PDA

View Full Version : Castro Claps. U.S.A. finally has health care as good as theirs

PPSTATEBOUND
04-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Get ready folks this is the Horror of a government ran health care system the great Fidel Castro applauded Obama and his blind partons for throwing on the U.S.A. public even though the popular majority dispises these actions....

Hospital Clínico Quirúrgico

State of the art hospitals and medical care? Apparently Castro wants foreigner
to believe this:
But Cubans are not even allowed to visit those facilities. Cubans who
require medical attention must go to other hospitals, that lack the most
minimum requirements needed to take care of their patients.

Feb. 23 - The Castroite propaganda in Sicko so outraged people cursed by fate to
live in Castro's fiefdom that they risked their lives by using hidden cameras to
film conditions in genuine Cuban hospitals, hoping they could alert the world to
Moore's swinishness as a propaganda operative for a Stalinist regime.

http://www.therealcuba.com/Page10.htm

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Does this mean we will be driving 30 yr old cars on streets filled with potholes next?:confused:

I think so!!:thinking:

waterboy
04-07-2010, 09:19 AM
:wave:

Those favoring this idea have NO idea what is about to take place.....:doh:

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Again, his healthcare is govt provided. This one is govt financed. Come on people, it's bad enough we have Glen Beck, do we really need a psychotic response on a board here with these dumbass comparisons? LOL They are NOTHING alike.

Pick6
04-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Again, his healthcare is govt provided. This one is govt financed. Come on people, it's bad enough we have Glen Beck, do we really need a psychotic response on a board here with these dumbass comparisons? LOL They are NOTHING alike.

Hey, don't be hating on Glen Beck, he's good entertainment...lol

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Hey, don't be hating on Glen Beck, he's good entertainment...lol He certainly is that! ;)

SintonFan
04-07-2010, 12:17 PM

It is psychotic and dumb ass if you don't agree with it. I see.:nerd:

Black_Magic
04-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by waterboy

Those favoring this idea have NO idea what is about to take place.....:doh: and what is that? Let me guess. Im gona need to go hide my guns in a hole in my back yard...:rolleyes:

Reds fan
04-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
and what is that? Let me guess. Im gona need to go hide my guns in a hole in my back yard...:rolleyes:

Nah, that's a whole different issue!:ack!:

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
It is psychotic and dumb ass if you don't agree with it. I see.:nerd: No, it's that because factually they are not the same. But, believe what you will! :rolleyes: :cool:

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 12:22 PM
and what is that? Let me guess. Im gona need to go hide my guns in a hole in my back yard...:rolleyes:
lol

PPSTATEBOUND
04-07-2010, 12:24 PM

Okay so a father provides a car for his son, and this father finances a car for his son....same damn thing Boog Boog.

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Okay so a father provides a car for his son, and this father finances a car for his son....same damn thing Boog Boog.
LMAO No a father co-signing for a car and a father saying no you don't get a car you ride public transportion is a better comparison. Come on, how many strawmen do you plan on lining up? The crows are scared already! lmao

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Again, his healthcare is govt provided. This one is govt financed. Come on people, it's bad enough we have Glen Beck, do we really need a psychotic response on a board here with these dumbass comparisons? LOL They are NOTHING alike. You can't compare this to anything yet, because no one has seen the final bill that will be signed into law. This can turn into alot of things and most of them are bad. This bill has little to do with the health of the American people, but lots to do with making corrupt politicians, deal makers, and insurance companies rich. Not to mention the drug companies even richer as more people will be perscribed drugs. :thinking:

Black_Magic
04-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Okay so a father provides a car for his son, and this father finances a car for his son....same damn thing Boog Boog. well as far as i know if the son pays $300 of the $400 payment its still payed for primarily by the son wouldnt you say?

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 12:30 PM
well as far as i know if the son pays $300 of the $400 payment its still payed for primarily by the son wouldnt you say? So if the son doesn't pay it is OK for the IRS to fine him?

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
You can't compare this to anything yet, because no one has seen the final bill that will be signed into law. This can turn into alot of things and most of them are bad. This bill has little to do with the health of the American people, but lots to do with making corrupt politicians, deal makers, and insurance companies rich. Not to mention the drug companies even richer as more people will be perscribed drugs. :thinking: Precisely, this is quite the opposite as it enriches corporate interests rather than strips them of profit. Castro's healthcare is provided by a govt entity of which they have little money. Let's not forget, in this Nation we still view the small island nation as a threat lol. They are poor and do with what they have. You could find pictures like that from Mexcio to Chile. You could find pictures like that at Nursing homes here in the USA. Two years ago in Corpus Christi a number of wards at a mentally disabled hospital were charged for making the patients fight. I mean, we can cherry pick systemic failure in every health care system.

Keith7
04-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Get ready folks this is the Horror of a government ran health care system the great Fidel Castro applauded Obama and his blind partons for throwing on the U.S.A. public even though the popular majority dispises these actions....

Hospital Clínico Quirúrgico

State of the art hospitals and medical care? Apparently Castro wants foreigner
to believe this:
But Cubans are not even allowed to visit those facilities. Cubans who
require medical attention must go to other hospitals, that lack the most
minimum requirements needed to take care of their patients.

Feb. 23 - The Castroite propaganda in Sicko so outraged people cursed by fate to
live in Castro's fiefdom that they risked their lives by using hidden cameras to
film conditions in genuine Cuban hospitals, hoping they could alert the world to
Moore's swinishness as a propaganda operative for a Stalinist regime.

http://www.therealcuba.com/Page10.htm

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s37/smilies-10584.png

Black_Magic
04-07-2010, 12:39 PM
So if the son doesn't pay it is OK for the IRS to fine him? I think so. If you dont have car insurance and you drive then you get fined dont you?

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I think so. If you dont have car insurance and you drive then you get fined dont you? Well with that analogy the only time we should be fined for not having health insurance is if we go to hospital or doctor and are unable to pay for services.

Black_Magic
04-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Well with that analogy the only time we should be fined for not having health insurance is if we go to hospital or doctor and are unable to pay for services. look, I dont care about the specifics of who exactly enforces it. You can look at anything and pick anything to bits . Very few things in this world are without flaws. Look Folks have gone without health insurance because 1) they cant aford it 2) cant get it because of a prexisting condition ( like being born a girl or with a birth defect ). One political party had Years and Years to fix it. didnt do it. Maybe they wish they should have now but in any event it was dealt with by someone else in a way they wish hadnt happened. too bad.

SintonFan
04-07-2010, 01:00 PM
No, it's that because factually they are not the same. But, believe what you will! :rolleyes: :cool:

How are we supposed to pay for this? Come on! 10 years worth of taxes to pay for 6 years of coverage/subsidies. Does that sound honest to you? Are you in support of this outright lie?

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Do not get me wrong, I feel we do need some way to provide all people decent healthcare, but I think it needs to be for the benefit of the people. This, like the Bush drug bill is just a special interest plot to get themselves rich at our expense. It will also add more people to the goverment payroll and increase taxes. Our goverment is too big already.

SintonFan
04-07-2010, 01:03 PM
cant get it because of a prexisting condition ( like being born a girl

So all girls have that pre-existing condition of being born a girl and can't get health insurance?:thinking: :eek:

SintonFan
04-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Do not get me wrong, I feel we do need some way to provide all people decent healthcare, but I think it needs to be for the benefit of the people. This, like the Bush drug bill is just a special interest plot to get themselves rich at our expense. It will also add more people to the goverment payroll and increase taxes. Our goverment is too big already.

I disagree. If someone doesn't want to have health insurance then they should have that right!
This takes away that right.

Black_Magic
04-07-2010, 01:09 PM
How are we supposed to pay for this? Come on! 10 years worth of taxes to pay for 6 years of coverage/subsidies. Does that sound honest to you? Are you in support of this outright lie? Same way Republicans expect to fix the climate issue.... Let the next Generation pay for it.. after all its ok with Republicans to play off global warming and not deal with it when 95% of scientist agree we are causing a warming in the climate. The argument is by the republicans " we dont know for sure we cause global warming so we shouldnt jump out and spend money on fixing it until we are certain". BUT Those same Republicans would go to war with a nation if there was a 1% chance that they have a NUKE... I think some things are worth spending money on. Health of everyone is one of them. We could have made a HUGE dent in this cost if we hadnt have spent HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS in invading a counry that DIDNT have WMD's... I think actualy that some of the predicions that this will help hold costs down are true. All I know Something had to be done and Im glad someone FINALY steped up and did something.

SintonFan
04-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Same way Republicans expect to fix the climate issue.... Let the next Generation pay for it.. after all its ok with Republicans to play off global warming and not deal with it when 95% of scientist agree we are causing a warming in the climate. The argument is by the republicans " we dont know for sure we cause global warming so we shouldnt jump out and spend money on fixing it until we are certain". BUT Those same Republicans would go to war with a nation if there was a 1% chance that they have a NUKE... I think some things are worth spending money on. Health of everyone is one of them. We could have made a HUGE dent in this cost if we hadnt have spent HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS in invading a counry that DIDNT have WMD's... I think actualy that some of the predicions that this will help hold costs down are true. All I know Something had to be done and Im glad someone FINALY steped up and did something.

You didn't answer the question. You intentionally tried to change the subject because you don't have a good answer, do you?
Be honest.

SintonFan
04-07-2010, 01:13 PM
when 95% of scientist agree we are causing a warming in the climate.

That's a big fat lie. Show me when 95% of scientist agree on anything in theory and I'll show you a flying donkey named Jimmy.:rolleyes:

Keith7
04-07-2010, 01:14 PM
You didn't answer the question. You intentionally tried to change the subject because you don't have a good answer, do you?
Be honest.

Ok I have a question for you and answer it appropriately.. Healthcare bill - great idea or the greatest idea? BE HONEST!

SintonFan
04-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Ok I have a question for you and answer it appropriately.. Healthcare bill - great idea or the greatest idea? BE HONEST!

I'll answer it if you answer mine first.
Or can you...:thinking:

Does your question only have those choices?:D

Keith7
04-07-2010, 01:17 PM
I'll answer it if you answer mine first.
Or can you...:thinking:

Does your question only have those choices?:D

dancing around the question huh?
:doh:

Black_Magic
04-07-2010, 01:18 PM
That's a big fat lie. Show me when 95% of scientist agree on anything in theory and I'll show you a flying donkey named Jimmy.:rolleyes: So your saying that a vast majority of scientis DONT say we have a hand in Global warming?? Surely your not going to say most say we DONT... Surely your not going to claim that...:rolleyes:

SintonFan
04-07-2010, 01:19 PM
dancing around the question huh?
:doh:

Keith, how is it possible to say this "Bill" is deficit neutral when there are 10 years worth of taxes and only 6 years worth of coverage/subsidies?

SintonFan
04-07-2010, 01:20 PM
So your saying that a vast majority of scientis DONT say we have a hand in Global warming?? Surely your not going to say most say we DONT... Surely your not going to claim that...:rolleyes:

I am saying your "95%" is a lie.:rolleyes:

WTG and change the subject.

SintonFan
04-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Gotta get some work done...

BTEXDAD
04-07-2010, 01:23 PM
I haven't been on for over year. Test reply only here

Black_Magic
04-07-2010, 01:25 PM
I am saying your "95%" is a lie.:rolleyes:

WTG and change the subject. It does not matter if its 95% or 80% you know as well as I do. SO if its 75% its still a vast majority. Fact is that many republicans would go to war and spend BILLIONS on a 1% chance a bad nation has a NUKE. But would not Spend that money on fixing the Environment if there was a 90% chance we are destroying our climate..... You would pay insurance to make sure bad nations dont get a NUKE BUT you would not do the same to pay insurance to make sure we dont destroy our environment.

Black_Magic
04-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Bottom line . Republican are fine with and will socialize the end costs of inaction on the environment by running up the bill for EVERYONE and especialy on our kids when it comes to the Environmental isssue BUT, Cry Foul when you think about Socializing even some of the COSTS of covering the Health of everyone.

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 01:33 PM
shoulda been in wichita falls christmas eve. THEN we could talk about "global warming".....or, since it's been proven a lie, now labeled "climate change". please. show me the numbers for scientists who believe we are causing the planet to spiral out of control because of "global warming" and i'll show you just as many who believe that claim is absolutely ridiculous.

BullsFan
04-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Castro requiring everyone to use the same medical SYSTEM is hardly the same thing as the government saying everyone has to have insurance. Cuba does not equal the US, and trying to equate the two is just more fear-spreading and misinformation.

BullsFan
04-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Also my understanding of global warming is not just that it's getting hotter. It's that we're losing our global insulation, so to speak, so that our hots are getting hotter and our colds are getting colder. But if no other evidence exists that the planet is in fact getting warmer, I've read multiple sources (both internet and otherwise) that seem to believe the polar ice caps are melting at a fairly speedy rate.

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/effects/polarregions.html

Black_Magic
04-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
shoulda been in wichita falls christmas eve. THEN we could talk about "global warming".....or, since it's been proven a lie, now labeled "climate change". please. show me the numbers for scientists who believe we are causing the planet to spiral out of control because of "global warming" and i'll show you just as many who believe that claim is absolutely ridiculous. Come on! stop sticking your head in the sand!!

LINK (http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/01/19/eco.globalwarmingsurvey/)

ANOTHER LINK (http://stats.org/stories/2008/global_warming_survey_apr23_08.html)

Black_Magic
04-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Also my understanding of global warming is not just that it's getting hotter. It's that we're losing our global insulation, so to speak, so that our hots are getting hotter and our colds are getting colder. But if no other evidence exists that the planet is in fact getting warmer, I've read multiple sources (both internet and otherwise) that seem to believe the polar ice caps are melting at a fairly speedy rate.

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/effects/polarregions.html AGAIN I say Some of you folks would pay BILLIONS on "Insurance" if there was a 1% chance a bad nation could get a nuke to prevent it but NOT spend the same amount if there were a even a 50% chance we could prevent global warming.. AGAIN I say you guy are willing to SOCIALIZE the future cost of some things ( GLOBAL WARMING) but NOT others ( Health care ). I say its a double standard.

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Come on! stop sticking your head in the sand!!

LINK (http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/01/19/eco.globalwarmingsurvey/)

ANOTHER LINK (http://stats.org/stories/2008/global_warming_survey_apr23_08.html)

ahhh yes. the antiquated temperature logs. those have been shown to be no good, because of the areas the monitors are located.

head in the sand? please. i'm breathing clean--although slightly cooler--air.

PPSTATEBOUND
04-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Every 7.2 times this thread is lookd at it gets a reply....:D

BullsFan
04-07-2010, 01:49 PM
AGAIN I say Some of you folks would pay BILLIONS on "Insurance" if there was a 1% chance a bad nation could get a nuke to prevent it but NOT spend the same amount if there were a even a 50% chance we could prevent global warming.. AGAIN I say you guy are willing to SOCIALIZE the future cost of some things ( GLOBAL WARMING) but NOT others ( Health care ). I say its a double standard.

Whoa, dude, are you talking to me? I kind of think we're on the same side. ;)

BullsFan
04-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Every 7.2 times this thread is lookd at it gets a reply....:D

Just call me the bait-taker. :D

Black_Magic
04-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Im just saying I think that Health insurance for everyone , even if there are some socialized costs to it is not a bad thin unlike some do. Im also saying that Some of the same folks crying foul about that aspect of it dont have a problem with socializing the future cost of inaction on the environmental issue. I think its a double standard.

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 01:55 PM
"cost of inaction on the environmental issue" it totally speculative. "cost of paying for this healthcare monstrosity" is in black and white.

Reds fan
04-07-2010, 01:56 PM
It does not matter if its 95% or 80% you know as well as I do. SO if its 75% its still a vast majority. Fact is that many republicans would go to war and spend BILLIONS on a 1% chance a bad nation has a NUKE. But would not Spend that money on fixing the Environment if there was a 90% chance we are destroying our climate..... You would pay insurance to make sure bad nations dont get a NUKE BUT you would not do the same to pay insurance to make sure we dont destroy our environment.

You WANT to believe, you NEED to believe.....sounds like a religious faith! Your emotions are ruling your beliefs.

You want to equate "insurance" to protecting our Nation, which by the way is the PRIMARY duty of our government, so here we go.

Should say, Iran obtain a nuclear weapon, and recent reports suggest that very thing, what would you put your bet on? That a nation with the hatred they have toward the U.S. and armed with nuclear weapons would be less of a danger than climate change theory? I would wager that IF climate change could be affected by $$$$ that the amount of $$$$ would be many hundreds or thousands of times greater than what was spent on all of our wars combined. We CANNOT AFFORD that kind of premium on a theory.

Black_Magic
04-07-2010, 02:07 PM
"cost of inaction on the environmental issue" it totally speculative. "cost of paying for this healthcare monstrosity" is in black and white. What was the cost on the speculative action in going in to IRAQ and taking WMD's that didnt exist away from Iraq? That was speculative and proved wrong. Cost are in the HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS.. FYI. THERE WERE the same things said about SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE when they were passed. NONE came to pass as claimed. I dont think these claims will either. You guys think it ok to spend BILLIONS to keep ALL AMERICANS SAFE from a posible nuke attack but NOT ALL AMERICAN healthy. That tells me you would SPEND BILLIONS to keep YOUR SELF AND FAMILY safe from a NUKE ATTACK but not really the rest of the NATION. IMO

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 02:09 PM
What was the cost on the speculative action in going in to IRAQ and taking WMD's that didnt exist away from Iraq? That was speculative and proved wrong. Cost are in the HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS.. FYI. THERE WERE the same things said about SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE when they were passed. NONE came to pass as claimed. I dont thing these claims will either. You guys think it ok to spend BILLIONS to keep ALL AMERICANS SAFE from a posible nuke attack but NOT ALL AMERICAN healthy. That tells me you would SPEND BILLIONS to keep YOUR SELF AND FAMILY safe from a NUKE ATTACK but not really the rest of the NATION. IMO

FYI, social security and medicare are BROKE.

Black_Magic
04-07-2010, 02:15 PM
sure they aree. thats why old folks dont recieve checks anymore...:rolleyes: ...

Keith7
04-07-2010, 02:15 PM
FYI, social security and medicare are BROKE.

Ok lets get rid of those then and lets see what Americans do :doh:

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 02:17 PM
FYI, social security and medicare are BROKE. And Bush's Medicare bill which was unpaid for didn't help, now did it?

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 02:19 PM
And Bush's Medicare bill which was unpaid for didn't help, now did it?

sure didn't. i didn't agree with a lot of what Bush did. he campaigned the first time around as a "compassionate conservative". turns out, that term means fiscal liberal.

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 02:20 PM
sure didn't. i didn't agree with a lot of what Bush did. he campaigned the first time around as a "compassionate conservative". turns out, that term means fiscal liberal. If he was liberal he'd have raised taxes to pay for it. It was a giveaway.

waterboy
04-07-2010, 02:30 PM
:spitlol: Here we go again.......:doh:

Once again.......

Keith7
04-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:spitlol: Here we go again.......:doh:

Once again.......

Yea it didn't stay a tea party so it has to go :doh:

waterboy
04-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Yea it didn't stay a tea party so it has to go :doh:

:) I like tea.:D

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 03:08 PM
What was the cost on the speculative action in going in to IRAQ and taking WMD's that didnt exist away from Iraq? That was speculative and proved wrong. Cost are in the HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS.. FYI. THERE WERE the same things said about SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE when they were passed. NONE came to pass as claimed. I dont think these claims will either. You guys think it ok to spend BILLIONS to keep ALL AMERICANS SAFE from a posible nuke attack but NOT ALL AMERICAN healthy. That tells me you would SPEND BILLIONS to keep YOUR SELF AND FAMILY safe from a NUKE ATTACK but not really the rest of the NATION. IMO Ask the Kurds about WMDs. The 100's that were killed by Saddams "yellow rain" for simply protesting against him was enough proof that he had them and would use them. Even if he disposed of every biological he had, the infrastructure, money, and knowledge were still intact to produce more. The worst 2 mistakes this country ever made were 1. Not letting Patton continue on into Russia. 2. Not letting Schwartzkoph continue on into Iraq. The third will soon be healthcare.

Keith7
04-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Why does my thread get deleted but the tea bagging thread stays?? :confused:

LH_Tuff
04-07-2010, 03:10 PM
I disagree. If someone doesn't want to have health insurance then they should have that right!
This takes away that right.

OK. When was the last time you were in an emergency room? The last time you had to wait 4 hours because the emergency room was filled with people who had the flu? People that have no insurance so they use the emergency room? Guess what, you are paying for them now, tax dollars go to these emergency rooms to support those that choose to not have insurance.

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 03:11 PM
2. Not letting Schwartzkoph continue on into Iraq. Would have destroyed the coalition. The BIGGEST MISTAKE was not supporting the Kurd/Shia uprising immediately following with air cover and weapons.

The third will soon be healthcare. With or without the bill, healthcare will be disaster. Inaction had a multiplicative effect on cost. This bill merely spreads the cost out w/o controlling it.

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 03:13 PM
sure didn't. i didn't agree with a lot of what Bush did. he campaigned the first time around as a "compassionate conservative". turns out, that term means fiscal liberal. :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
OK. When was the last time you were in an emergency room? The last time you had to wait 4 hours because the emergency room was filled with people who had the flu? People that have no insurance so they use the emergency room? Guess what, you are paying for them now, tax dollars go to these emergency rooms to support those that choose to not have insurance. Unfortunately that is a result more of poor education than lack of healthcare. I know dozens of people who live in the ER because that is the way they were raised. Alot have free healthcare available to them through Medicaid and still they insist on going to the ER. It is the entitlement mentality not healthcare that fuels this behavior.

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Would have destroyed the coalition. The BIGGEST MISTAKE was not supporting the Kurd/Shia uprising immediately following with air cover and weapons.

With or without the bill, healthcare will be disaster. Inaction had a multiplicative effect on cost. This bill merely spreads the cost out w/o controlling it. Wealth redistribution without controls..... Lovely.

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Wealth redistribution without controls..... Lovely. debt redistribution. Whereas before it was distributed most impactfully on the middle class.

Farmersfan
04-07-2010, 03:48 PM
OK. When was the last time you were in an emergency room? The last time you had to wait 4 hours because the emergency room was filled with people who had the flu? People that have no insurance so they use the emergency room? Guess what, you are paying for them now, tax dollars go to these emergency rooms to support those that choose to not have insurance.

Perhaps the answer would be to..........STOP THEM FROM USING THE EMERGENCY ROOM FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LH_Tuff
04-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Unfortunately that is a result more of poor education than lack of healthcare. I know dozens of people who live in the ER because that is the way they were raised. Alot have free healthcare available to them through Medicaid and still they insist on going to the ER. It is the entitlement mentality not healthcare that fuels this behavior.

Exactly. By forcing them to purchase insurance, you are changing this mentality and making them more responsible. Freeing up the emergency room for 'real emergencies'. Not a bad idea in my book.

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Exactly. By forcing them to purchase insurance, you are changing this mentality and making them more responsible. Freeing up the emergency room for 'real emergencies'. Not a bad idea in my book.

ok, so force THEM to buy healthcare. i don't use the ER when i get a sniffle. punishing the masses for the sins of a few.

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 04:09 PM
ok, so force THEM to buy healthcare. i don't use the ER when i get a sniffle. punishing the masses for the sins of a few. It's a sin to seek care?

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 04:11 PM
It's a sin to seek care?

if it forces me to buy healthcare...yes. plus, i want a BMW.

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 04:11 PM
if it forces me to buy healthcare...yes. plus, i want a BMW. At least your honest, I'll convey the message! ;)

LH_Tuff
04-07-2010, 04:13 PM
ok, so force THEM to buy healthcare. i don't use the ER when i get a sniffle. punishing the masses for the sins of a few.

We are paying for it either way. At least if you force the masses to have insurance, they will go to the Dr. just like you and I. It is all about the system. The current system is broke. We can continue to pay for a broke system, or pay for one that is more efficient. I choose the latter.

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 04:16 PM
We are paying for it either way. At least if you force the masses to have insurance, they will go to the Dr. just like you and I. It is all about the system. The current system is broke. We can continue to pay for a broke system, or pay for one that is more efficient. I choose the latter.

if it lessens the number of doctors by making the profession become less desirable (placing a ceiling on their salary), how does that make it more efficient?

Phil C
04-07-2010, 04:17 PM
I'LL SUE!!

:mad:

TheDOCTORdre
04-07-2010, 04:20 PM
would it have been possible to put government regulations on insurance companies, ie, cant deny based on pre-existing conditions, set rate for deductibles, and a cap for the maximum anyone has to pay for insurance? I'm just wondering

LH_Tuff
04-07-2010, 04:22 PM
if it lessens the number of doctors by making the profession become less desirable (placing a ceiling on their salary), how does that make it more efficient?

More propaganda. No one is putting a cap on Dr. salaries. Insurance companies have always capped what they pay for services. Have you ever looked at a insurance statement? You will see what the Dr. charges and what the insurance company actually pays for that service. Dr.'s make more money by increasing their customer list. No one says they cannot see more patients. The real complaint here is with the insurance companies and the 'capped' amount they pay for services. What doctors are really complaining about is that they have to accept what the insurance companies are going to pay them.

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
would it have been possible to put government regulations on insurance companies, ie, cant deny based on pre-existing conditions, set rate for deductibles, and a cap for the maximum anyone has to pay for insurance? I'm just wondering Yes, but that is too easy and less likely to bankrupt the country!

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 04:32 PM
if it lessens the number of doctors by making the profession become less desirable (placing a ceiling on their salary), how does that make it more efficient? Won't lessen just lower the quality. thus your doctor that you see will quit and be replaced by someone with a degree from Mexico.

NateDawg39
04-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Yes, but that is too easy and less likely to bankrupt the country! thats right!!

Pick6
04-07-2010, 04:36 PM
No one says they cannot see more patients.

Call this number 903-564-9090 and asked if he'll take more patients.

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Exactly. By forcing them to purchase insurance, you are changing this mentality and making them more responsible. Freeing up the emergency room for 'real emergencies'. Not a bad idea in my book. They will buy nothing. I will pay for it, they are on Medicaid and that is what they do go to the ER. Changing the entitlement mentality is the only way to change that, not provide yet another entitlement.

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 04:41 PM
People should be entitled to care and treatment. Convincing someone they don't deserve it while they're denied treatment with insurance or w/o it shouldn't happen. You may disagree and there lay the discourse. If we all just said as long as I'm cared for, everyone else should perish if unable is sociopathic. For so many who claim this is a christian nation I find that to be a glaring hypocrisy.

TheDOCTORdre
04-07-2010, 04:44 PM
For so many who claim this is a christian nation I find that to be a glaring hypocrisy.

we're a Christian nation only in name, the reason why we are having the discussion about health care is because the christian church has failed to do their part as commanded in the Bible to care for the sick, needy and helpless

LH_Tuff
04-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Yes, but that is too easy and less likely to bankrupt the country!

As long as this country allows corporations to drive policy (Ahem, supreme court ruling) we always have these kind of messes. What I mean by messes is insurance companies running the show for healthcare.

When the Supreme Court recently rejected caps on corporate spending for campaigns, here is what Obama said:

President Obama called it “a major victory for big oil, Wall Street banks, health insurance companies and the other powerful interests that marshal their power every day in Washington to drown out the voices of everyday Americans.”

Our government has been nothing more than puppets for corporations for a very long time. Changing who is in Washington will never change that. Allowing corporations to pump money into the pockets of politicians should be illegal. The Supreme Court got this one dead wrong.

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 04:47 PM
we're a Christian nation only in name, the reason why we are having the discussion about health care is because the christian church has failed to do their part as commanded in the Bible to care for the sick, needy and helpless They're too busy flying around in jets condemning homo-sexuality! lol

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 04:48 PM
People should be entitled to care and treatment. Convincing someone they don't deserve it while they're denied treatment with insurance or w/o it shouldn't happen. You may disagree and there lay the discourse. If we all just said as long as I'm cared for, everyone else should perish if unable is sociopathic. For so many who claim this is a christian nation I find that to be a glaring hypocrisy. Totally agree with that, everyone deserves some type of reasonable healthcare, but this plan is bad and needs to be scrapped. We need a well thought out plan that involves everyone and that a great majority can support not something thrown together in a backroom deal.

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
As long as this country allows corporations to drive policy (Ahem, supreme court ruling) we always have these kind of messes. What I mean by messes is insurance companies running the show for healthcare.

When the Supreme Court recently rejected caps on corporate spending for campaigns, here is what Obama said:

President Obama called it “a major victory for big oil, Wall Street banks, health insurance companies and the other powerful interests that marshal their power every day in Washington to drown out the voices of everyday Americans.”

Our government has been nothing more than puppets for corporations for a very long time. Changing who is in Washington will never change that. Allowing corporations to pump money into the pockets of politicians should be illegal. The Supreme Court got this one dead wrong. Yup and polls of right and left had over 80% agreement on that topic, yet as is standard operation, neither parties will be the 1st to kick them out.

TheDOCTORdre
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
They're too busy flying around in jets condemning homo-sexuality! lol

funny, sad, and true all at the same time

rockdale80
04-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Totally agree with that, everyone deserves some type of reasonable healthcare, but this plan is bad and needs to be scrapped. We need a well thought out plan that involves everyone and that a great majority can support not something thrown together in a backroom deal.

Well instead of coming up with something useful the right wing has only smeared the left and brought nothing to the table. You have done the same....

This may be the wrong first step, but it is progress regardless.

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Totally agree with that, everyone deserves some type of reasonable healthcare, but this plan is bad and needs to be scrapped. We need a well thought out plan that involves everyone and that a great majority can support not something thrown together in a backroom deal. Won't disagree, this plan is anything but socialism it's Corporatism almost to the definition. We've been thrown to the industry and said here's a blank check. I'm liberal secular progressive as most of you know, and I KNOW this bill is anything but perfect. We will revisit this again in the future, mark my words. Costs will still go up, this may distribute the costs around more, but no controls on the people driving the costs up is not sustainable.

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 04:52 PM
funny, sad, and true all at the same time Or defending Pedophilia from a palace in the Vatican.

Pick6
04-07-2010, 04:52 PM
They're too busy flying around in jets condemning homo-sexuality! lol

I don't have a jet but I'll condemn it the bitter end.

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 04:54 PM

Our government has been nothing more than puppets for corporations for a very long time. Changing who is in Washington will never change that. Allowing corporations to pump money into the pockets of politicians should be illegal. The Supreme Court got this one dead wrong. You are correct sir. There are no longer 2 sides of the aisle fighting over what their constituents want. There are 2 sides fighting over who can make the most money. Denny Hasterick(sp) came into office worth under a million dollars and left worth over an estimated 3-5 million, that is on top of all of the deals that were beneficial to his friends and family. Anyone who thinks there is a difference is blinded by the light.

DDBooger
I don't have a jet but I'll condemn it the bitter end. As is your right, as long as you don't bash em! ;) <---straight wink! haha

TheDOCTORdre
I don't have a jet but I'll condemn it the bitter end.

as will i but the problem with alot of christians today is that they dont stop at condemning, they take it to hatred, discrimination and thats not how it should be

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Well instead of coming up with something useful the right wing has only smeared the left and brought nothing to the table. You have done the same....

This may be the wrong first step, but it is progress regardless. If someone gives you a million dollars to start a fire and you throw the million in and strike a match...is that progress?

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 04:58 PM
as will i but the problem with alot of christians today is that they dont stop at condemning, they take it to hatred, discrimination and thats not how it should be Lots of first stone casting nowdays.

rockdale80
04-07-2010, 05:00 PM
If someone gives you a million dollars to start a fire and you throw the million in and strike a match...is that progress?

Poor analogy. You are still hate mongering...what do you propose we do? Since you are so against this plan, surely you have one of your own. I know a good Christian man like you wouldnt say or think that the poor should perish and be denied treatment, would you? So surely you have some ideas....

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 05:01 PM
You are correct sir. There are no longer 2 sides of the aisle fighting over what their constituents want. There are 2 sides fighting over who can make the most money. Denny Hasterick(sp) came into office worth under a million dollars and left worth over an estimated 3-5 million, that is on top of all of the deals that were beneficial to his friends and family. Anyone who thinks there is a difference is blinded by the light. If people stopped the screaming and incendiary remarks about things that are hardly the case, we'd accomplish something united. The Democrats tell their constituents they'll defend us from unethical greed, yet they're funded by it and the right tells you they'll stand up for the individual and liberty and sell you out to the Corporate interest. When people own their knowledge and turn off the radio and tv eliminating our puppet masters, we may return to civil discourse rather than our current social anxiety that only benefits those we all have commonly as opponents to our interests.

LH_Tuff
04-07-2010, 05:03 PM
If people stopped the screaming and incendiary remarks about things that are hardly the case, we'd accomplish something united. The Democrats tell their constituents they'll defend us from unethical greed, yet they're funded by it and the right tells you they'll stand up for the individual and liberty and sell you out to the Corporate interest. When people own their knowledge and turn off the radio and tv eliminating our puppet masters, we may return to civil discourse rather than our current social anxiety that only benefits those we all have commonly as opponents to our interests.

Bravo...:clap: :clap: :clap:

Pick6
04-07-2010, 05:12 PM
If people stopped the screaming and incendiary remarks about things that are hardly the case, we'd accomplish something united. The Democrats tell their constituents they'll defend us from unethical greed, yet they're funded by it and the right tells you they'll stand up for the individual and liberty and sell you out to the Corporate interest. When people own their knowledge and turn off the radio and tv eliminating our puppet masters, we may return to civil discourse rather than our current social anxiety that only benefits those we all have commonly as opponents to our interests.

Go Tea Party....lol

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Poor analogy. You are still hate mongering...what do you propose we do? Since you are so against this plan, surely you have one of your own. I know a good Christian man like you wouldnt say or think that the poor should perish and be denied treatment, would you? So surely you have some ideas.... Absolutely I have some ideas, just like everyone else does. The point is to take everyones ideas and put them together into a plan that will work and not just start another entitlement that will go broke. My main idea on this would be much as we had until recently here in Texarkana, a Peoples Clinic. This was funded through church donations and various grants and was fairly successful. It provided medical care to all based on income, no need to buy anything from anyone, no IRS, no anything. If we would focus more on these types of projects on a national level everyone would have healthcare. Can I get an AMEN brother Rockdale??

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Go Tea Party....lol haha ;)
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp130/MSELAINEYUS/get-a-brain-morans.jpg

Pick6
04-07-2010, 05:18 PM
haha ;)
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp130/MSELAINEYUS/get-a-brain-morans.jpg

Direct and to the point. What more could you ask for...lol

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Direct and to the point. What more could you ask for...lol LOL It's avatar material :thinking:

LE Dad
04-07-2010, 05:20 PM
If people stopped the screaming and incendiary remarks about things that are hardly the case, we'd accomplish something united. The Democrats tell their constituents they'll defend us from unethical greed, yet they're funded by it and the right tells you they'll stand up for the individual and liberty and sell you out to the Corporate interest. When people own their knowledge and turn off the radio and tv eliminating our puppet masters, we may return to civil discourse rather than our current social anxiety that only benefits those we all have commonly as opponents to our interests. Wow! If only a few million more thought like us. Even though we are on opposite ends in our political beliefs, we can both see that something is fundamentally wrong with our current goverment. It no longer represents us.

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Wow! If only a few million more thought like us. Even though we are on opposite ends in our political beliefs, we can both see that something is fundamentally wrong with our current goverment. It no longer represents us. We may seek different avenues to the same outcome, and we are all guilty of feeding the fire a time or too. I think stepping back and approaching things as civilized countrymen, we'd find a better approach. Unfortunately, my congressman and Senator's ears aren't preoccupied with constituents while in power only while out of power do they listen. Once they gain the legislation gavel, it's "I'm sorry, you are? Put him behind my 3:00 o'clock with the #### Lobby" If they'll see you at all. Representative Democracy was meant to protect the minority from the majority. We're in a unique position where we have no one protecting the majority from the minority of INTERESTED parties (lobbyists etc.)

Txbroadcaster
04-07-2010, 06:17 PM
I said it on here before

The biggest mistake is that healthcare was created and ran for generations as a for profit buisness. It spawned the health insurance field which was of course for profit.

You cant just flip the switch and go away from it now. There is no perfect plan...You eliminate the health insurance part and MILLIONS would lose jobs and the economy would lose billions if not more.

People who think Doctors now make alot of money need to look at the REAL facts and that it is Dr.s spend YEARS paying for school loans and add in the malpractice insurance and doctors spend many years teetering the line of being poor or being sound money wise.

I think we need to get away from national medical chains and go back to more localized local doctors and hospitals. Hospital chains care about money first, great care second.