PDA

View Full Version : Butler's Head Coach

TheDOCTORdre
04-06-2010, 05:54 PM
man I wish I could have applied for a coaching job straight out of junior high :D how old is he?

bwdlionfan
04-06-2010, 06:56 PM

zebrablue2
04-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

he does look 23!

Looking4number8
04-06-2010, 08:42 PM
And Coach K from Duke does not look 63!

eagleqb_14
04-06-2010, 09:07 PM
ha yea hes 33. coach k is a great coach. dont hate

eagles_victory
04-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
ha yea hes 33. coach k is a great coach. dont hate I think that was meant as a compliment.

BaseballUmp
04-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Is he like 4? Looks like he just got weaned haha

BHBrave08
04-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
And Coach K from Duke does not look 63!

WOW!!!! I had no idea he was that old. He looks like he is in his late 40's early 50's.

And yea I look older than Butler's HC and I'm in college lol.

poisoned10
04-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Brad Stevens in my new favorite head coach in college basketball.

He has brought a team full of no-name talent, taught them how to play hard and play great defense and led them to within 2 points of a national championship. And the way he and his team presents themselves is nice to see.

kaorder1999
04-07-2010, 10:13 AM
he was 3 when Coach K ws hired at Duke

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Texas should get rid of Barnes and hire Stevens.

NastySlot
04-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
Texas should get rid of Barnes and hire Stevens.

for one so called bad season?

kaorder1999
04-07-2010, 11:15 AM
at this point, besides money, why would he leave butler? He has some stuff in place to be just as good for a couple years

Old Tiger
04-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
for one so called bad season? I don't like Barnes too much and I don't think he's that good of a in game coach. It would be interesting to see how well Texas could of and would do with a new coach.

eagles_victory
04-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Brad Stevens in my new favorite head coach in college basketball.

He has brought a team full of no-name talent, taught them how to play hard and play great defense and led them to within 2 points of a national championship. And the way he and his team presents themselves is nice to see. No talent? They had talent Heyward is a projected first round NBA pick if he comes out this year. Mack and Howard are well known as good players in the college basketball world. Not trying to take anything away from Stevens but to say they have no talent is crazy.

Daddy D 11
04-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
No talent? They had talent Heyward is a projected first round NBA pick if he comes out this year. Mack and Howard are well known as good players in the college basketball world. Not trying to take anything away from Stevens but to say they have no talent is crazy.

You're right. I think Butler was a preseason #11... obviously people respected their talent.

kaorder1999
04-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
No talent? They had talent Heyward is a projected first round NBA pick if he comes out this year. Mack and Howard are well known as good players in the college basketball world. Not trying to take anything away from Stevens but to say they have no talent is crazy.

he didnt say they had no talent....he said they had no-name talent which means they had good players that nobody had ever heard of

SintonPirateFan
04-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
for one so called bad season?

if only it were one. he's been with the Horns since 98. what has he done with the team since then? sure, we've had great recruiting, but when you only make one final four and have perrennial top 5 recruiting classes in 12 years, that is unacceptable.

has he had a "signature win"? it's time for a change.

eagles_victory
04-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
he didnt say they had no talent....he said they had no-name talent which means they had good players that nobody had ever heard of Thing is it wasn't no name talent if you follow the game. I don't know maybe I follow closer than most I guess.

BHBrave08
04-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
if only it were one. he's been with the Horns since 98. what has he done with the team since then? sure, we've had great recruiting, but when you only make one final four and have perrennial top 5 recruiting classes in 12 years, that is unacceptable.

has he had a "signature win"? it's time for a change.

Barnes does get less out of amazing athletes than just about any coach out there.

DDBooger
04-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
Barnes does get less out of amazing athletes than just about any coach out there. Hey BH, speaking of Heyward, the Braves have a stud in theirs.

emacppbcat4life
04-08-2010, 12:30 AM
I wouldnt call heyward and mack no name talent either they both were on the under 19 USA team with Nolan Smith so they werent no names going into college, if u would follow college bball more u would realize butler was a good team the whole year being ranked in the top 25 all year i believe, they were a so called "cinderella" not in my book they werent....just because they were from a mid major confrence doesnt automatically make a team a cinderella. Mich St. was also a 5 seed and they werent called a cinderella. I thought Brad Stevens did a tremendous job and they only had 3 seniors on that team if heyward(soph) and mack(soph) return with the help of howard (jr) you might see them back in the final four next season!

poisoned10
04-08-2010, 01:23 AM
The reason I called them "no-name talent" was because if you asked 90% of college basketball fans, they couldn't have told you their top player, much less 3 or 4 players on their team. Except for those die-hard fans, of course. I personally knew absolutely nothing about Butler at the beginning of the year.

They definitely have talent and obviously plenty of it to make it to the championship game.

SintonPirateFan
04-09-2010, 12:42 PM
so much for any "big name" school getting him....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5068230

good for him for being content where he is (coughBILLYGILLESPIEcough), and good for Butler.