!!!

MUSTANG69
04-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Man...there aren't words strong enough to describe my feelings. At least no words that I can legally use here.:mad:

Ditto to that!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Phil C
04-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

Maroon I admire the Baptist Church -

But -

NOT THE WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH!

:mad:

BwdLion73
04-09-2010, 07:44 PM
I prefer to envision the Bandito's, Hells Angels ect. passing by and taking offense.:thinking:

kinda a Clint Eastwood / Charles Bronson vision.:devil:

turbostud
04-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think someone should offer them some kool-aid!!!

The Jim Jones Koolaid brand?

Mcguirk
04-10-2010, 10:02 PM
These nutcases are not Baptist, and it drives me nuts that they include the word in their name. They are Calvinist and believe in the 5 points taught by John Calvin (anachronism TULIP). It's too long to explain, but you can look it up. Basically they believe they are GOD'S chosen, and everyone else is hell bound.
What truly amazes me about the group is that no one has produced an old fashion come-to-JESUS meeting on them yet. With as much negative emotion as they cause, I figure one of these days someone or some group is going to go old testament on them. I've heard them on the radio, they are idiots. There are only a handful of people in their church. And most of them are related to Fred Phelps. :mad:

TexMike
04-11-2010, 08:38 AM
http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/article/protest_by_radical_church_results_in_rally_by_stud ents/54691/

The lunatics even went to Blacksburg VA this week to protest at a service for Morgan Harrington, a young college student who was kidnapped and murdered outside a music concert. Knowing the Virginia Tech Hokies I am shocked they got out of there alive.

Trashman
04-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Maroon I admire the Baptist Church -

But -

NOT THE WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH!

:mad:

I see your point Phil....You can call yourself anything you want....but it doesn't make it so.;) I know a lot of fine Baptist, who are very hurt over this Church's actions