PDA

View Full Version : Astros

eagles_victory
04-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Is this just a bad start or is this going to be a real bad year in Houston?

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
real bad year in Houston? yes

SWMustang
04-07-2010, 09:38 PM
This is going to be a very bad year - if not last they'll be next to last in the NL central (thanks Pirates!). It's about time for a fire sale to rebuild the farm system.

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 09:57 PM
this year will be baaaaad. they have all kinds of injuries, not much depth, oswalt is the only real ace and he's.....aging. mclane is quickly turning into the jerry jones of MLB.

zebrablue2
04-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Is this just a bad start or is this going to be a real bad year in Houston?

yes and yes!!!

IHStangFan
04-07-2010, 10:22 PM
So far they have looked pathetic. Went and watched them this past weekend.....outlook is not bright :(

Txbroadcaster
04-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
mclane is quickly turning into the jerry jones of MLB.

uhh how so?

MJMbrahmas10
04-07-2010, 11:21 PM
i believe jerry jones actually has talent...how are the similiar?

Keith7
04-07-2010, 11:26 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c1/Silver_Boot.JPG/400px-Silver_Boot.JPG

eagles_victory
04-07-2010, 11:27 PM
The hate for owners like Steinbrenner sp? and Jones has always bothered me. They may be a little too hands on but they always are willing to spend and take chances to make their team better Id take that over an owner who sits on his hands and just writes pay checks and makes sure his bottom line is coming out positive anyday.

Old Tiger
04-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Astros management and ownership sucks and thats why they suck.

SintonPirateFan
04-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
uhh how so?

by making decisions for the team that wind up making the team worse...not better.

Yoe_09
04-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Drayton Mclane is a great man..Ive had a few chances to talk to him in the past and you couldn't ask for a better person to meet. His teams have been slipping lately since their World Series showing in 05 so its probably time to rebuild.

Pick6
04-08-2010, 08:03 AM
$102,000,000 and that's the product they are putting on the field. they should just relocate to Nashville and start over down there...lol

SintonPirateFan
04-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Drayton Mclane is a great man..Ive had a few chances to talk to him in the past and you couldn't ask for a better person to meet. His teams have been slipping lately since their World Series showing in 05 so its probably time to rebuild.

i'm not bashing his character. i'm saying he has been making poor business decisions of late.

Maroon87
04-08-2010, 09:07 AM
I predict Jason Castro will be in an Astros uniform by Memorial Day.

JasperDog94
04-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I predict Jason Castro will be in an Astros uniform by Memorial Day. It couldn't hurt. Half of the guys out there are minor league prospects playing in the majors. It's really sad to see how far this franchise has fallen over the past 5-6 years.

griff
04-09-2010, 08:11 AM
McLane has been listening to offers to sell the team. His son apparently is not willing to assume the family business when the time comes, so Drayton has talked with at least two potential buyers in the last year or so. Neither has panned out. I've always liked Drayton as an owner, and he's been tons better than McMullen (remember him?). If you're frustrated as to why the Astros have not competed for big time free agents recently (esp. in the last two years), it's not only a matter of trying to tighten the team's budget. It's also because this "strategy" will make it easier to sell the team. He's also stated that he's not necessarily in a hurry to sell, and that could mean a few more years of what we see on the field right now.

Gontex
04-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Astros have a very good chance of losing their first 10-12 games this year. Phillies come to town and then they go to St. Louis and Chicago. The sad thing is that they took a bad team and applied a few band aids to it to try to fix it. First three games they had 18 hits and 22 strike outs. Two of the hits were by pitchers. You are not going to win many games with those kinds of stats. Oh...and did I mention the batting practice pitchers in the bullpen? The attendance is down already and probably will continue to slip. Tickets (if you want to see them) will probably be pretty easy to come by in July and August. You might even be able to sit behind the plate with George and Drayton.

Gontex
04-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Gontex
You might even be able to sit behind the plate with George and Drayton. [/B]

.......assuming they are still showing up for the games in July and August. Hell, you may even be able to sit in their seats.

lange4
04-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Not that this is related very close to this thread, but, have any of you seen Bourne stretch a double into a triple. I have seen some fast people in person in my life, but I do not know if I have ever seen anybody faster than Bourne.

Maroon87
04-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by lange4
Not that this is related very close to this thread, but, have any of you seen Bourne stretch a double into a triple. I have seen some fast people in person in my life, but I do not know if I have ever seen anybody faster than Bourne.

I remember a game last year or year before last when he scored from second on a flyout to deep center.:eek:

Astrosdawg07
04-11-2010, 04:12 PM
No sense in blaming all this on Drayton, every team takes their lumps. We won as many games as any one else in the last decade.