PDA

View Full Version : Doctors to begin refusing medicare patients?

JasperDog94
04-07-2010, 03:19 PM
NYTimes (http://www.nytimes.com/1992/04/12/us/physicians-refuse-medicare-patients.html?pagewanted=1)

"I can't afford to take care of any more Medicare patients,"

We cannot ask doctors to operate at a loss. I can't say that I blame them. This is just the beginning of this wonderful new legislation. :helpme:

Keith7
04-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Oh no it must be tea bagging day on the downlow :doh:

JasperDog94
04-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Oh no it must be tea bagging day on the downlow :doh: Nothing to contribute to the conversation other than name calling? Who would have guessed?:rolleyes: :hand:

Keith7
04-07-2010, 03:25 PM
I had an excellent thread but it just got deleted.. Don't worry I think yours will stay, it's on the right side

Aesculus gilmus
04-07-2010, 03:25 PM
It may not be sustainable over the long haul to expect First World compensation in a Third World economy.

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 03:26 PM
why was the thread by keith removed? did i miss an inappropriate post? not much difference in that one and the castro thread.... just curious.

Keith7
04-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
why was the thread by keith removed? did i miss an inappropriate post? not much difference in that one and the castro thread.... just curious.

It didn't fit with a certain moderator's views so it had to go

Z-RO
04-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Cause we all know doctors struggle for a living. Wish I was struggling like them in my brand new BMW:rolleyes:

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Social security paid out more in benefits than it collected in taxes for the first time in history last month. This is very disturbing.

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 03:28 PM

there are differing views on several threads. i thought maybe i missed a post that was against the rules or something.

Keith7
04-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Cause we all know doctors struggle for a living. Wish I was struggling like them in my brand new BMW:rolleyes:

In the end it comes down to a bunch of conservative doctors being spoiled babies.. it really is sad :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
04-07-2010, 03:29 PM
But back to the topic at hand: Did anyone not see this coming? Doctors are running a business. As much as some may hate that, they must make a profit to stay in business. If medicare won't pay them enough to stay in business, they'll just refuse to accept medicare.

But then how long will it be before the government mandates that all doctors accept medicare?:eek:

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 03:30 PM

YOU go to school for 12 years, then see if you feel you have the RIGHT to own a BMW.

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 03:31 PM
I had an excellent thread but it just got deleted.. Don't worry I think yours will stay, it's on the right side Most threads have 2 sides or else they suck.

JasperDog94
04-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
YOU go to school for 12 years, then see if you feel you have the RIGHT to own a BMW. Silly Pirate. Didn't you know it's against the rules for doctor's to own BMWs? I wonder how the good folks that manufacture and sell BMWs feel about this? I guess what we need is more regulation. We need to mandate that doctors and CEOs can only drive GMs. That would be fair, plus that would help the bottom line of government run GM.

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Cause we all know doctors struggle for a living. Wish I was struggling like them in my brand new BMW:rolleyes: Locally 3 doctors have left the profession because they could make more money with less overhead outside of the medical field. The malpractice insurance rates are unaffordable and lawsuits, especially OBGYN, are often settled regardless of liability.

Phil C
04-07-2010, 03:39 PM
I'LL SUE!!!

:mad:

NateDawg39
04-07-2010, 03:40 PM
It didn't fit with a certain moderator's views so it had to go :cool:

44INAROW
04-07-2010, 03:46 PM

#1 you are wrong

#2 you picked the wrong day to say this - alienating a person that defends you is a stupid mistake...

#3 it turned political

NateDawg39
04-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
#1 you are wrong
#2 you picked the wrong day to say this
#3 it turned political Aren't all the threads lately political based? Just wondering...

44INAROW
04-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Aren't all the threads lately political based? Just wondering...

you're questioning me now? JEEZ.. I give up - you guys just sit here and beat each other up for all I care :doh: If you're not smart enough to see what is crossing the line, then I am not going to explain it to you

NateDawg39
04-07-2010, 03:53 PM
you're questioning me now? JEEZ.. I give up - you guys just sit here and beat each other up for all I care :doh: If you're not smart enough to see what is crossing the line, then I am not going to explain it to you No dude im not questioning you! I just got online and was wondering what happened lol. I just remember a lot of threads being about politics the past few days and was not sure why Keith's was any different. ( I didn't even see it):(

44INAROW
04-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Keith's discussion, one which I was involved in - was a good one - Keith didn't say anything wrong, but once the talk turns to Obama, Bush, Republican's and Democrats - it goes south. It's the nature of the beast. Happens every time. and I am not a dude:p

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 03:55 PM
you're questioning me now? JEEZ.. I give up - you guys just sit here and beat each other up for all I care :doh: If you're not smart enough to see what is crossing the line, then I am not going to explain it to you I certainly do see a difference when Keith posts something just as radical from another perspective, it is promptly removed. I guess if no politics is going to be enforced it should be across the board or not at all if some are deemed acceptable and others not. I'm surprised it was you, but you guys rule the roost. ;) Smite him! lol :D j/k

I agree, I have had several good convos with LE Dad, Pick6, Red Fan. However Keith is hardly the only one pushing the buttons and flaming! I thought it was another MOD :devil: haha

TheDOCTORdre
04-07-2010, 03:56 PM
JEEZ.. I give up - you guys just sit here and beat each other up for all I care

does this mean we can post whatever we want without any consequences? awesome...

oh ya i was here...:D

NateDawg39
04-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Everybody just needs to stand up, stretch, get something to drink and chill the hell out. Geeeeeze

44INAROW
Originally posted by DDBooger
I certainly do see a difference when Keith posts something just as radical from another perspective, it is promptly removed. I guess if no politics is going to be enforced it should be across the board or not at all if some are deemed acceptable and others not. I'm surprised it was you, but you guys rule the roost. ;) Smite him! lol :D j/k

I agree, I have had several good convos with LE Dad, Pick6, Red Fan. However Keith is hardly the only one pushing the buttons and flaming! I thought it was another MOD :devil: haha

if you'll see the post above yours, I said Keith didn't say anything wrong. You'll might not have seen the last post in the thread. How about giving me credit OK - Haven't I always been fair? Thing about it?

Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
does this mean we can post whatever we want without any consequences? awesome...

oh ya i was here...:D

LOL Dre :)

DDBooger
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

oh ya i was here...:D ban please :devil:

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 03:59 PM
if you'll see the post above yours, I said Keith didn't say anything wrong. You'll might not have seen the last post in the thread. How about giving me credit OK - Haven't I always been fair? Thing about it? I think you've been great.

TheDOCTORdre
04-07-2010, 04:00 PM
ban please :devil:

BAN U

NateDawg39
04-07-2010, 04:00 PM
if you'll see the post above yours, I said Keith didn't say anything wrong. You'll might not have seen the last post in the thread. How about giving me credit OK - Haven't I always been fair? Thing about it?

LOL Dre :)

Just get rid of that big ol' turkey and everything is A ok!

44INAROW
04-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Just get rid of that big ol' turkey and everything is A ok!
I wish I could make him turn around and shake his tail feathers ;)

NateDawg39
04-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I wish I could make him turn around and shake his tail feathers ;) I think you just broke a rule by soliciting a sexual meaning by your previous statement!!

Fury!!! :mad: :mad:

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I think you just broke a rule by soliciting a sexual meaning by your previous statement!!

Fury!!! :mad: :mad: It was blasphemous, she should self ban!

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 04:07 PM
how do we find out if we have any uh.......demerits?

i think i said something about repubs and dems on keith's thread. i guess i sabotaged it. :devil:

Bullaholic
04-07-2010, 04:08 PM
We need a conference call---:D I can't count the number of pages of my posts I have started and then "wiped out". My fingers just can't "walk" that far.....

I'm not a mod butt-kisser by any stretch, but I would ask you....

Don't you feel that the mods and admin have been more than fair about allowing political and controversial subject discussions to go on for pages? As for Keith---well, IMO--Keith is Keith, and full well knows what he is doing with every keypress, and everybody knows it. I don't dislike Keith, but I do dislike some of his tactics, and if he would refrain from politically or personally polarizing every thread at some point at every opportunity---I for one have absolutely no problem with his expression of his views, even though I disagree. Let there be peace in the valley, and hopefully some good thoughtfull, politically and personally benign discussions.

NateDawg39
04-07-2010, 04:08 PM
It was blasphemous, she should self ban! :mad:

Reds fan
04-07-2010, 04:09 PM
That's a beautiful turkey, looks just like the one that was struttin' in front of me last weekend, just before I harvested him!;)

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 04:10 PM
for the record, i wasn't saying the thread SHOULDN'T have been deleted, just wondered why it was.

and i'll pay anybody 10 bucks if they can get that turkey to shake its tail feathers.

NateDawg39
04-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
We need a conference call---:D I can't count the number of pages of my posts I have started and then "wiped out". My fingers just can't "walk" that far.....

I'm not a mod butt-kisser by any stretch, but I would ask you....

Don't you feel that the mods and admin have been more than fair about allowing political and controversial subject discussions to go on for pages? As for Keith---well, IMO--Keith is Keith, and full well knows what he is doing with every keypress, and everybody knows it. I don't dislike Keith, but I do dislike some of his tactics, and if he would refrain from politically or personally polarizing every thread at some point at every opportunity---I for one have absolutely no problem with his expression of his views, even though I disagree. Let there be peace in the valley, and hopefully some good thoughtfull, politically and personally benign discussions.

I dislike your tactic!! :mad:

JasperDog94
04-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Don't you feel that the mods and admin have been more than fair about allowing political and controversial subject discussions to go on for pages? As for Keith---well, IMO--Keith is Keith, and full well knows what he is doing with every keypress, and everybody knows it. I don't dislike Keith, but I do dislike some of his tactics, and if he would refrain from politically or personally polarizing every thread at some point at every opportunity---I for one have absolutely no problem with his expression of his views, even though I disagree. Let there be peace in the valley, and hopefully some good thoughtfull, politically and personally benign discussions. I completely agree. It goes south when name calling begins. That typically happens when one side is out of thoughts or ideas to back up their point of view. There's no need for that.

Phil C
04-07-2010, 04:13 PM
I'LL SUE!!!

:mad:

NateDawg39
04-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I completely agree. It goes south when name calling begins. That typically happens when one side is out of thoughts or ideas to back up their point of view. There's no need for that. If we don't have name calling then we can't have a ban party or fiery argument

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 04:14 PM
If we don't have name calling then we can't have a ban party or fiery argument Flame someone, QUICK!

Ranger Mom
04-07-2010, 04:16 PM
http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/articles/blog/620000062/20081015/hair-out-714605.jpg

NateDawg39
04-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Flame someone, QUICK!

Flame on!!! :mad: :mad:

Trashman
04-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Wow! RM your hot!:D

Ranger Mom
04-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Wow! RM your hot!:D

LOL!!!!

:)

Bullaholic
04-07-2010, 04:30 PM
I dislike your tactic!! :mad:

Did you miss a ritalin dose today, Nate?
You don't want any part of me, kid....:D

NateDawg39
04-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Did you miss a ritalin dose today, Nate?
You don't want any part of me, kid....:D Bring it on old school! I'm ready :D

Bullaholic
04-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Bring it on old school! I'm ready :D

Ain't but two things keeping you back, junior....:D

1. Common sense.

2. Fear

rockdale80
04-07-2010, 04:56 PM
It isnt about operating at a loss...its about not operating with a huge profit margin like they once were. Let them deny patients. Sooner or later they will need them back because of the need for volume. Let them start scraping by after a few months because they want to make a point. If I can buy the same crap they sell for half the price then why in the hell cant they just shop at walmart? They buy in bulk. No reason a tylenol should cost 2 bucks....

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
It isnt about operating at a loss...its about not operating with a huge profit margin like they once were. Let them deny patients. Sooner or later they will need them back because of the need for volume. Let them start scraping by after a few months because they want to make a point. If I can buy the same crap they sell for half the price then why in the hell cant they just shop at walmart? They buy in bulk. No reason a tylenol should cost 2 bucks.... Its about these intellegent people going into other professions. I know one that now owns a restaurant franchise. One that owns and runs a medical spa. One that owns a few gyms and wellness center. these guys don't need the volume, they are leaving the profession. You want to talk about operating at a loss ...wait till someone cuts off the wrong limb on your body.

LH_Tuff
04-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Its about these intellegent people going into other professions. I know one that now owns a restaurant franchise. One that owns and runs a medical spa. One that owns a few gyms and wellness center. these guys don't need the volume, they are leaving the profession. You want to talk about operating at a loss ...wait till someone cuts off the wrong limb on your body.

So now you had to bring lawyers into the discussion? ;) Maybe it is fear of lawsuits driving them away? :thinking:

Keith7
04-07-2010, 05:17 PM
#1 you are wrong

#2 you picked the wrong day to say this - alienating a person that defends you is a stupid mistake...

#3 it turned political

I wasn't talking about you. I figured it was someone else..

Again aren't both these threads political?? When has that been allowed at all??

Keith7
04-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I completely agree. It goes south when name calling begins. That typically happens when one side is out of thoughts or ideas to back up their point of view. There's no need for that.

No it typically happens when someone's thoughts and ideas get deleted for no reason.. BTW there is plenty of "name calling" coming my way but of course you never hear about that :doh:

NateDawg39
04-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Ain't but two things keeping you back, junior....:D

1. Common sense.

2. Fear I'm above the human kind. I don't need no common sense :D

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm above the human kind. I don't need no common sense :D Quit being a moran!

NateDawg39
04-07-2010, 05:22 PM
No it typically happens when someone's thoughts and ideas get deleted for no reason.. BTW there is plenty of "name calling" coming my way but of course you never hear about that :doh: I hear about it...and see it..but I never do it ;)

NateDawg39
04-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Quit being a moran! :mad: Name calling is not allowed!

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
So now you had to bring lawyers into the discussion? ;) Maybe it is fear of lawsuits driving them away? :thinking: High malpractice insurance is a major factor. One lawsuit regardless of the validity can crush a MD on his own. That is why most are in clinics, but still the overhead is there. There are so many things that are wrong in this country now that should be fixed and healthcare is one of the issues, but they all need to be tackled wisely. It has taken us 60 years to get here and it may take us 60 to get out by doing things correctly, but if we keep putting bandaids on gushing wounds the issues will only increase.

LH Panther Mom
04-07-2010, 07:12 PM
I read the first FOUR posts and that was enough!

SOME of you just cannot help yourselves! Discussions can't happen on anything even remotely political in nature because you can't keep "politics" out of it! And furthermore, I don't give a rats' butt which side you support, it stops now!

As far as questioning WHY something was or wasn't removed, I think there have been enough stickies and notices over the years that POLITICS IS NOT ALLOWED. If you think you need to know WHY, I suggest you contact your friendly moderating staff. Trust me, if something is removed, it is for good reason!